PDA

View Full Version : Football Where have all the Manchester United supporters gone?

Ricman
03-02-2014, 16:28
Not that long ago this Forum was awash with Man Utd supporters jumping up & down & giving it full about that club.
If anyone had the temerity to cast a word of criticism they were on your case quickstyle & especially several gobby bints resident here.
But now they have all vanished, as bandstanders always do. Just because a few results have gone wrong.
Why, one of their loyal supporters, & we have the audio. even rang 999 ( yes the emergency service ) to report as a crime the fact that bacon face had gone.
An interesting article yesterday said the Big 3 Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool were ganging up against MCFC.
I for one miss them already.

primrose
03-02-2014, 16:31
Not that long ago this Forum was awash with Man Utd supporters jumping up & down & giving it full about that club.
If anyone had the temerity to cast a word of criticism they were on your case quickstyle & especially several gobby bints resident here.
But now they have all vanished, as bandstanders always do. Just because a few results have gone wrong.
Why, one of their loyal supporters, & we have the audio. even rang 999 ( yes the emergency service ) to report as a crime the fact that bacon face had gone.
An interesting article yesterday said the Big 3 Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool were ganging up against MCFC.
I for one miss them already.

Don't you know they are only Man Ure supporters when they are winning. :devil2:

Suej
03-02-2014, 16:39
Since Fergie left they don't get 10 minutes added on to every game! They also sent the refs to Specsavers!:run:

primrose
03-02-2014, 16:55
Since Fergie left they don't get 10 minutes added on to every game! They also sent the refs to Specsavers!:run:

Forgot all about Fergie Time.:doh:

Tshirt
04-02-2014, 15:57
:tiphat:

I'm a Man Utd fan, have been since 6th Feb 1958, when as a 14 year old I came home from school to the news of the Munich air crash. I didn't even know where Manchester was at the time as I lived on the Worcs/Warks border and you either supported Aston Villa or Wolves. I remember Villa beating United in the Cup Final the year before.

Over the years I've seen lot's of ups and downs, seen some brilliant players, some average players and lots that wouldn't get in our local pub team. The same with managers, and United have had their fair share of dodgy ones until Sir Alex came along.

United's loss of form this season doesn't surprise me, it happens, that's football. If you look at the league table for 57-58 Wolves were top and Preston NE were 2nd. Luton were in the top ten, where are they now. Liverpool dominated during the 70's and 80's but only now are they back where they belong.

Of course football has changed immensely over the years, it used to cost me a shilling to stand behind the goal at Villa Park, I used to go to Old Trafford when you could pay on the turnstiles, now I can't afford to go and anyway I begrudge contributing to the obscene wages that a top player earns these days.

I don't understand why some people hate Man Utd so much, while in Tenerife at Xmas/New Year I watched the United Spurs game in the local bar, sat next to me was a Spurs fan or may be he was just an anti United Fan. He really got up my nose, he wasn't interested in watching a decent game of football, all he could do was abuse United's players, the club and their fans. Hpw can you be a United fan if you don't live in Manchester and never been to Old Trafford he was saying. It turns out he lives in Tenerife so when I asked him how many times he'd been to White hart Lane this season he didn't have an answer. According to him all United players were divers, I had to remind him that the biggest diver of all time, Jurgen Klinsmann, played for Spurs. If I was 30 years younger he'd have got a slap.

It takes all sorts, I'm a United fan but I don't crow about it, they'll be back, it won't be this season but they'll be back. :football:

Malteser Monkey
04-02-2014, 16:13
Manchester who ?:D

kingbaker
04-02-2014, 16:16

Now!!Now!! Suej just because GFG is back, it doesnt mean that you can give grief to the poor traumatised Mancs.:nono::nono::nono:
They're at counselling at the mo, having their self esteem fixed (if they ever had any to begin with):crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Go on you good thing!!:laugh:

golf birdie
04-02-2014, 20:18
seems they built a new band wagon for folk to cling to.

Suej
04-02-2014, 20:48
Now!!Now!! Suej just because GFG is back, it doesnt mean that you can give grief to the poor traumatised Mancs.:nono::nono::nono:
They're at counselling at the mo, having their self esteem fixed (if they ever had any to begin with):crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Go on you good thing!!:laugh:

What's the saying? rattling cages! Oooops!:bricks::football:

Ricman
10-02-2014, 15:10
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Another 723 million loyal supporters gone.

The good thing is that the desperate draw at home against the bottom club gets the 1 point that will prevent relegation this season. And I know all about that.