PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a weekend break in north Tenerife?

slodgedad
11-02-2014, 02:52
OH's 60th this weekend. Originally planned to go to the UK, but as we are both stroke recoverers the weather in Blighty has put me off.

Anyone recommend a nice hotel in Puerto, or thereabouts?

bonitatime
11-02-2014, 07:26
La Quinta park suites

Rodders
11-02-2014, 09:31
OH's 60th this weekend. Originally planned to go to the UK, but as we are both stroke recoverers the weather in Blighty has put me off.

Anyone recommend a nice hotel in Puerto, or thereabouts?

Hotel Botanico, La Paz. Wonderful.

Ecky Thump
11-02-2014, 10:23
The Monopol Hotel used to be our favourite, there is a feeling of being in a more traditional hotel than modern ones, plus it's in a good position for a evening stroll and a drink in one of the local bars or cafés, with the advantage of not being over priced.

It's worth taking a look at its reviews.

Malteser Monkey
11-02-2014, 11:19
Hotel Botanico, La Paz. Wonderful.

Ohh yes stayed there for a weekend break years ago - lovely !

there's always Casa canarybird very warm and cosy place - with a friendly face !

Wherever you end up hope Mrs Slodge has a a lovely day - don't forget her mention on here

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The Monopol Hotel used to be our favourite, there is a feeling of being in a more traditional hotel than modern ones, plus it's in a good position for a evening stroll and a drink in one of the local bars or cafés, with the advantage of not being over priced.

:scotland::scotland::lol:

melm
11-02-2014, 12:39

this would be my recommendation its a lovely hotel in a great position.

We have also stayed in the San Felipe hotel . Its a bit further along the front and a bit more modern. Very nice.

whatever you decide hope you have a lovely time and your OH has a great birthday:wave:

casabonny
11-02-2014, 17:57
[QUOTE=slodgedad;353771]OH's 60th this weekend. Originally planned to go to the UK, but as we are both stroke recoverers the weather in Blighty has put me off.

Anyone recommend a nice hotel in Puerto, or thereabouts?[/QUOTE

Avoid the Aguilas Suites they were awful.We stayed last July .
We looked at the Monopol whilst we were there and must say we were impressed.

bulldog
11-02-2014, 19:13
Monopol,great hotel a bit quirky but great fun ,for a good meal take a taxi up to the Monastery [Monastrario]
its different and good for a special night ,have a good weekend.

uptowngirl
11-02-2014, 21:18
Alan, email me your budget and/or specifications and I will find you a few to choose from. I have 4* half board from 82 euros for one night......................
let me have star rating, area, dates, board basis etc etc
vanessa@tenerifesunshine.com xxxx

ribuck
11-02-2014, 21:34
La Quinta park suites

As a hotel, La Quinta Park suites is great, and there is a wide range of accommodation to choose from ranging from rooms to 2-bed apartments to "bungalows".

But it's a long way from anywhere else. Apart from a few local restaurants, you need to use a car or the bus to get anywhere interesting.

On the other hand, there are plenty of interesting things to do almost outside the door of any hotel in Puerto de la Cruz.

Megaloo
11-02-2014, 22:46
The Beatrice Atlantis used to be the Atlantis but refurbished a couple of years back. But if your budget would go to the Botanical that is lovely

Susief
11-02-2014, 22:53
The Beatrice Atlantis used to be the Atlantis but refurbished a couple of years back. But if your budget would go to the Botanical that is lovely

I'll second the Beatrice Atlantis! Excellent hotel, food good on HB basis. We stayed there 2 years ago and booked it through Alpharooms

bonitatime
12-02-2014, 07:31
As a hotel, La Quinta Park suites is great, and there is a wide range of accommodation to choose from ranging from rooms to 2-bed apartments to "bungalows".

But it's a long way from anywhere else. Apart from a few local restaurants, you need to use a car or the bus to get anywhere interesting.

On the other hand, there are plenty of interesting things to do almost outside the door of any hotel in Puerto de la Cruz.

For an anniversary it has restaurants nearby and a spa onsite which often comes included in the package
Had the OP been talking about a holiday I would have had different reccomendations

lynnangela
12-02-2014, 14:15
Monopol is definitely our favourite hotel in PDLC. Its not a luxury hotel though, so if you are looking for a luxury break it might disappoint, but its a lovely traditional hotel that has been in the same family for 80 years and is in a fabulous position.

