PDA

View Full Version : Other Why did we come home to the UK?

blondie
04-02-2014, 15:51
Well we arrived back home Friday after another 2 lovely weeks in Tenerife . The weather forecast was not great before we left but as usual we had nothing to worry about other than a bit of cloud at some part of the day but we did find it a lot cooler at night than we usually do or is that us just getting older? When we landed we could not believe the amount of planes at the airport and thought a lot of them must just be parked up but on the Saturday we could not believe the mass of people who were walking about in Los Cristianos. In all the many years we have been coming here I can honestly say that it was the busiest we have ever seen it and that continued for the rest of our holiday, so long may it continue. Looking out at the weather today I thought why did we come home , Tenerife has the best climate in the world, long may that contiue too.

Malteser Monkey
04-02-2014, 16:00
you came home to apprecitae it - now you can book for another 2 weeks asap :D

Glad you had a nice time and to hear it so busy !

Suej
04-02-2014, 19:05
Well we arrived back home Friday after another 2 lovely weeks in Tenerife . The weather forecast was not great before we left but as usual we had nothing to worry about other than a bit of cloud at some part of the day but we did find it a lot cooler at night than we usually do or is that us just getting older? When we landed we could not believe the amount of planes at the airport and thought a lot of them must just be parked up but on the Saturday we could not believe the mass of people who were walking about in Los Cristianos. In all the many years we have been coming here I can honestly say that it was the busiest we have ever seen it and that continued for the rest of our holiday, so long may it continue. Looking out at the weather today I thought why did we come home , Tenerife has the best climate in the world, long may that contiue too.

Thank you blondie! you have just made me appreciate what we have here in Tenerife!:D

9PLUS
04-02-2014, 19:10
For once Tenerife is getting great press reports across Europe.

The USA holiday makers will be Tenerife new client soon.

Suej
04-02-2014, 19:24

Totally agree with that hon!:D

melm
04-02-2014, 19:30
The general opinion of bar owners. shopkeepers etc in Puerto de la Cruz is that it was much busier than the previous few years. I thought they were mainly German.

Now I am back home I wonder why I moaned about a bit of rain and cloud.....although the weather was much more unsettled this year.:sunnycloudy:

warbey
04-02-2014, 19:30

If possible try three Weeks.

The second Week can be savoured, as there is another one to go........

marbro8
04-02-2014, 20:09
For once Tenerife is getting great press reports across Europe.

The USA holiday makers will be Tenerife new client soon.GREAT!!!! they should get on well the the russians:D

SeanC
04-02-2014, 20:33
The USA holiday makers will be Tenerife new client soon.

Really? How come?

Jabba43
04-02-2014, 20:55
Let everyone come. More the merrier as long as they are not a burden and spend money all good.

Malteser Monkey
05-02-2014, 11:43
Let everyone come. More the merrier as long as they are not a burden and spend money all good.

What's wrong with Burdens - they are loaded and speak good English:whistle::D

blondie
05-02-2014, 13:16

If possible try three Weeks.

The second Week can be savoured, as there is another one to go........

Warbey we have been going to come for longer for years but have never had an apartment that would enable us to do that. The usual hoilday company apts. are certainly not designed for comfort and only for 2 wks .ay a push. I f any one out there can help in our quest I would be eternally grateful. As it is we are out 4 times a year for 2 wks and would love to maybe stay longer.

shaun kelly
05-02-2014, 17:53
Warbey we have been going to come for longer for years but have never had an apartment that would enable us to do that. The usual hoilday company apts. are certainly not designed for comfort and only for 2 wks .ay a push. I f any one out there can help in our quest I would be eternally grateful. As it is we are out 4 times a year for 2 wks and would love to maybe stay longer.

Hi , what is it you are looking for in your quest . ?

Janet
05-02-2014, 20:20
Can't wait to move out there in April wish it was now since coming back after Christmas there has been rain everyday I'm sick of it

firebirdbw
06-02-2014, 11:14

Glad you had a nice time and to hear it so busy !

I have just come home after 3 weeks, and I am now finding it difficult to find an apartment to rent for end of Feb beginning of March, anyone got any ideas ?

Malteser Monkey
06-02-2014, 11:30
I have just come home after 3 weeks, and I am now finding it difficult to find an apartment to rent for end of Feb beginning of March, anyone got any ideas ?

you'd be best starting your own thread