PDA

View Full Version : What is there to see or do near Las Caletillas in Tenerife?

Naywat
25-02-2014, 23:35
Hi, I'm off to Tenerife for the first time next week. What's the weather like at the moment please and any recommendations of things to see/do. Thank you

lynnangela
26-02-2014, 00:36
Hi Naywat,the weather is sunny and warm during the day, but also windy and cool/cold in the evenings. You will need at least jeans and jumper for evenings. Im sure however that its a lot nicer than the UK currently and much much brighter, bring sunglasses!

You are staying at Las Caletillas? Are you coming on your own, or with friends or family? Close to Las Calatillas is Candelaria which is worth a day out to visit. You are also not too far from Loro Parque in Puerto de la Cruz, and would be a good place to visit this time of year as it will make a very pleasant day out. Also you are close to the capital of Santa Cruz and I guess you will be here during carnival time, so it would be a crime to miss out on that!

Naywat
26-02-2014, 00:48
Thank you so much! I will come with shorts, jeans and a jumper! Oh and sunglasses :-). It's miserable in the UK!

languagefan
26-02-2014, 14:53
Playa San Andres is nice to visit near Santa Cruz and different from the rest of the island: beautiful yellow sand beach.
Plaza Weyler in Santa Cruz is a nice place for a bit of a stroll, a coffee and ppl watching and cafe Hauche round the corner offers a very inexpensive full menu of the day with v nice fresh fish.
Tea (pronounced te-a) museum and library is nice for a quick visit, and offers free internet access 24/7.
Mercado de Senora Candelaria (in Santa Cruz centre) is a nice place for shopping fresh meat, fruit and veg, if u r at a self catering facility.
Another local famous and inexpensive place with lots of fresh tapas options and home made wine in Santa Cruz centre:
El puntero (antingu) near hotel Horizonte
Calle San Clemente esquina con calle Pi y margal parallel de calle Castillo
I don't recommend Candelaria town much, the basilica there is ok, but the rest of the town is beach on one side and ugly tall buildings on the other side, and u see lots of closed shops and restaurants that give u a nostalgic feeling of the crisis there.
Bon voyage :)