PDA

View Full Version : The difference in iPad air prices is amazing

Carolyn56
09-02-2014, 10:04
Hi guys, I'm on holiday here from mainland Spain and cannot believe the difference in prices of the iPad air. I'm staying at the mare nostrum resort and the computer shops around here have it for about 200 euros cheaper than Spain. The shops seem a little seedy with touts trying to entice you in and I'm a little worried about the authenticity of the product. Are they kosher Apple? Has anyone bought one? Thanks in advance. Carolyn

golf birdie
09-02-2014, 10:44
Hi guys, I'm on holiday here from mainland Spain and cannot believe the difference in prices of the iPad air. I'm staying at the mare nostrum resort and the computer shops around here have it for about 200 euros cheaper than Spain. The shops seem a little seedy with touts trying to entice you in and I'm a little worried about the authenticity of the product. Are they kosher Apple? Has anyone bought one? Thanks in advance. Carolyn

laugh at them and walk away. They are the lowest of the lowest. I live here and would only buy from Maya in las Americas or Amazon.

delderek
09-02-2014, 10:49
You are right to be cautious. There is only one company in that area that I would trust. Called Visanta, they have a shop in the underground centre, and another one in the Safari centre. Any of the other shops I would stay away. Even if they are genuine, but by the time they add on the bits that actually should be included, you could well end up paying more

doreen
09-02-2014, 11:59
The VAT rate (IVA) is 21% on the mainland, the equivalent here in the Canaries, IGIC, is 7% (was 5%) ... this difference would not account for a 200 euros cheaper price, so caution is very much advised :)

Suej
09-02-2014, 12:05

Hi Carolyn and welcome to the Forum! If you do get a good deal on an iPad air please post to let us know! it's on my wish list of must have's! I daren't start looking for good prices as I know I will not come away from the shop empty handed!:D I bought an iMac all in one desk top from Media Markt in Santa Cruz and it was cheaper than on Amazon! no where on the Island seemed to be able to match the price! it was on offer for a couple of months but seems to have gone up again last time I looked! Happy hunting!:goodluck:

Just had a look on the Media Markt website and the iPad Air start from 470€ iPad mini from 289€

doreen
09-02-2014, 12:27
Media Markt that Suej mentions are very reputable ... I need a new Mac desktop, so thanks for the heads up :)

Suej
09-02-2014, 13:04
Media Markt that Suej mentions are very reputable ... I need a new Mac desktop, so thanks for the heads up :)

It took me a little while to get used to the Mac system but would never go back to Windows now! have a look at these Doreen! http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/buscar?s=iMac%20computer..... If I can't spend the money at the moment then there's no harm trying to encourage others to splash out!:laugh: Looks like there are still some offers to be had on iMac desktops!:wink2:

Hepa
09-02-2014, 17:05
Beware also, you may have to pay duty on the product, when you return to the Iberian part of Spain.

languagefan
09-02-2014, 17:07
Buy it from Worten chain (currently on sale) in Adeje (pueblo de Adeje) and it I'll be 80 eu cheaper than mainland Spain.

Suej
09-02-2014, 17:14
Link to Worten site..........http://www.worten.es/store/inicio/informatica/ordenadores/tablets.html?cat=1711