PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Reduced Insurance costs for Classic Cars

Unicorn
23-01-2014, 17:06
Can anyone tell me if there is a company here who will insure my 28 year old jeep at a reduced rate, as it is now classed as "Classic"

Thanks.

Tdm
23-01-2014, 19:54
I have a 36 year old Classic Car but can only get normal 3rd Party Fire & Theft cover here. If anyone does Classic Car insurance I would like to know about it, but I don't think so.

Unicorn
24-01-2014, 04:57
I have a 36 year old Classic Car but can only get normal 3rd Party Fire & Theft cover here. If anyone does Classic Car insurance I would like to know about it, but I don't think so.

I was told by a Helvetia agent that I could get reduced insurance on a classic car if it was my second car. Their view is that it is only used occasionally so therefore the reduction. As we only have the old jeep it didn't apply to us, but it might be a good idea for you if you have another vehicle. Hope this helps.

casabonny
24-01-2014, 10:07
I beleive that Liberty do this, contact Anne Hobson she will be able to advise you.

Tdm
24-01-2014, 10:46
With regard to casabony's & unicorn's replies I shall look into this as my wife and I have a car each and the more modern of the two gets used the most,
so my Stag could be classed as a 2nd car, although the cars are in different names, both my wife's and mine.