PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best and the worst Chinese buffets in Tenerife?

lynnangela
23-01-2014, 22:43
Last week we ventured out to the Wok N Fire in Las Chafiras as the Wok down in San Blas seems to have been closed this month. Ive heard good reports about the Wok N Fire in the past so was glad to have an opportunity to try it. It was awful. Even my son (who will seriously eat anything) has said he wouldn't go back if there were giving it away. The restaurant itself is uninspiring and the staff just look fed up. One of the customers spilt their drink on the floor and the waitress just unfolded a newspaper and left it on the puddle in the middle of the floor, it never got mopped up whilst we were there, you just had to make your way around it 1 dining table nearest the food was being used to stack dirty plates, that alone was enough to put you off. The food was cold and nothing was being replenished so when all the starters were gone, they were gone (except for the bits no one likes or eats). I cannot deny its cheap at €7.95 a head eat all you want, for 3 us with drinks came to about €36, but I will never go back.

Tonight we went to the Rio Sur Wok at the other end of Las Chafiras ( on the way out to Guargacho). It was fabulous. Probably the best Chinese I have eaten here or in the UK. From the moment we walked through the door we knew it was going to be good. The smell of the food wafted towards you as you walked in, the staff were friendly and smiled and greeted you. The place is done out beautifully considering it is a big place. And the food was superb. It was hot, delicious, loads of choice including wonderful sushi (which was chilled just in case you wondered!) The only thing that was missing was duck pancakes. There was plenty of duck, gorgeous thick slices of it, but no pancakes. Maybe we should have asked but there was so much other choice I forgot to ask. The cooked main meals were just as wonderful and there was the wok section with big sirloin steaks the thickest pork chops ive seen, plenty of fresh fish and seafood, chicken and loads of fresh raw veg to go with your grill. Then there was just a great selection of dessert stuff. The bill for 3 of us including drinks came to €44. I cannot wait to go back there

Tom & Sharon
23-01-2014, 23:10
Last week we ventured out to the Wok N Fire in Las Chafiras as the Wok down in San Blas seems to have been closed this month. Ive heard good reports about the Wok N Fire in the past so was glad to have an opportunity to try it. It was awful. Even my son (who will seriously eat anything) has said he wouldn't go back if there were giving it away. The restaurant itself is uninspiring and the staff just look fed up. One of the customers spilt their drink on the floor and the waitress just unfolded a newspaper and left it on the puddle in the middle of the floor, it never got mopped up whilst we were there, you just had to make your way around it 1 dining table nearest the food was being used to stack dirty plates, that alone was enough to put you off. The food was cold and nothing was being replenished so when all the starters were gone, they were gone (except for the bits no one likes or eats). I cannot deny its cheap at €7.95 a head eat all you want, for 3 us with drinks came to about €36, but I will never go back.

Tonight we went to the Rio Sur Wok at the other end of Las Chafiras ( on the way out to Guargacho). It was fabulous. Probably the best Chinese I have eaten here or in the UK. From the moment we walked through the door we knew it was going to be good. The smell of the food wafted towards you as you walked in, the staff were friendly and smiled and greeted you. The place is done out beautifully considering it is a big place. And the food was superb. It was hot, delicious, loads of choice including wonderful sushi (which was chilled just in case you wondered!) The only thing that was missing was duck pancakes. There was plenty of duck, gorgeous thick slices of it, but no pancakes. Maybe we should have asked but there was so much other choice I forgot to ask. The cooked main meals were just as wonderful and there was the wok section with big sirloin steaks the thickest pork chops ive seen, plenty of fresh fish and seafood, chicken and loads of fresh raw veg to go with your grill. Then there was just a great selection of dessert stuff. The bill for 3 of us including drinks came to €44. I cannot wait to go back there

We're thinking of trying it, so thanks for the recommendation.

Dodger
23-01-2014, 23:48
We're thinking of trying it, so thanks for the recommendation.

Can you give more precise directions please?

Tom & Sharon
23-01-2014, 23:55
Can you give more precise directions please?

It's at Las Chafiras. The far end in the direction of Los Cristianos, in the building which used to be "Woman"

lynnangela
23-01-2014, 23:56
You can see it from the main road and the motorway going past Las Chafiras, it is lit up pink at the front. If you are coming from Los Cris then its the first building you see on the right hand side and it says WOK in big friendly pink letters. Come off the motorway at the Los Abrigos turn off, and then take first right off the roundabout and past the macdonalds. You need to turn into the Las Chafiras industrial estate at some point long that road (possibly turn just after Worten?) then drive along to the end. I came up from Golf Del Sur so got to it through the back roads of the industrial estate.

primrose
24-01-2014, 00:06
It's at Las Chafiras. The far end in the direction of Los Cristianos, in the building which used to be "Woman"

Sharon your not usually that reserved,you should have just put it's what used to be the Brothel.:whistle:

Dodger
24-01-2014, 00:10
Sharon your not usually that reserved,you should have just put it's what used to be the Brothel.:whistle:
Right why didn't you say it was the old brothel, not that I know where that was.

