PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Where can I get a UK iPhone unlocked in Tenerife?

Suej
12-02-2014, 14:48
My friend is shortly due an upgrade and I can have his Apple iphone he is on the orange network in UK. Can I get the phone unlocked here in Tenerife and go on a PAYE sim? I know it's possible with normal mobiles but not sure about smart phones! Any ideas please?:)

Terrynsue
12-02-2014, 18:34
Nip into A1 computers in San Euginio above Mercadonna:sunshine:

Arona1
12-02-2014, 18:39
The kiosk in Gran Sur I found to be the cheapest,

Ecky Thump
12-02-2014, 18:45

The kiosk in Gran Sur I found to be the cheapest,

Out of interest how much do they charge to unlock a iphone?

I paid £35 here in Scotland.

Arona1
12-02-2014, 18:49
Out of interest how much do they charge to unlock a iphone?

I paid £35 here in Scotland.

Honestly cant remember, but I think it was around €20, could be wrong though

warbey
12-02-2014, 21:08
why not ask Slodgey. I'm sure He does that sort of thing. You might even get a Forum Discount....:flatcap::flatcap:

Suej
12-02-2014, 21:11

Yes Thanks! I know the guy in there but forgot about him! :wave:

slodgedad
12-02-2014, 21:12
why not ask Slodgey. I'm sure He does that sort of thing. You might even get a Forum Discount....:flatcap::flatcap:

Check my signature. It's my son's business.

Suej
12-02-2014, 21:13
Check my signature. It's my son's business.

Thanks Slodge! Will he know if I can get a PAYG Sim for an Aplle iPhone?

slodgedad
12-02-2014, 21:19
As far as I know you can get PAYG for any phone.

Megaloo
13-02-2014, 00:40
Yes you can I have a hits PAYG

seal420
13-02-2014, 09:58
Just had an unused iPhone unlocked at A1 Computers so could use PAYG, was 15 euros

Suej
13-02-2014, 12:53
Just had an unused iPhone unlocked at A1 Computers so could use PAYG, was 15 euros

Have you checked on what PAYG costs are yet seal?! would be interested to know what sim you get! Am I right in thinking that the sim in an Apple iphone is the nano size?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes you can I have a hits PAYG

Thanks Megaloo I looked at Hits on the internet! don't understand much about it though! I would like to keep the number I have now! do you know if you can do this with Hits? As you can tell I'm using the internet to research my options saves my plates of meat!!! :laugh::thanx:

Anyone got A1 computers number please I can't remember the guys name either!rolleyes2:

seal420
13-02-2014, 13:12
It was an IPhone 3G so used standard sized sim and the PAYG is with Lebara

Suej
13-02-2014, 13:25
It was an IPhone 3G so used standard sized sim and the PAYG is with Lebara
I'm with lebara now so that would be ideal for me! what are the costs of running the phone any other info would really help! Thanks for your quick reply! :D

seal420
13-02-2014, 13:57
I think it is about 1 or 2 cents a minute, plus set up charge per call which again I think is about 25 cents. One downside I did find was that unless you top up every 4 months or so, it will be ceased. I was back home and wanted to check if I was nearing that deadline. Spoke to a contact centre in London and the assistant was the most helpful person I have ever come across. She was from Gran Canaria and spoke brilliant English. Another plus, you can get the balance in English and at no charge. You can now top up in the UK or by registering online

Suej
13-02-2014, 14:04
I think it is about 1 or 2 cents a minute, plus set up charge per call which again I think is about 25 cents. One downside I did find was that unless you top up every 4 months or so, it will be ceased. I was back home and wanted to check if I was nearing that deadline. Spoke to a contact centre in London and the assistant was the most helpful person I have ever come across. She was from Gran Canaria and spoke brilliant English. Another plus, you can get the balance in English and at no charge. You can now top up in the UK or by registering online

I really wanted to know the internet charges seal! I am with Lebara here in Tenerife already and top up via my internet banking! but I will be changing from a normal mobile phone to an iphone so wanted to find out approx how much it would cost per month.:)

seal420
13-02-2014, 14:15
Ah, sorry, cannot help as don't use it for internet

Suej
13-02-2014, 14:41
Is the guy's name at A1 computers Santosh? that name just popped into my head! I have the phone number now!:)

JaBBa
13-02-2014, 15:58
I really wanted to know the internet charges seal! I am with Lebara here in Tenerife already and top up via my internet banking! but I will be changing from a normal mobile phone to an iphone so wanted to find out approx how much it would cost per month.:)

Hi Sue,

You could always switch your data carrier off so it just uses wifi hotspots, then you won't go over your tariff...

Suej
13-02-2014, 16:35
Hi Sue,

You could always switch your data carrier off so it just uses wifi hotspots, then you won't go over your tariff...

Thanks Jabba! I have no idea how iphones work! it's all new to me! Gawd help you if I get this phone from my friend!:crylaughing: to be honest I don't have a real need for an iphone! it's a bit of a extravagance so would like to keep the running costs to a minimum!:D

JaBBa
13-02-2014, 16:38
Gawd help you if I get this phone from my friend!

No worries giz a shout will show you how to set it up...

Suej
13-02-2014, 17:34
No worries giz a shout will show you how to set it up...

