PDA

View Full Version : Football Sir Tom Finney... R.I.P.

AL JAY
14-02-2014, 22:51
Sad news indeed,Passed away today aged 91 a true gentleman and a credit to Preston North End & England ...R.I.P Tom

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/england-and-preston-legend-sir-tom-finney-dies_sto4136665/story.shtml

primrose
14-02-2014, 23:43
Watched him play many times and met him a few times he was indeed a gentleman and a great footballer. RIP.

Tdm
15-02-2014, 11:30
Seen Tom play when I was a youngster (and Stanley Mathews), and was a supporter of Preston North End in the 70's going to Deepdale every Saturday to watch North End play. At the time Alan Ball Senior was Preston's manager and there was no such thing as all seater stadiums.

Ricman
15-02-2014, 15:51
Sad news indeed. The best ever English footballer by a country mile said Bill Shankly. Also a true gentleman who never sought the limelight. R.I.P.

sweeney
05-08-2016, 06:54
Bad to know it. England's all-time leading goalscorer Bobby Charlton once said of him: "Sir Tom Finney was one of the greatest footballers there has been; he was the type of gamer we would vacation far to look at."He's a great man and also has offered a great deal to rugby, especially in the Preston region. They like him there."