Tom & Sharon
24-01-2014, 00:22

I wasn't being reserved. I just though, as above, he may not know it ;) Lol!

slodgedad
24-01-2014, 00:31
We tried it last week. Better than Wok'n'Fire but the only thing hot was the soup.

9PLUS
24-01-2014, 00:50
the brothel was better than the Chinese though

x

Hannah01
24-01-2014, 13:36
If I have to choose one then it would be "Imperial Tai-Pan" and when it comes to the worst one it has to be "Mei Shi Xuan"

timmylish
25-01-2014, 04:18
If I have to choose one then it would be "Imperial Tai-Pan" and when it comes to the worst one it has to be "Mei Shi Xuan"

Good to know!

Ricman
25-01-2014, 13:27
The Rio Sur Wok had a speciality green vegetarian dish called Brothel Sprouts.

I`ll get my coat.

Medman
25-01-2014, 14:54
The Rio Sur Wok had a speciality green vegetarian dish called Brothel Sprouts.

I`ll get my coat.

Check out the menu: Number 69, Chow Mein, Meal for Two ..... I'm behind Ricman .. :run:

kingbaker
25-01-2014, 21:05
Do they serve women or do you have to bring your own?:D:D:D:cheeky::crylaughing:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Do you have to book or can you just WOK in?:crylaughing:

Rickiebear
26-01-2014, 09:42
Hi, I often use the one on the sea front in Puerto. All in for 5€, plus a drink. Always hot and freshly served. Great views too.

Leam_Lin
26-01-2014, 10:33
Hi, I often use the one on the sea front in Puerto. All in for 5€, plus a drink. Always hot and freshly served. Great views too.
Peking Palace opposite La Nina hotel is our favourite, B & Q next to St. Eugenes a bit canteenish but good, another is at Gran Sur shopping centre.

We would rather pay the bit extra & go to the Slowboat at Puerto Colon,(free bottle of wine).

CIM
26-01-2014, 19:06
Peking palace also best I´ve been to for buffet. Not keen on the Gran Sure one - the noodles are wrong and it is boiled rice. Used to be good but seems to have gone downhill.

kathml
26-01-2014, 19:34
Decent food costs whether it's Chinese or any other cuisine

Dutts
26-01-2014, 21:30
Yep, Peking Palace gets my vote too.

ddoyle
26-01-2014, 22:47
Peking Palace gets my vote too.

macdonald5
26-01-2014, 23:07
Peking Palace definately for us, great selection, very clean ,friendly ,helpful staff

Malteser Monkey
27-01-2014, 14:38
Check out the menu: Number 69, Chow Mein, Meal for Two ..... I'm behind Ricman .. :run:

Do they serve women or do you have to bring your own?:D:D:D:cheeky::crylaughing:

Do you have to book or can you just WOK in?:crylaughing:

I'll get your coats:D

kingbaker
29-01-2014, 18:15

UGH!! Nothing worse that hot beer!! yukk!

I'll get your coats:D

Why'd we need our coats.....have we pulled? (its been a while as you can tell)

9PLUS
30-01-2014, 07:40
Why'd we need our coats.....have we pulled? (its been a while as you can tell)

blimey she's at it again, dunna worry pal its just the king word that attracts her

X

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2014, 10:00
blimey she's at it again, dunna worry pal its just the king word that attracts her

X

:crazy:................

kingbaker
31-01-2014, 13:03
:crazy:................

Jeepers Creepers .......is monkey features stuck for words?????????...........Wondebar!!:bootyshake::bo otyshake::bootyshake::lol::cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2014, 13:28
Jeepers Creepers .......is monkey features stuck for words?????????...........Wondebar!!:bootyshake::bo otyshake::bootyshake::lol::cheeky:

as if :D.........

kingbaker
31-01-2014, 13:31
A much reduced vocabulary then!!:bootyshake::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2014, 13:36
A much reduced vocabulary then!!:bootyshake::crylaughing:

why use many when two will suffice :whistle::bootyshake:

atlantico
31-01-2014, 20:51
what happens when an area gets too much of something ? Quality is lost. When the Woks first opened, and there was only a few, they were great. But now that they are on every street corner, in small areas, located in massive buildings, I'm not surprised that quality of food is slipping. They just can't get enough customers through the door to justify cooking enough hot, fresh food. We now stick to the standard Chinese restaurants and get each meal freshly prepared and hot ! and actually, it don't work out more money than these cheap free buffets !