PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone watching the Winter Olympics?

marbro8
23-02-2014, 00:22
is anyone watching the winter olympics? we have done really well up to yet with lizzy yarnold and jenny jones and the curling squads, we are not a nation of winter olympion's but well done to the people who have competed, they have done britain proud:c2:

Ecky Thump
23-02-2014, 00:40
is anyone watching the winter olympics? we have done really well up to yet with lizzy yarnold and jenny jones and the curling squads, we are not a nation of winter olympion's but well done to the people who have competed, they have done britain proud:c2:

If Jockland gets it's independence (which I hope doesn't happen) then team GB won't even have a curling team!:cheeky:

marbro8
23-02-2014, 00:44
If Jockland gets it's independence (which I hope doesn't happen) then team GB won't even have a curling team!:cheeky:i was actually going to comment on that but refrained:scotland::D

canarybird
23-02-2014, 01:01
Yes I've been watching my fellow Canadians, both women and men do very well in both hockey and curling.

That game where the girls won over USA in hockey during the last minutes of the game was so exciting my cats gave up trying to sit quietly on my lap as I was jumping up and down in my seat trying to help them get that last goal!

Yes and tomorrow it's Canada vs Sweden in men's hockey playing for the gold! I'll be watching for sure.

marbro8
23-02-2014, 01:07
Yes I've been watching my fellow Canadians, both women and men do very well in both hockey and curling.

That game where the girls won over USA in hockey during the last minutes of the game was so exciting my cats gave up trying to sit quietly on my lap as I was jumping up and down in my seat trying to help them get that last goal!

Yes and tomorrow it's Canada vs Sweden in men's hockey playing for the gold! I'll be watching for sure.oh yes i will be watching that;) i love it when canada beat the usa, well at the end of the day we have more in common with canada than the yanks;):D

kingbaker
23-02-2014, 01:16
Absolutely not......under any circumstances.

primrose
23-02-2014, 11:12
I have loved every minute of it especially the Speed Skating, just a pity about some of the suspect judging.

marbro8
23-02-2014, 12:02
I have loved every minute of it especially the Speed Skating, just a pity about some of the suspect judging.a bit like the eurovision song contest:lol:

Malteser Monkey
23-02-2014, 14:39
If Jockland gets it's independence (which I hope doesn't happen) then team GB won't even have a curling team!:cheeky:

Ahhh you don't want to leave us do you -:cheeky:

and you are right Ecky:ashamed:

canarybird
23-02-2014, 16:23
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-nDxCXQs/0/XL/Winners-XL.jpg

Ed3229
23-02-2014, 17:32
Loved the 4 man bobsled description from the commentator......"Imagine four 17 stone men running across your balcony and jumping in your bath at the same time".

Ed

trevorife2
23-02-2014, 19:46
I only switched on for the jamaican bobsled team .... I wanted to see if they kissed a lucky egg ... ( if you have watched cool runnings you will know what i mean

primrose
23-02-2014, 20:08
Enjoyed the Closing Ceremony, loved the music and fantastic fireworks,watched closing ceremony on TV and watched Tenerife win 3-1 on Comp,great day's sport.:jumping::jumping:

marbro8
23-02-2014, 20:09
yep and i won £50 on em:lol:

primrose
23-02-2014, 20:28
yep and i won £50 on em:lol:

Are we sharing.:woo: