PDA

View Full Version : Other What's it like living in Chayofa?

firebirdbw
09-02-2014, 18:31
I am thinking of renting a place in Chayofa, can anyone tell me what it is like, bars restaurants etc

JaBBa
09-02-2014, 18:43
I will be visiting the area next month too,we have family that live there,its a very quiet location with a country club,10-15 mins in a taxi to los cris,the Treehouse bar & grill comes well recommended,certainly a nice place to live....

Suej
09-02-2014, 19:05
I will be visiting the area next month too,we have family that live there,its a very quiet location with a country club,10-15 mins in a taxi to los cris,the Treehouse bar & grill comes well recommended,certainly a nice place to live....

It's one of the greenest villages in the South! I love it! it's mostly very quiet except there are dogs barking quite a bit and sometimes that can be irritating! but I think that would be the same anywhere you live!:)

delderek
09-02-2014, 19:06
Nice little place, but just remember its a few degrees cooler than down in Los Cris, not a problem in the summer, but a bit chilly in the winter.

Suej
09-02-2014, 19:10
Nice little place, but just remember its a few degrees cooler than down in Los Cris, not a problem in the summer, but a bit chilly in the winter.

We never really notice any difference! if it's cold in up here it still feels cold in LC...to us anyway! it's only in the evenings that we might notice a difference! depending on whether the wind is coming off the sea or the mountains! I've been up here in Chayofa 9 years so maybe just don't notice anymore!:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I am thinking of renting a place in Chayofa, can anyone tell me what it is like, bars restaurants etc

Go on Google earth maps - street view you can get all around the village!:tiphat:

delderek
09-02-2014, 19:31
We never really notice any difference! if it's cold in up here it still feels cold in LC...to us anyway! it's only in the evenings that we might notice a difference! depending on whether the wind is coming off the sea or the mountains! I've been up here in Chayofa 9 years so maybe just don't notice anymore!:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Go on Google earth maps - street view you can get all around the village!:tiphat:

Chayofa is about 300mts altitude. Air temperature drops about 1 degrees C per 100 meter. So whether you notice it or not its 3 degrees cooler, As I said in the Summer no problem, in the Winter you will probably need heating in the evening.

Suej
09-02-2014, 19:34
Chayofa is about 300mts altitude. Air temperature drops about 1 degrees C per 100 meter. So whether you notice it or not its 3 degrees cooler, As I said in the Summer no problem, in the Winter you will probably need heating in the evening.
No we don't need heating in the evening! I have put a small fan heater on a few times for an hour or so which we only bought this year as this winter to us feels generally colder! the breeze coming off the sea in Los Cris still can create a chill factor so it's swings and roundabouts!

delderek
09-02-2014, 19:39
Perhaps the mountain is getting taller:bowdown:

Suej
09-02-2014, 19:41
Perhaps the mountain is getting taller:bowdown:

The way the world weather is nothing surprises me anymore!:confused:

JaBBa
09-02-2014, 19:44
Or your both getting....:old: :whistle:

kingbaker
09-02-2014, 20:03
I cant remember...which side of the motorway is Chayofa?? :confused:

Greg
09-02-2014, 21:23
The posh side:tiphat:

firebirdbw
09-02-2014, 23:28
and the bars and restaurants ?

Rodders
10-02-2014, 09:50
and the bars and restaurants ?

There are a couple of bars, the treehouse, which also sells food, and a Columbian bars opposite, that also sells tapas. You can also get a drink and food at the Chayofa country club. We sometimes go up to the next village La Camella, few more bars & restaurants there. You could also try Valle San Lorenzo which is a bit further on.

Red Devil
10-02-2014, 10:01
We visited a few times last autumn, the Treehouse has a nice atmosphere and a good quiz night, definitely a good local. The food at La Finca restaurant opposite the Treehouse was absolutely lovely, we ate there quite a few times and have been back many times since, catching 2 buses to get there!
Also you can pop in the pool bar at Chayofa Country club for a nice brekkie or coffee.
Only downside for me was no local shop for bread, milk etc, just a tiny one opened part time down at the Regency club.
Main shopping can be done at La Camella and decent Mercadona there.