PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 1 bed apartment on a complex for next winter December 2014 to March 2015

Jeff
23-02-2014, 14:35
Hello all,

We are looking at renting a 1 bed flat on a quiet, well appointed complex for 4 months next winter. First time staying long term and it is a practice retirement for us.

Can any one advise on agents or owners, budgets, legal, or anything which you may think may help someone making the transition from weekly tourist to snow birding.

If there is an existing relevant thread I should see, please advise, although I did search a bit.

Most best,
Jeff

trudih
23-02-2014, 23:00
Hi Jeff, we have used Tenerife Island rentals twice now for long term lets and cannot recommened them highly enough.

Jeff
23-02-2014, 23:41
Thankyou very much. I'll take a look. So much to learn.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff
10-03-2014, 15:54
We have contacted TIR and received a reply asking us to contact them 6-8 weeks before we travel. I have concerns that we will not be able to find something suitable within that time frame and would prefer to have our digs sorted much sooner.

As we are first timers on the long term rental (4 months) scene, is this normal or good advice?

trudih
10-03-2014, 18:27
I know it sounds a little scary we were the same the first time we did a long term rental. We came over about three months before we wanted the accommodation but it was far too early as anything that was available would not be held for 3 months. We have just purchased a 2 bed that we are starting to renovate and are planning on doing long lets but not sure about dates yet but will keep you posted. Trudi

Jeff
10-03-2014, 18:40
Cheers, Trudih.

Good to know.