If you do decide on the Monopol, ask for a balcony room, you can have a room that overlooks the church square which is lovely to sit on the balcony and watch the comings and goings. The church bell tolls from 7am till 11pm, so bear that in mind. I think you will hear the bell wherever you are in the hotel but obviously at the front it will be louder. It never bothered us though. Travel republic and viva stay both list the Monopol and you can get some great bargains. We have stayed there for less than £20 each in the past, but balcony rooms are more. I think the last time we had a balcony room it was about £60 in total including breakfast

slodgedad
12-02-2014, 20:31
Thanks for all the recommendations. I gave them all to my daughter who has booked us in somewhere. Don't know where yet. It's a surprise.

I'll leave this thread open as it may be of interest to someone else. Thanks again.

Rodders
13-02-2014, 09:15
Thanks for all the recommendations. I gave them all to my daughter who has booked us in somewhere. Don't know where yet. It's a surprise.

I'll leave this thread open as it may be of interest to someone else. Thanks again.

Slodgedad,

Lets us know where you end up staying. End your trip.

Rodders

Ecky Thump
13-02-2014, 10:42
Slodgedad,

Lets us know where you end up staying. "End" your trip.

Rodders

If Slodge tell us where he is staying and we all turn up, then it might just END his trip!!:D

Malteser Monkey
13-02-2014, 17:00
If Slodge tell us where he is staying and we all turn up, then it might just END his trip!!:D

also it's his turn to get the drinks in !

have a great time and a Happy Birthday to the Missus

melm
13-02-2014, 19:53
Surprise! surprise! hope you have a great weekend and your wife has a very happy birthday :cheers2:

Rodders
14-02-2014, 09:37
Slodgedad,

Lets us know where you end up staying. End your trip.

Rodders

That should read "Enjoy your trip"

babybadger
24-02-2014, 17:45
Punta Del Hidalgo

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1078430-d1106614-Reviews-Oceano_Vitality_Hotel_Medical_Spa-Punta_del_Hidalgo_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

Ecky Thump
24-02-2014, 19:34

Have I been asleep and missed something on another thread, or is it a secret about where you went and how it was.....

I have a feeling that as you slept in this morning, that it was a exhausting weekend.:p

LUCKY
24-02-2014, 22:17
have i been asleep and missed something on another thread, or is it a secret about where you went and how it was.....

I have a feeling that as you slept in this morning, that it was a exhausting weekend.:p

here here.!!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
25-02-2014, 10:10
Yes how did it go ?

melm
25-02-2014, 19:53
Yes how did it go ?

:dontknow:

slodgedad
25-02-2014, 20:59
Sorry not to have replied sooner. Was a bit of a disaster, the weather was bad and we were both ill. I'll leave the thread open as it will be of interest to others.

With us both being stroke survivors maybe we should have gone to Butlins..:sorry:

Thanks for all the recommendations though. :bowdown:

Ecky Thump
25-02-2014, 21:02
Sorry not to have replied sooner. Was a bit of a disaster, the weather was bad and we were both ill. I'll leave the thread open as it will be of interest to others.

With us both being stroke survivors maybe we should have gone to Butlins..:sorry:

Thanks for all the recommendations though. :bowdown:

Sorry to hear that Slodge, I hope that you are both on the mend.

Maybe you could book another weekend for your 50th Birthday!:p

slodgedad
25-02-2014, 21:05
Sorry to hear that Slodge, I hope that you are both on the mend.

Maybe you could book another weekend for your 50th Birthday!:p

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaugh ing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylau ghing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
26-02-2014, 11:39
Ahh shame Slodgie - hope you two are feeling better

kingbaker
26-02-2014, 11:58
Me toooo Slodgeie .....sorry to hear that. Get well soon!;)

canarybird
26-02-2014, 12:41
Sorry you had a bad time Slodge.

It was the worst possible weather that weekend and I was feeling sorry for you when I looked out the window and saw how much wind and rain there was.

Megaloo
26-02-2014, 20:34
Me to CB so sorry to hear you had a bad time Slodge the weather in the north was dreadful that Week end.

canarybird
26-02-2014, 21:18
I think the weather was bad over the whole archipelago that weekend, not just in the north.