PDA

View Full Version : Los abrigos

Mark70
30-01-2014, 15:39
Hello as anyone visited abrigo el known as los abrigo it's a small fishing village and placed in tenerife south about 3 km from aeropuerto sur I would like people's views on it if once visited or even lives there would be better.

kathml
30-01-2014, 17:24
Pleasant little place known for its fish restaurants nice harbour no beach fairly cheap rental properties got a reasonably big expat pop a lot of whom really struggle for money

sundownersvince
30-01-2014, 19:07
A nice beach between Los Abrigos and Lower Golf Del Sur, well it would be nice if it had more sand........

life is short
30-01-2014, 20:42
I have to say that if you’re thinking of living in Los Abrigos then you have to consider quite a few things first.

On the plus side:
Lovely port and restaurants
Not full of tourists

On the minus side:
Windy most days and hence very dusty in your home when you keep the windows open - not very good for those with an allergy!
Beach used as a dog toilet – dog owners blatantly ignore the sign on the beach.
Same with the pavements – used as a dog toilet.
Although shop owners are friendly, in some you are charged one price whilst the locals are charged less!

Last but not least, as a couple who actually live here, we don’t appreciate the sweeping statement that the expats here in Los Abrigos “really struggle for money”. We haven’t found that to be the case, although like anywhere else on the island there are people who find themselves in such a predicament.

rosemary
30-01-2014, 22:52
If you just want peace and quiet and to be on the outskirts of everywhere, then it's for you. It's a lovely place to visit on a warm summer evening for an excellent fish meal. It's a real working fisherman's harbour with a heart and a very Tenerifian community and great restaurants. But that's the extent of it.
There is one main street, an excellent Dentist's practice, a few cafes and a small local supermarket and then it's a long road out, toward El Medano. In the few side streets on the side of the main road which lead down to the harbour,which are always windy BTW, there are lots of new blocks of apartments. On the other side of that one main street is Nada, except scrub and the airport.
I love walking over the headland from GDS and down to the beach and then up to Los Abrigos. But I have never felt like living there. Maybe I am missing a lot?

kathml
31-01-2014, 01:07
Enjoy eating out there either lunch or evening but that's about it living there no way Main Street is one long wind tunnel and apart from round harbour is a motley collection of apartments most of which look rather basic

life is short
31-01-2014, 09:19
Enjoy eating out there either lunch or evening but that's about it living there no way Main Street is one long wind tunnel and apart from round harbour is a motley collection of apartments most of which look rather basic

Another sweeping statement...........you obviously haven't been in any of the apartments! Outside appearance is deceptive.

kathml
31-01-2014, 09:57
Been in enough to know what the majority are like not a lot of luxury