PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best fish and chips in Los Cristianos or Las Americas?

ady mac
30-01-2014, 20:01
whats the best fish and chips in cristianos or americas thanks

primrose
30-01-2014, 20:23
whats the best fish and chips in cristianos or americas thanks

Just got back from Scampi's, the best in Fish and Chips in Tenerife.:hungry:

pearlandfrank
30-01-2014, 20:25
Just got back from Scampi's, the best in Fish and Chips in Tenerife.:hungry:

Got to agree with you

ady mac
30-01-2014, 20:27
where abouts is scampis cheers

JaBBa
30-01-2014, 20:37

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g562820-d2667105-Reviews-Scampis_Tenerife_Fish_and_Chips-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

primrose
30-01-2014, 21:00

Vista Sur, Across the road from Zara there is a path going to the beach,it is about half way down the path.

ady mac
30-01-2014, 21:10
Vista Sur, Across the road from Zara there is a path going to the beach,it is about half way down the path.
is that the path leading from the big new shopping centre cheers

primrose
30-01-2014, 21:22
is that the path leading from the big new shopping centre cheers

If you stand with your back to Zara cross over the road and go straight down the path that leads to the beach, it has an entrance to a car park at the left of it,can't miss Scampi's it has a big sign up.

tfs1
30-01-2014, 21:57
primrose, thanks for the directions - know exactly where you mean.

Will give it a try - fed up with the places (or should that be plaice' s !) that serve up Panga and try and pass it off as cod. Panga is wet and squishy even when well cooked and it's tasteless - in my opinion of course.

Always happy to pay a little more and get some decent grub.

ddoyle
06-02-2014, 15:23
Scampies is by far the best I have ever had on the Island, try their curry sauce with your fish and chips.

BoPeep
06-02-2014, 16:14
Scampis rules!

Newforest
09-01-2016, 22:52
Have to agree with you. Checked it out yesterday for the first time, first class and is now on our regular weekly calendar. Very friendly staff! I promise to finish my meal next week. If you are still looking for the location, it is on PASEO TARAJAL close to the Mediterranean Palace and looking at the Vista Sur C.C.

marbro8
10-01-2016, 00:54
absolutely love cris. a member on the forum years ago. helped me get back on the forum after buggering it up myself. had some good meals at scampi's . glad people are eating there:)

essexeddie
10-01-2016, 13:52
Haven't been to Scampis for years now but may pop back to sample. Normally get our fish n chips at Taylors on the strip. He gets his Cod from Russia. Fridays is best.

delderek
10-01-2016, 17:37
Haven't been to Scampis for years now but may pop back to sample. Normally get our fish n chips at Taylors on the strip. He gets his Cod from Russia. Fridays is best.

That sounds like you have listened to Paul. Now what he really means is, His supplier (probably in Las Chafiras) imports from various sources and some may well come from Russia. I really do love Tenerife stories.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2016, 17:56
El Cine

Pescado con papas arrugadas y mojo :cheeky:

Ecky Thump
10-01-2016, 19:25
El Cine

Pescado con papas arrugadas y mojo :cheeky:

What....No chips!! :D

essexeddie
10-01-2016, 19:47
That sounds like you have listened to Paul. Now what he really means is, His supplier (probably in Las Chafiras) imports from various sources and some may well come from Russia. I really do love Tenerife stories.

Pleased it made you grin.

Ecky Thump
10-01-2016, 20:00

Eddie, is it fresh fish or frozen fillets that they use in Taylor's Lounge?

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2016, 20:19
Seriously you fly 4/5 hours to get fish and chips:nono::doh:

Ecky Thump
10-01-2016, 20:25
Seriously you fly 4/5 hours to get fish and chips:nono::doh:

Not me, but I do know lots of people who live in Tenerife still have fond memories of a plate of fresh fish and chips, smothered in ketchup.......me I'm more of a Scotch pie & chips person...you can't beat a bit of hot mutton fat running down your chin.:D

essexeddie
10-01-2016, 20:38
Eddie, is it fresh fish or frozen fillets that they use in Taylor's Lounge?

Sorry Eric I've no idea. But if it is fresh from Russia, well who knows?
Btw I'm not saying its better than Scampi, its where I go local for it. But will try Scampi again shortly.

Ecky Thump
10-01-2016, 20:47
Sorry Eric I've no idea. But if it is fresh from Russia, well who knows?
Btw I'm not saying its better than Scampi, its where I go local for it. But will try Scampi again shortly.

