PDA

View Full Version : Travel Can anyone recommend places to go on the West coast of Tenerife?

Jabba43
25-01-2014, 12:36
Going up the West Coast today with my 3 young kids and wife. As we have never been up this side any recommendations?

karinagal
25-01-2014, 15:40
Aww... Such a shame that no one was able to give you any recommendations.. Please do tell us if you had a good trip? Is there anything you would now recommend to others? Haven't considered such a trip before but if it's worthwhile, might give it a shot next time out.

kingbaker
25-01-2014, 20:54
Call into Puerto Santiago and go into a small cafe. (Its opposite the mini-soccer pitch at the Park/Square) Can't remember....it's a girls name...
Like 'Rachels Cafe'............Have a Barrraquitttoooo...about 4 times the size of normal for bout a €1 Fab value..Spanish prices for snacks /burgers /sandwiches etc

Jabba43
25-01-2014, 20:55
Got as far as Playa san Juan, nice spot, playground for the kids, bit of lunch and came back. Would go again for a day trip.

KirstyJay
26-01-2014, 12:30
Got as far as Playa san Juan, nice spot, playground for the kids, bit of lunch and came back. Would go again for a day trip.

My favourite restaurant is here. San Juan Creativo in the plaza in front of the church.

My business is also here. :)

DJ Dangerous
26-01-2014, 19:41
If, instead of taking the coast road, you take the inland road continuing on from the TF1, it leads up through a few lovely towns to Guia de Isora.

Shortly after Guia, there's a well-signposted right turn, where you can either head up Teide, or go on towards Arguayo.

Take the Arguayo road.

This leads you through the lava fields and to a town called Las Manchas (roughly translates as "The Stains").

Go on a little more, and take the turn right towards Santiago de Teide, then left towards Masca.

As you drive up the steep hill, full of switchbacks, you come to a hilltop with a viewpoint where you can park and look back towards Las Manchas.

When you look back, you will see why it is named as such.

Lovely views!