PDA

View Full Version : Expat who lives regularly in Balcon del Mar, Costa del Siencio.

Jocktenerife
12-02-2014, 14:50
Hello everyone @ the forum.
I have lived on & off in Tenerife on average 6 months annually over the last 25 or so years.
Unfortunately over the last few months I have been diagnosed with chronic emphysemia whereby I am now totally dependent upon daily oxygen bottle intake.
My doctor has furnished me in the uk prior to my march departure back to Tenerife with adequate cover for health assistance upon my arrival.
I would really appreciate if any helpful expat on this forum could advise me of the best possible means of care & oxygen availability & if there is any associated cost?
This would go a long way tp alleviate my concerns before departure once again to the beautiful isle.
I hope & trust this meets with you all in the best of health.
Best wishes
John Maxwell

karinagal
12-02-2014, 22:35
Welcome to the forum! I'm not in a position to offer you any advice but a gentle 'bump' to your question will hopefully bring a response. Good luck!

lapalma
12-02-2014, 23:22
Hi John,

Iam very interested in your post as I suffer from a form of lung disease and I to need oxygen every day.Sadly I have been trying my GP to get a fit to fly certificate to fly back to Tenerife but he will not allow it.I have looked into getting a supply of oxygen in Tenerife but sadly I would have to pay for it.I would be interested in what your GP is giving you as cover during your stay,the only thing I could get was 3 months supply of my pills,inhalers etc .Anyway all the best for your coming trip.

Hello everyone @ the forum.
I have lived on & off in Tenerife on average 6 months annually over the last 25 or so years.
Unfortunately over the last few months I have been diagnosed with chronic emphysemia whereby I am now totally dependent upon daily oxygen bottle intake.
My doctor has furnished me in the uk prior to my march departure back to Tenerife with adequate cover for health assistance upon my arrival.
I would really appreciate if any helpful expat on this forum could advise me of the best possible means of care & oxygen availability & if there is any associated cost?
This would go a long way tp alleviate my concerns before departure once again to the beautiful isle.
I hope & trust this meets with you all in the best of health.
Best wishes
John Maxwell

slodgedad
12-02-2014, 23:34
Hi, and :welcome: to the Forum.