Thanks so much hon! I will not get the phone until mid April! I'm looking on line at the iphone5 but they are pretty expensive! I just have to keep my index finger away from the section that says "Add to basket" :crylaughing:

JaBBa
13-02-2014, 17:45
Thanks so much hon! I will not get the phone until mid April! I'm looking on line at the iphone5 but they are pretty expensive! I just have to keep my index finger away from the section that says "Add to basket" :crylaughing:

No worries, i don't rate them myself,think apple are a con,instead of just updating the software they bring a new phone out which becomes expensive,HTC or a Nokia Lumia phone for me...

Suej
13-02-2014, 17:51
I have a Nokia (normal) phone and I just don't feel Nokia are as good as they used to be! I did try a friends Samsung smart phone but hated it! the iPhone I found so user friendly and will be compatible with my iMac which I really do love! I'm going to have a quick look at the HTC online right now! :jumping:

Malteser Monkey
13-02-2014, 18:09
Thanks Jabba! I have no idea how iphones work! it's all new to me! Gawd help you if I get this phone from my friend!:crylaughing: to be honest I don't have a real need for an iphone! it's a bit of a extravagance so would like to keep the running costs to a minimum!:D

Woh woh woh sweet child....an' all that !

hands off he's mine !:D:twak:

JaBBa
13-02-2014, 18:16

There's plenty of me to go round...:D

Suej
13-02-2014, 19:27

You said we were mates and you would share him!:cry::surrender:

Blimey JaBBa there are loads of those HTC phones I wouldn't know which was would be best!:wow:

JaBBa
13-02-2014, 19:59
Blimey JaBBa there are loads of those HTC phones I wouldn't know which was would be best!:wow:

Windows 8x covers what I think you may need, but heres a link describing each model

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/

Megaloo
13-02-2014, 22:12
Sorry Suej been out today yes you can keep your number if you change to hits. I kept mine when I changed from Vodaphone . At the moment I have 1mg a month for about 9 euros but there are packages

Suej
13-02-2014, 22:14
Thanks Megaloo! that's helpful getting comparisons!:D

Windows 8x covers what I think you may need, but heres a link describing each model

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/

Hmmm not sure about windows JaBBa! I'll take a look at the link! Thanks again Hon! you're a star!:c2:

Susief
14-02-2014, 09:26
Thanks Megaloo! that's helpful getting comparisons!:D

Hmmm not sure about windows JaBBa! I'll take a look at the link! Thanks again Hon! you're a star!:c2:

Stick with the iPhone, you'll never look back, especially if you have a mac.
I treated myself to a new iPhone 5s last month and it is so good. Does lots of things and very fast and responsive.
People I know that have changed to Samsung or HTC have regretted it and couldn't wait to go back to an iPhone.

Suej
14-02-2014, 09:58
Stick with the iPhone, you'll never look back, especially if you have a mac.
I treated myself to a new iPhone 5s last month and it is so good. Does lots of things and very fast and responsive.
People I know that have changed to Samsung or HTC have regretted it and couldn't wait to go back to an iPhone.

Thanks Susie! I am hoping to be able to buy my friends iphone when he gets his upgrade...not until April though!:( I did also think that because I have a Mac and don't use windows although it is installed on the Mac the iphone would be best for me! I have tinkered around with one and was very impressed!:)

Susief
14-02-2014, 10:22
Thanks Susie! I am hoping to be able to buy my friends iphone when he gets his upgrade...not until April though!:( I did also think that because I have a Mac and don't use windows although it is installed on the Mac the iphone would be best for me! I have tinkered around with one and was very impressed!:)

You wouldn't look back if you did. What iPhone is it?

Suej
14-02-2014, 10:48
You wouldn't look back if you did. What iPhone is it?

I would think it would be an iphone 4 Susie but I'm not sure! it would be coming up 18 months to two years old now as he's due an upgrade so it wouldn't be an iphone 5 would it?! the phone is like brand new he's fastidious about marks or scratches and keeps it in a lovely leather case! I'm going to email him in a minute to get all the info about it! so I'll let you know!:wave:

Susief
14-02-2014, 11:15
I would think it would be an iphone 4 Susie but I'm not sure! it would be coming up 18 months to two years old now as he's due an upgrade so it wouldn't be an iphone 5 would it?! the phone is like brand new he's fastidious about marks or scratches and keeps it in a lovely leather case! I'm going to email him in a minute to get all the info about it! so I'll let you know!:wave:

It more than likely be a 4s. When I upgraded my 4 my hubby got mine and he loves it, he had the 3G.

Suej
14-02-2014, 12:21
It more than likely be a 4s. When I upgraded my 4 my hubby got mine and he loves it, he had the 3G.

Hi Susie! he got one of the first iphone 5's it's 3G and 16GB he reckons for what I would use my phone for I wouldn't need any more than that! so even better than I thought!:heyhey:

Malteser Monkey
14-02-2014, 12:41

Don't tell everyone !

You said we were mates and you would share him!:cry::surrender:

Go on then

Morning

Suej
14-02-2014, 14:44
Don't tell everyone !

Go on then

Morning

Afternoon Hon! I have been a busy bee between housework and looking at the iphones online! JaBBa once again is right! don't you just love a smartar**! :lol: the HTC 1 is coming out top in all the reviews! the price of the Apple iPhone only loses it's ratings because of the price!:hello: