PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Tenerife versus the other Islands. How does it stack up?

clivey
28-01-2014, 18:19
I`ve only ever been to Tenerife or Gran Canaria and prefered tenerife by a mile for many reasons.

The question is How do the Forum members reckon Tenerife stacks up against the other Isles as far as a destination to retire to goes?

I suppose the things that are important would be Housing costs, food costs,quality of life. Infrastructure, amenities community cohesion and all that stuff LOL But I`m genuinely hoping for some more amusing and candid replies.

Oh were not Nudists or Gays . Yet ... LOL and do attend church .

Malteser Monkey
29-01-2014, 10:33
IT seems there's a few old sorts on La Palma

cainaries Belinda :D:cheeky:

kingbaker
29-01-2014, 18:46
And norf Wales!!

Ecky Thump
29-01-2014, 19:00
The isle of Cumbrae takes a bit of beating, a small but friendly community, a car and passenger ferry to the Mainland every 15 minuets, it has a Cathedral, it benefits from the warm breezes from the Sahara...plus many more attractions!:)

kingbaker
29-01-2014, 19:07
The isle of Cumbrae takes a bit of beating, a small but friendly community, a car and passenger ferry to the Mainland every 15 minuets, it has a Cathedral, it benefits from the warm breezes from the Sahara...plus many more attractions!:)

Is that in the United Queendom? Or in the new Republic of Scotland (a new sensible member who'll be appreciated and welcomed, and not theatened, in the EUROZONE) :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
29-01-2014, 19:24
Is that in the United Queendom? Or in the new Republic of Scotland (a new sensible member who'll be appreciated and welcomed, and not theatened, in the EUROZONE) :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

I forgot to mention that it's main town faces due south, so benefits from many hours of sunshine, but still is surrounded by lots of green and lush vegetation, also it's beaches are not man made!:wow:

kingbaker
29-01-2014, 19:29
Well sidestepped ET!!:cheeky::cheeky::crylaughing:

To stay on topic!!

The Reefs the best by far.......Although Dalkey Island returns some fabulous fishing. Pollock to 16lbs and Cod to 10lbs, some Ray, Gurnard, Smooth hound, Spurdog and Bull Huss. Theres also the usual array of smallies like Dogges and Whiting :cheeky::crylaughing

chifleta will probs wet herself when she sees this!! :crylaughing::cheeky:

chifleta
29-01-2014, 21:38
Well sidestepped ET!!:cheeky::cheeky::crylaughing:

To stay on topic!!

The Reefs the best by far.......Although Dalkey Island returns some fabulous fishing. Pollock to 16lbs and Cod to 10lbs, some Ray, Gurnard, Smooth hound, Spurdog and Bull Huss. Theres also the usual array of smallies like Dogges and Whiting :cheeky::crylaughing

chifleta will probs wet herself when she sees this!! :crylaughing::cheeky:

I've had a migraine today and the conversation has totally lost me LOL .... I think Tenerife is the best... but that's only because I haven't been to the other islands (shame on me) except a day coach trip to La Gomera a few years ago ;)

Suej
29-01-2014, 22:03
I've had a migraine today and the conversation has totally lost me LOL .... I think Tenerife is the best... but that's only because I haven't been to the other islands (shame on me) except a day coach trip to La Gomera a few years ago ;)

I don't have a migraine! but like you! totally lost!...humour him!:lol:

slodgedad
29-01-2014, 22:06
Personally, I think Tenerife is the best of the bunch but it all depends on exactly what you're looking for.

I chose Tenerife because it seemed the only one that had everything I might need.

Hepa
29-01-2014, 22:08
All the islands are diverse, it is a matter of individual preference, I like the Meridian Isle where I now live, (El Hierro), however I enjoy visiting the other islands, in my opinion all are special!!

kingbaker
31-01-2014, 13:22
:cheeky::D:lol:
All the islands are diverse, it is a matter of individual preference, I like the Meridian Isle where I now live, (El Hierro), however I enjoy visiting the other islands, in my opinion all are special!!

And there was me thinkin' that youse've all been poisoned off from fumes of the underwater volcano:cheeky::crylaughing::D