PDA

View Full Version : My touchpad for an HP550 Netbook isn't working properly

Snowdrop
10-02-2014, 18:38
This morning went to use my laptop as usual and the main part of the touch pad is not working. I can scroll up and down and the bottom left and right control pads are working ok. Have I disabled something? Help!

JaBBa
10-02-2014, 18:45
This morning went to use my laptop as usual and the main part of the touch pad is not working. I can scroll up and down and the bottom left and right control pads are working ok. Have I disabled something? Help!

Did you accidently turn off the Touchpad?

The on/off toggle is a FIRM DOUBLE TAP in the very upper left corner of the TouchPad.

Snowdrop
10-02-2014, 19:14
Ive tried that but it still doesnt work. Can you think of anything else I can try :)

JaBBa
10-02-2014, 19:21
Hit the Function key (FN) and then the space bar, the light around the TouchPad will go off/on (so it appears the TouchPad is Off or On).

Snowdrop
10-02-2014, 20:15
Thanks Jabba. I tried that but to no avail. There was no light either way, don't remember ever seeing any light coming from touch pad. :cry:

JaBBa
10-02-2014, 20:22
Is there a Synaptics icon in the system tray,bottom right hand corner,also has there been any updates in any way or changes since this fault happened?

Snowdrop
10-02-2014, 20:34
No icon, but do remember seeing something in system tray this morning when I was struggling to get the computer to work, I think that was something to do with synaptics. Sorry. Im not being very helpful. I pressed it and it went away, didnt think it was important at time, wish I could remember what it said.There was also a problem with my automatic window updates being disabled at the same time which I was trying to rectify.

JaBBa
10-02-2014, 20:50
Lol ok, i gather your using a usb wired mouse for now, try this

Start /control panel /mouse...

Have a look in there & make sure Synaptics Touchpad is enabled & show icon in taskbar...

Snowdrop
10-02-2014, 21:15
Yeah!!!!!!! It was enabled when I looked, so I put the icon on taskbar like you said and right clicked on icon. Checked Tap to touch. Thankyou ever so much for your patience :jumping:

JaBBa
10-02-2014, 21:17
That was nearly my last option,i was going down the drivers route next...lol

Glad your sorted...:thanx: