PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to get a kitchen in Tenerife?

languagefan
27-01-2014, 17:53
Hi all,
A friend has bought a flat and needs to get her kitchen sorted, but Santana prices are very expensive. Does anybody know a cheaper way to fit an alright kitchen, new or second hand in good condition?
Thanks

9PLUS
27-01-2014, 18:59
Fit it yourself.

Ecky Thump
27-01-2014, 19:06
Fit it yourself.

Scintillating Sarcasasm and Wit.....all in three words.:D

Jabba43
27-01-2014, 19:09
Ikea! The joiners I know back home use the cabinets from them, may as well go the whole hog and get the doors too. I got a price of 3k with electrics recently. Just get white doors, they look the same as any other company.

9PLUS
27-01-2014, 19:09
I is dat good...................dear

Stoney
27-01-2014, 19:15
Go to Ikea, good quality cabinets and get standard sizes and white, then all you have to do is change the doors if you get fed up with it and it looks like a new kitchen. Hardest bit is fitting the worktops if you have the gear its straight forward if not get, best bet is to get someone in to do it.

Jabba43
27-01-2014, 20:34
As for time, man with some tools, say 10-12 euros an hour, depending on size 1-3 days work but you need to plan ahead with electricity points, plumbing so best get a man with tools who can do those jobs too in advance.

9PLUS
28-01-2014, 08:40
No self employed man or company could servive charging 10-12 euros an hour.

Stoney
28-01-2014, 09:11
a guvvy job

Jabba43
28-01-2014, 09:46
No self employed man or company could servive charging 10-12 euros an hour.

I have no trouble finding them, will not be using your services then that is for sure. 7 euros for a smasher, 11 euros for a pro guy. They are just not British.

bulldog
28-01-2014, 13:57
As for time, man with some tools, say 10-12 euros an hour, depending on size 1-3 days work but you need to plan ahead with electricity points, plumbing so best get a man with tools who can do those jobs too in advance.

''pay the peanut get the monkey''

9PLUS
28-01-2014, 14:26
no need to get ****ty but €88 a day for a company ?

you were a spark weren't you ?

No legal company charges €88 a day they would not be able to survive.

Jabba43
28-01-2014, 14:27
"Pay the Brit end up poorer"

Like a who's who from BBC Watchdog - Rogue Traders :) Give me an Eastern European anyday

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

no need to get ****ty but €88 a day for a company ?

you were a spark weren't you ?

No legal company charges €88 a day they would not be able to survive.

Yep, I agree you have to find someone who does not have the overheads.

9PLUS
28-01-2014, 14:35
no overheads by the sounds of it,

All legal self employed have roughly the same amount to pay each month and €10 an hour just does cut it.

I don't promote illegal workers, it's the cancer of Spain.

and to add, there are quite a number of excellent British workers and self employed here so "Pay the Brit end up poorer" is an insult.

bulldog
28-01-2014, 14:47
"Pay the Brit end up poorer"

Like a who's who from BBC Watchdog - Rogue Traders :) Give me an Eastern European anyday

Yep, I agree you have to find someone who does not have the overheads.

I,ve read some of your previous posts you don,t mind asking Brits who might know stuff about construction for help
I,m surprised you don,t post on a Polish forum.

Jabba43
28-01-2014, 15:11
I,ve read some of your previous posts you don,t mind asking Brits who might know stuff about construction for help
I,m surprised you don,t post on a Polish forum.

Have a company in Warsaw already, usually employ Poles if I can.

no overheads by the sounds of it,

All legal self employed have roughly the same amount to pay each month and €10 an hour just does cut it.

I don't promote illegal workers, it's the cancer of Spain.

and to add, there are quite a number of excellent British workers and self employed here so "Pay the Brit end up poorer" is an insult.

Retort to "pay the peanut get the monkey" . My Brit neighbours who have been here 7 years said they would never employ a Brit after many bad experiences. For sure every nationality has its' fair share of users but it is also not fair to rubbish the people who undercut you.

9PLUS
28-01-2014, 15:19
bulldog was in the building trade yeah ?

Retort to "pay the peanut get the monkey" . My Brit neighbours who have been here 7 years said they would never employ a Brit after many bad experiences. For sure every nationality has its' fair share of users but it is also not fair to rubbish the people who undercut you.

good luck with the 11 euros pro guy.

amanda
28-01-2014, 16:29
Their are also lots of qualified canarians, but i guess that's another story