I'll give the fish & chips a try in April, for all the years that we've been going to Tenerife, we have only popped in to Taylor's once and that was because marbro8 was in there.

Friday's Fish & Chip shop along from the Tenerife Sur apartments didn't survive for very long.....I wonder what went wrong, as people on the forum gave it raving reviews.???

essexeddie
10-01-2016, 21:31
The restaurant in Victoria Two apartments serve up a good fish n chips. Well recommended. Run by a French lady and her British hubby.

tfs1
10-01-2016, 21:41
The restaurant in Victoria Two apartments serve up a good fish n chips. Well recommended. Run by a French lady and her British hubby.

sounds like another dinner date when we are over !!!! - ave u ever ad zee pleasure ?

essexeddie
10-01-2016, 22:05
sounds like another dinner date when we are over !!!! - ave u ever ad zee pleasure ?

Of course you sauceee

marbro8
10-01-2016, 22:12
the starlight bar just down from churchills were the best we have ever had. closed a few years ago now. run by a sister and brother.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I'll give the fish & chips a try in April, for all the years that we've been going to Tenerife, we have only popped in to Taylor's once and that was because marbro8 was in there.

Friday's Fish & Chip shop along from the Tenerife Sur apartments didn't survive for very long.....I wonder what went wrong, as people on the forum gave it raving reviews.???they are still the best around at the moment eric. anywhere were they serve hand cut chips and hand battered fish get my vote. i hate the frozen stuff.

Ecky Thump
10-01-2016, 22:25
the starlight bar just down from churchills were the best we have ever had. closed a few years ago now. run by a sister and brother.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

they are still the best around at the moment eric. anywhere were they serve hand cut chips and hand battered fish get my vote. i hate the frozen stuff.

I think Steve from El Mirador eats at Taylor's almost every evening....you can almost set your watch as he and Jill walk by our apartment......well my cousins apartment. :D

LindaD
10-01-2016, 22:29
I think Steve from El Mirador eats at Taylor's almost every evening....you can almost set your watch as he and Jill walk by our apartment......well my cousins apartment. :D

Thought Steve looked a bit like Simon Cowell - from the back, I might add!!!!:wink:
There's a chip shop across from the Aquamar that looked ok but never went in! Anyone know what it's like?

Malteser Monkey
11-01-2016, 09:29
Not me, but I do know lots of people who live in Tenerife still have fond memories of a plate of fresh fish and chips, smothered in ketchup.......me I'm more of a Scotch pie & chips person...you can't beat a bit of hot mutton fat running down your chin.:D

Ahhh yes but that's different - when I lived there we would often go out at lunchtime and treat our Canarian girlies in the office to fish and chips it was a treat then !

We fell out of a pub at ridiculous hour once when on holiday - OH said let's have fish and chips across the road.

I promptly hailed a taxi and whisked him off to Esta sure. We had lovely tapas there all washed down with a baraquito !

"that's the way to do it " :cheeky:

delderek
11-01-2016, 09:52
is it fresh fish or frozen fillets

Isn't All Cod on the Island frozen? As is most of it in the UK.

Ecky Thump
11-01-2016, 11:31
is it fresh fish or frozen fillets

Isn't All Cod on the Island frozen? As is most of it in the UK.

It's not pre-frozen in the UK if you buy it from a decent local UK chippie who gets supplied by a fish market, we have five good chippies in Largs and all only serve either fresh haddock or cod, plus a couple of fish orientated restaurants that only only serve fresh fish, unfortunetly all our local scampi/langoustine) which is in abundance in the Clyde Estuary) goes off to Spain and supermarkets like Morrisons supply so called fresh prawns from India!!
But be warned, here on the West Coast of Scotland, they deep fry pies and on the East Coast ( LindaD 's territory) they have gone one step too far and fry Mars Bars!! :D

LindaD
12-01-2016, 00:04
It's not pre-frozen in the UK if you buy it from a decent local UK chippie who gets supplied by a fish market, we have five good chippies in Largs and all only serve either fresh haddock or cod, plus a couple of fish orientated restaurants that only only serve fresh fish, unfortunetly all our local scampi/langoustine) which is in abundance in the Clyde Estuary) goes off to Spain and supermarkets like Morrisons supply so called fresh prawns from India!!
But be warned, here on the West Coast of Scotland, they deep fry pies and on the East Coast ( LindaD 's territory) they have gone one step too far and fry Mars Bars!! :D

I think that might be a tad further north Ecky Thump, probably Angusjim will enjoy a deep fried pey, no sure aboot a Mars Bars though, sounds like artery hardening stuff:wink: