PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get UK channels in Tenerife now?

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 17:25
we are moving to a new complex in April and I hear they have lost most of their UK Tv channels. We have agreed to buy a tv from the Landlord in the bedroom which connects to the internet but he tells me the one in the lounge doesn't have internet connection. Will it help if I bring a satellite box? Or can anybody offer any other advice? I love the soaps etc and would be pretty annoyed if I couldn't get them or would I be better looking for another apt.::ashamed:

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 17:43
we are moving to a new complex in April and I hear they have lost most of their UK Tv channels. We have agreed to buy a tv from the Landlord in the bedroom which connects to the internet but he tells me the one in the lounge doesn't have internet connection. Will it help if I bring a satellite box? Or can anybody offer any other advice? I love the soaps etc and would be pretty annoyed if I couldn't get them or would I be better looking for another apt.::ashamed:

Hi,

Can always ask your landlord if the complex has its own communal satellite.
IPTV boxs need at least 3-5meg download speed for a stable picture, forget it if your using wi-fi.
Other option is installing your own satellite,its hit n miss at the moment on satellite signals so i would hold fire for the time being...

Have a read of my thread about whats going on atm....

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?32493-Astra-2E-shuts-out-Spanish-territories

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 17:53
Thankyou very much I believe the complex has a five metre dish. :dontknow:

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 18:11
Thankyou very much I believe the complex has a five metre dish. :dontknow:

Might be worth asking, if the complex owners to see if they are looking into improving there system...

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 18:30
Thankyou :doh:

megsdad
15-02-2014, 18:52
for gods sake stay clear of EUROPA NETWORK ,
the worst customer service ever very poor signals constantly hangs up and no technician on the island.

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 18:56
for gods sake stay clear of EUROPA NETWORK ,
the worst customer service ever very poor signals constantly hangs up and no technician on the island.

Are Europa not based on tenerife mate,i will do some research only seen them mentioned a couple of times...

megsdad
15-02-2014, 19:03
i was unfortunate to be conned into their system which in 15 months has gone up by 20%,, based in mainland spain and a telephone customer service who take pleasure at laughing at tenerife clients, and i´m not the only one

marbro8
15-02-2014, 19:15
we are moving to a new complex in April and I hear they have lost most of their UK Tv channels. We have agreed to buy a tv from the Landlord in the bedroom which connects to the internet but he tells me the one in the lounge doesn't have internet connection. Will it help if I bring a satellite box? Or can anybody offer any other advice? I love the soaps etc and would be pretty annoyed if I couldn't get them or would I be better looking for another apt.::ashamed:could you not run the internet connection through the wall into the lounge and run both tv's off the same connection?:dontknow:

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 19:35
Thankyou for your replies, I don't think we would be allowed to run it through the wall...��

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 19:38
Could also look into homeplugs....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

delderek
15-02-2014, 19:58
But if it is a 5mt dish, surely you don't need the internet. you may even get the News from Mars:dontknow:

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 20:24
But if it is a 5mt dish, surely you don't need the internet. you may even get the News from Mars:dontknow:

Lol you would think that,but until 2E settles down you might need a bigger dish again...

marbro8
15-02-2014, 20:27
Lol you would think that,but until 2E settles down you might need a bigger dish again...they may as well build a dish that everyone can live in:lol:

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 20:30
:hello: once again thankyou. Maybe the complex El Rincon will have sorted their dish out when we get back, if not you have given me a few ideas. You are all really helpful...

JaBBa
15-02-2014, 20:49
they may as well build a dish that everyone can live in:lol:

Ive read that somewhere in Arona a complex has installed a 10m dish at a cost of 48,000 :wow:

warbey
15-02-2014, 21:02
Thankyou for your replies, I don't think we would be allowed to run it through the wall...��

If it's Your Apartment why ask if You can drill a Hole....?

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 21:10
It is on a long let..��

delderek
15-02-2014, 21:47
It is on a long let..��

Not a problem. You can buy a wireless device called a Video sender. It will send the signal from one set to the other. About 50 quid for a decent one.

KlaraEdmund
15-02-2014, 21:50
thanx DelDerek.......!

golf birdie
16-02-2014, 12:17
if you have decent internet get a xbmc tv box. I also have unotelly on my xbmc and laptop so I can watch catch up and iplayer. When she watches the soaps I just use the laptop.

KlaraEdmund
16-02-2014, 12:43
Thanks lots of alternatives. We had itv back on Dinastia this morning. Caught up on Emmer...��

Suej
16-02-2014, 13:25

I use Power adapters (Extenders) they convert the power socket into ADSL so you can take them with you when you leave! they work a treat and think you can buy them quite cheaply here! around 30-40€! Wortens or the shop next to Afortunadas DIY store in Las Chafiras sell them:wink2:

KlaraEdmund
16-02-2014, 14:13
Wish I had the knowledge you all have thanx Suej��������

Suej
16-02-2014, 14:30

AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit
TL-PA4010PKIT
Highlights:

Data transmission rates up to 500Mbps over electrical wires, ideal for HD video streaming
Integrated power socket making sure that no power outlet is going to waste
Plug and play design and easy encryption on a push of pair button
Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%

5305 This is what they look like! the power socket is still useable with this type!

JaBBa
16-02-2014, 14:33

We are all here to help Klara....;)

Suej
16-02-2014, 14:35
We are all here to help Klara....;)

Some of us need a little more help than others eh JaBBa!!!:laugh:

Not meaning you Klara! when you look through the threads you will see how much trouble we get in with our computers and JaBBa has to help us out! He speaks and understands "Blonde" very well!:hello:

JaBBa
16-02-2014, 14:38

Not meaning you Klara! when you look through the threads you will see how much trouble we get in with our computers and JaBBa has to help us out! He speaks and understands "Blonde" very well!:hello:

I wonder who you mean....:whistle:

KlaraEdmund
16-02-2014, 14:49
i never expected so much information and help. Obviously we are moving to a place with nice people. When the Landlord told me there was no internet on the lounge TV I envisaged having to buy a new smart Tv. We have already bought the one in the bedroom off him along with something else. So I am quite relieved I won't have to sit in the bedroom to watch stuff. Thanx again..xx������������������

Suej
16-02-2014, 15:07
i never expected so much information and help. Obviously we are moving to a place with nice people. When the Landlord told me there was no internet on the lounge TV I envisaged having to buy a new smart Tv. We have already bought the one in the bedroom off him along with something else. So I am quite relieved I won't have to sit in the bedroom to watch stuff. Thanx again..xx������������������

You would still need an ADSL connection in the lounge for a smart TV anyway Klara! no need to go to that expense!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder who you mean....:whistle:

She's very fond of peanuts!:wink2:

JaBBa
16-02-2014, 15:35
She's very fond of peanuts!:wink2:

Really....lol

KlaraEdmund
16-02-2014, 18:27
Apparently we have got an adsl connection because it's 45 euros a month. I don't know if it's wifi or what? I always seem to be asking the landlord questions so I will just wait n see.. :crylaughing:

[COLOR="silver"]- - - - - - - - - - merged

kingbaker
16-02-2014, 19:49

Must be the only one who does!!:lol:;):cheeky:

kez1000
16-02-2014, 23:49
You could by an AV plug which will port the Ethernet signals through your electric wall sockets. These are taking off more and more as people want wired solutions for things like smarttv's - they generally need to go direct into the wall socket, not so great on extensions.