PDA

View Full Version : Other We have been burgled. Reward offered

Jacqui
26-01-2014, 23:23
Hello everyone,
We moved nr. Valle San Lorenzo on 2nd Jan and was burgled last week.. hey..ho..!! Naive (I know now..) to think it was safe..
Anyway the robber stole an irreplaceable ring..
Description;
Gold ring with a YELLOW solitaire diamond mounted on a platform above the band, gold shoulders with white diamond chips running down each side..
The ring is very unique & easily recognisible.
The Yellow diamond was created with the cremated ashes of my son who died.. hence it's irreplaceable and of immense sentimental value..
The ring is of little retail value..
I'm thinking that many eyes are better than 2, so Tenerife forum folk could keep a look out I'd be so very, very grateful, if anyone sees anything similar please contact me via the forum.
I'd be eternally grateful...:wave::

lynnangela
27-01-2014, 02:30
That's desperately sad to lose your ring and awful to happen so soon after moving here. You cannot take anything for granted especially in the current economic climate and breakins seem to be all around. Our place was broken into 2 weeks before we moved in here so we were lucky as we lost nothing personally but there was a lot of expensive damage done that is still being resolved. You have have to good security in place. We had a decent safe installed as soon as we moved in and I make it part of my routine when I go out to lock things away. The minute I drop my guard I know I will regret it!

I do hope you get the ring back, you must be distraught. Do you have any pictures of it? was anything else taken? if someone can track one thing down it might lead to the ring as well. If you can circulate pictures it may help to find it. Post it on facebook Tenerife Wanted as well, and it might turn up on Tenerife flogg it too. Its a closed group but im a member so can put you forward for membership as well. PM me for my facebook name.

Jabba43
27-01-2014, 08:28
I was listening to the local Radio the other day and a couple guys got arrested for break ins because the owners recognized their jewelry for sale in a jewelers. So I would have a look around the shops, you might get lucky.

casabonny
27-01-2014, 11:10
Sadly I have heard of quite a few break ins of late in Valle and the police think its a family living locally as told to me by one person who had been broken into. I do hope you get your ring back, I would go to all the Compro Oro shops and give them a description and tell them of the offered reward and you might just get lucky.If you had a picture all the better.
I assume the police have been informed?

Malteser Monkey
27-01-2014, 11:17
That's terrible so sorry for you I do hope you get it back as Lynnangela said do you have pics you could post for folks to have an idea of what they are keeping an eye out for

Just wondering if the local papers could help posting a pic or something - just a thought

Suej
27-01-2014, 12:07
Terrible thing to happen! I'm so sorry! If you haven't got a photo of the ring could you do an accurate sketch of it! Because of the enormous sentimental value of the ring I'm sure if you contact the Brit papers they might help by putting a picture in the next edition! I do hope you get it back! Don't give up hope!:sorry:

lynnangela
27-01-2014, 18:13
Jaqui with your permission I can copy your post to Tenerife Wanted if it helps? info should be circulated sooner rather than later, but I wont post it till you give the go ahead

Jabba43
27-01-2014, 18:51
Did they nick an old school camcorder too? I got offered one by a dodgy bloke outside the Mercadona in Cabo Blanco today

Jacqui
27-01-2014, 21:47
Thank you so much, if you think that would help then please do.. I'm having a problem finding my way around the site, I think I'm replying then choosing the wrong option and deleting my reply so I hope this reaches you..
A bracelet and watch were also taken, the bracelet was a solid gold band with a gold screw design around the band and a Seiko watch (which was broken) both of sentimental value but not like the ring..
I do not have a picture of the ring, I never wore it as it was too precious I just used to open the box to look at it.
It is very distinctive though, you hardly ever see a ring with a yellow diamond it would be recognised by the description I gave.
Sorry to hear that you were also broken into and I hope you have no further problems.
Thank you for your help, it's most kind of you..

lapalma
27-01-2014, 22:17
MM has a good valid point regarding a picture/photo of the stolen goods.The best way to keep note of all your valuables is to take a photo of the goods eg rings,watches,TVs,laptops,talets etc etc.Put all the valuables onto a disc and keep in a safe place.I do hope that the thief is caught.

That's terrible so sorry for you I do hope you get it back as Lynnangela said do you have pics you could post for folks to have an idea of what they are keeping an eye out for

Just wondering if the local papers could help posting a pic or something - just a thought

lynnangela
27-01-2014, 22:58
Jacqui I have posted this on facebook wanted now

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Jacqui, just another thought, I have heard of these rings before, the company that produces them will have a catalogue of the types of rings they can make. Can you contact the company and possibly get a picture from them to give an idea of what it looks like?

Malteser Monkey
28-01-2014, 09:54
MM has a good valid point

They don't come often but when they do:D

Yes keep us posted be nice to have a happy closure to this thread

Jacqui
28-01-2014, 10:14
Good morning Lynnangela,
Thank you again for your help..
That was very fast, I was just contacting you to give you a better description, I've been in a bit of a tis since this happened, I can't sleep and I'm not thinking straight.
For example the ring is gold but it's WHITE gold (see what i mean)..
There's no pic available because I had the diamond made then I took it to india and had it set in a ring I designed.. I'm going to try and draw it, take a pic and send it to you but as we've just arrived I've no printer etc.. Not sure where anything is and I'm not to PC savvy..
Just incase that doesn't work I'm adding a more detailed description..
The diamond is laser etched with a serial number (not visible by the human eye) and a Jeweller would see this .. because its not a natural gem it's not of any real value..
Thank you so much for your kindness, I'll get a pic to you if I can..
Better description:
White gold ring containing a small Yellow solitaire diamond (very distinctive against the white gold) the diamond is raised on a platform above the band supported each side by shoulders containing tiny White diamond chips down the length of each side..
If someone saw it they'd recognize it.. Sorry if I've wasted your time with the first description..
Thank you, I owe you one (or two)...

:thanx:, I'll keep a look out.. Like you say you never know..

Jacqui
28-01-2014, 22:25
Will do and thanks..

Hi, Casabonny,
Yes, police have been informed they didn't seem very positive about getting the ring back..
I went into the local Compro Oro shop and asked what they had but they just said they only take jewellery.. There seemed no chance of them showing me their stock.. I'm wondering what they do with what they take in..
Thanks for your reply..

:) Thanks Malteser Monkey for your comments, I have sent a more accurate description on the thread to Lynnangela, I will give the newspaper a try and I'll try to upload a drawing..

9PLUS
29-01-2014, 09:49
A good Digital Arts Designer would be able to make up an exact lifelike image.

You could then use that and circulate it on Social Media (Facebook etc) and maybe offer a reward for information leading to it's return.