PDA

View Full Version : Hola! Well, That's About 10% of My Spanish Vocab Used Up!

FerretFodder
18-02-2014, 13:55
Hola! I stumbled across this forum over lunch while planning our forthcoming break on Tenerife. My initial impression is that there is a wealth of information to help a holiday go more smoothly, so my thanks in advance to all contributors.
We have been fairly regular visitors to Tenerife for at least 7yrs, usually spending a fortnight around Easter on the island. We were members of Club la Costa but baled out at the end of 2013, transferring into RCI (out of the frying pan...) So, after the years at Paradise or Sunningdale Village, we are suddenly stepping into the great unknown - oooer! Time to gen up some more on what Tenerife has to offer and try something different.
2014 sees us venturing to the Los Claveles resort in Los Cristianos and then to the Royal Tenerife Country Club on the Golf del Sur. That means looking into new places to eat.
To further complicate things, at the end of last year my wife was diagnosed as being a coeliac (no, not one of those fish everyone thought had died out with the dinosaurs!) This means she must have a gluten free diet. Any traces of gluten in her food and drink will make her unpleasantly ill. Not good when you're trying to dine out on holiday!
Needless to say, I have been busily searching the glorious interweb to get a better idea of where best to eat out, so the reviews on these forum pages will, I hope, be of great help. Naturally, I aim to repay the efforts of the community and report back on our (mis)adventures.
Gracias,
FerretFodder

Malteser Monkey
18-02-2014, 14:26
Welcome from me hope you have a great time on holiday !:welcome:

Our Member Lucky is well in with the ferets
LUCKY this could be a future friend for you :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

FerretFodder
18-02-2014, 14:46
Ha! Ha! Thanks Malteser Monkey. :thanx:
You just need to add another four ferret images! :) Not a standard smiley, but well worth keeping for future use I think.
FF

LUCKY
18-02-2014, 16:12
Ha! Ha! Thanks Malteser Monkey. :thanx:
You just need to add another four ferret images! :) Not a standard smiley, but well worth keeping for future use I think.
FF

AH AH HI FerretFodder :welcome: to the Forum When you get to GDS be sure to look up a very good friend of mine lynnangela She is a valued member of the forum. When are you visiting GDS ? i maybe there if you fancy a drink at happy hour.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:
PS anybody know what the weather is like at the moment in Lower GDS

warbey
18-02-2014, 19:01
AH AH HI FerretFodder :welcome: to the Forum When you get to GDS be sure to look up a very good friend of mine lynnangela She is a valued member of the forum. When are you visiting GDS ? i maybe there if you fancy a drink at happy hour.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:
PS anybody know what the weather is like at the moment in Lower GDS

19 when I looked Mate..... and......Ferret free..............

FerretFodder
18-02-2014, 20:15

Hi Lucky, thanks for the warm welcome. We hit the Golf del Sur at Easter weekend for the week. Be careful what you ask: my better half can talk ferrets for hours! :snore:

9PLUS
18-02-2014, 21:02
About? what is the exact number of words you know in Spanish ?

Ecky Thump
18-02-2014, 21:41

I would hazard a guess at a number between eight and twelve.:lol:

9PLUS
18-02-2014, 21:47
I would hazard a guess at a number between eight and twelve.:lol:

yeah about

Ecky Thump
18-02-2014, 21:50
yeah about

Approximately.......is a better word!:D

9PLUS
18-02-2014, 22:22
Tell that to the OP

FerretFodder
19-02-2014, 08:46
Exact? 9.99999935632.
Hasta la vista, baby!
:)

Malteser Monkey
19-02-2014, 10:34
Exact? 9.99999935632.
Hasta la vista, baby!
:)

there's another tres !

is that 9.999999935632 reocurring:cheeky:

firebirdbw
19-02-2014, 10:40
I usually say I habla pequito comprende nada !

Malteser Monkey
19-02-2014, 10:48
I usually say I habla pequito comprende nada !

I hope you don't mind me correcting you but and other members please correct me if I'm wrong

Hablo poquito

FerretFodder
19-02-2014, 14:07
Looks as though we should be heading over to the Learn Spanish thread amigos! :cheeky: