PDA

View Full Version : Other Latest photos of Callao Beach improvements

TenerifeTeddy
30-05-2011, 22:39
I took these photos from the back of the beach the other day, gives a different perspective than looking down from near the Atlantic Hotel

sunspot
30-05-2011, 22:41
Coming along nicely,cant get over the amount of sand they have made

bonitatime
31-05-2011, 07:00
Can I use these for a facebook page please. I would link back here and thanks you TT naming the shop

TenerifeTeddy
31-05-2011, 08:33
Can I use these for a facebook page please. I would link back here and thanks you TT naming the shop

Yes of course, you are welcome. Thank you for asking:)

TenerifeTeddy
12-06-2011, 17:40
Here are my latest pictures of the Play Park being built in Callao Salvaje326327328329330

TenerifeTeddy
12-06-2011, 20:22
Latest Pictures of Callao Beach improvements taken today

legrandebier
09-07-2011, 22:18
Hey all, i'm due over on the 29th of this month and cant wait to see the new developements. My family and I appreciate the photos already shown (we can see our apartment in them thanks). Has anyone got any updates on the schedule for the beach or playground please?

TenerifeTeddy
09-07-2011, 23:16
I took some more photos last week, but they didnt look too much different from the last lot I posted, so I didnīt put them on.

When the work started last December, they announced phase one was planned to be finished in July. Before that they said phase one would take a year, but that was later reduced to half that time, as they wanted it ready for this summer.

Well we are in July now, and a lot of the structures have been done, but the jetty part hasnīt been touched yet, and of course the sand is still in huge piles, so I think we are still quite a long way from completion. However the workmen are still beavering away, so it looks like it will get completed later in the year.

The playground has been tarmacked and trees planted, It looks like all that is left there to do is put the play equipment in.

legrandebier
09-07-2011, 23:22
Ah well, thanks for letting us know. Still cant wait to come over but looks like sunbathing on the new beach will have to wait until our next trip in October.

Dan747
13-07-2011, 01:09
I always thought the July estimate was going to be pushing it, although to be fair they have done a decent job, I went and looked at the progress when I was over 2 weeks ago and they have certainly been busy since I last saw it in March!

Fingers crossed when it's all done, all those people who queue at the bus stop of a morning to head out of Callao will begin to flock down to the beach, which will hopefully also mean increased business for the bars and restaurants etc along the front.

HarryH
21-07-2011, 00:13
Progress on the beach is continuing well, but the completion date is looking dodgy. Our community president has been advised by somebody at the ayuntamiento that the replacement of the jetty is stage three and there is no money for that at the moment. Stage two will be a path connecting Callao Salvaje and Playa Paraiso and he has not heard when that is planned for. Worryingly an article about CS in Island Connections this week is talking about the beach being completed in October. Now does that mean just the beach and the kiosk etc, or does it include stages two and three? Who knows?

MICH
21-07-2011, 00:20
YG here...times are hard and to get as far as they have is a bonus....to even take on a project like this at this moment is worth a:hat::hat::hat::)

HarryH
21-07-2011, 00:31
Absolutely right! We are very lucky really that they are going ahead. I'm sure that they could easily have found a reason to wait another 20 years without much trouble!

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2011, 11:54
The latest I heard from one of the workmen was that they expect to finish the beach (stage one) in October/November. Which has slipped quite a bit from July/August, but then this is Tenerife:eyebrows: The jetty will be done as a seperate project once the beach is open.

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2011, 12:04
Here are my latest photos of the Play Area, nearing completion now.

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2011, 12:14
Here are my latest pictures of the beach area. A lot of the building work is nearing completion. Part 1.

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2011, 12:29
Here are my latest pictures of the beach area. A lot of the building work is nearing completion. Part 2.

imablue
24-07-2011, 13:53
hard to tell the progress from pictures only...(great snaps by the way) but we were down that way the other week and things are looking great and a couple of bar owners we spoke to are delighted and optimistic for what is in store for Callao as a whole when it,s finished ..:pray::jumping::jumping:

lesbroz
27-08-2011, 12:59
Here are my latest pictures of the beach area. A lot of the building work is nearing completion. Part 2.

Hi TT

Has there been much progress on the beach area whilst you have been in England?

MrsTT
27-08-2011, 15:38
We just walked down into the village for lunch and the playground is now open - even if not officailly as there were children playing in it. TT will take some more piccies tomporrow of it, and walk round to see how the beach is progressing.
The road markings at the bus stop outside Santander bank, and the new crossings there, have made that main junction lots less uncertain and feels so much 'smarter'. Also the walkway around the side of Albatros with a gentle ramp up into Sueno Azul had improved the look of that area as well, so the whole place feels really good. So good to be back and see it looking busier than when we left.

Missingthereef
27-08-2011, 16:25
Things are looking great in Callao! Thanks for posting all the pics TT to keep us up to date.

sunspot
20-09-2011, 00:02
Has the beach come to a halt?, i have not seen anything moving down there for over a month

Dan747
29-09-2011, 20:35
Any update on the progress?

TenerifeTeddy
29-09-2011, 23:05
There is some gardening work being done and doors are being fitted to the bar/toilet area, but no heavy work with machinery at all. All kinds of rumours flying about, but I havenīt heard anything official. Apparently someone spoke to Adejeīs mayor recently and he didnīt know the major work had stopped. Expected it to stop during August, but not continuing through to October.

Fred Perry
19-10-2011, 18:30
Not 100% official but heard that the council have run out of money for the scheme. Could be halted for many months or longer. The more synical will say that the work was promised and started just before the last local elections and the last mayor was reinstated. He knew that there was not enough money for the entire project but he got the votes as the beach was coming on.

People do not complain though and there is very little community spirit in places like Callao. A protest against the halt in work was held a couple of weeks ago and 3 people turned up. Hardly going to worry the council is it? If hundreds marched to Adeje and got the local tv on the case it could prompt the Mayor into action. It wont happen though. It was a nice dream for Callao.

TenerifeTeddy
20-10-2011, 08:00
There were about 8 "suits" seen on the beach on Monday all gesticulating to each other, and whilst in the shop, I was told that heavy work with machinery started again on the beach yesterday. I will pop down myself later to check.

The work never completely stopped, gardening work and laying decking etc carried on, but very slowly. Lets hope thatīs it, and they now complete the work.

In reply to Fred Perrys post. Can I suggest that if there is going to be a protest then the organisers should actually tell people about it beforehand! It was not advertised or mentioned anywhere and no one I have spoken to, (and I speak to a lot of people) knew anything about it, until after it was reported in the paper that a demo was held and no one turned up!

As for community spirit, when events are properly advertised then there is plenty of support. Two folk events attracted considerable, support, the dance school held a well supported event, Carols last Christmas, etc.

sunspot
24-10-2011, 22:18

Looks like they have started the breakwater.............almost there

mcroft
02-11-2011, 10:38
hows the new beach now, is work still being done or has it stopped again, is the breakwater ok
Ill be over in two weeks but cant wait to see it finished
hopefully it will make calleo the village it deserves to be

sunspot
02-11-2011, 10:48
hows the new beach now, is work still being done or has it stopped again, is the breakwater ok
Ill be over in two weeks but cant wait to see it finished
hopefully it will make calleo the village it deserves to be

I have been told it will be finished in March,the Breakwater is coming along but it was holiday time yesterday so no work was being done

MrsTT
02-12-2011, 21:34
We took some pictures with the children the other day and there was quite a bit of bustle going on, trees being planted and machinery on the move. Iīll try & post the pictures soon.

s1monsg
03-01-2012, 13:04
For those that are interested I have just uploaded a video that I took of the development on the beach. Click here for the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SO2VZkbXTI&feature=plcp&context=C3ead240UDOEgsToPDskIhYnc3Sdmg0-b1LruhUi2y).

Dan747
21-02-2012, 14:53
How's the progress coming along guys? Completion in March looking likely?

cjd01
20-04-2012, 14:13
Today's photos of the completed works to Callao Salvaje beach

Any ideas when the beach will opeN?
Thanks

Jollypolly
20-05-2013, 13:41
Took a walk down by the Callao beach this morning, I was beginning to think that the beach had been abandoned.
Dead plants, soil washed away, debris etc. But...today there is progress, I am told there has been a bit
of activity for a few weeks now, the pathways have been swept, the flower beds tidied up (a bit) and whoever
has the kiosk concession is working hard, the kiosk has had a fresh coat of paint, permanent sunshades are
being erected on the beach, sunloungers have arrived and there has been a large BBQ erected. Its looking
good, lets hope it's supported, it's been a long time coming.

cjd01
20-05-2013, 14:32
Took a walk down by the Callao beach this morning, I was beginning to think that the beach had been abandoned.
Dead plants, soil washed away, debris etc. But...today there is progress, I am told there has been a bit
of activity for a few weeks now, the pathways have been swept, the flower beds tidied up (a bit) and whoever
has the kiosk concession is working hard, the kiosk has had a fresh coat of paint, permanent sunshades are
being erected on the beach, sunloungers have arrived and there has been a large BBQ erected. Its looking
good, lets hope it's supported, it's been a long time coming.

Wow - we are over in a few weeks - do you reckon it'll be ready for early July?

LUCKY
20-05-2013, 15:32
Today's photos of the completed works to Callao Salvaje beach

:feret::feret:
Thank you so much for the snaps . Looking forward to seeing more of it later this year. i had a smashing month there last year. :feret::feret:

Jollypolly
20-05-2013, 21:56
cjd01

I would like to think the beach will have all the services operational and the kiosk open and doing good trade by the
time you visit......fingers crossed.

lesbroz
21-05-2013, 21:59
cjd01

I would like to think the beach will have all the services operational and the kiosk open and doing good trade by the

Hope it is already for June. Can't wait to see all the progress.

Mister T
22-05-2013, 08:27
Will be looking forward to testing out the new amenities, for 3 weeks in July - especially with our pool area out of action - due to being upgraded to meet safety regulations.
Lets hope the beach is used by many, so the kiosk stays in business.

cjd01
22-05-2013, 14:59
cjd01

Thank you for taking the time to answer - hopefully it'llbe up and running - we were looking forward to it being open last year - so as you say - fingers crossed for this year!

cjd01
17-06-2013, 10:54
Any up to date news on the beach and the kiosk being open? Out in a couple of weeks with family.

TenerifeTeddy
17-06-2013, 11:28
The kiosk has been open for the last couple of weeks.
The frames for the permanent parasols have been put up (about 50) but they had only thatched one so far when I looked last week.
From what I have heard of the kiosk, the drinks are reasonable and the food is good though a bit expensive.

cjd01
17-06-2013, 11:32
The kiosk has been open for the last couple of weeks.
The frames for the permanent parasols have been put up (about 50) but they had only thatched one so far when I looked last week.
From what I have heard of the kiosk, the drinks are reasonable and the food is good though a bit expensive.

Fabulous - can't wait to go!