PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep my Tenerife bank account open or not?

Blindin68
26-02-2014, 15:32
I have a la caixa account which I opened with my passport and my nie( 3 month one).im now returning back to uk to live and would like advice on wether its advisable to keep account open and just use it for future holidays?
Or do you advise closing the account. Im assuming this would be a non residents account as my nie is only the 3 month one and will not be a resident as going home.thankyou.

languagefan
26-02-2014, 16:05
Close the non-resident account most definitely for a variety of reasons.

essexeddie
27-02-2014, 18:21
I'd say close it, whats the point in keeping it open.

golf birdie
28-02-2014, 10:31
I have a la caixa account which I opened with my passport and my nie( 3 month one).im now returning back to uk to live and would like advice on wether its advisable to keep account open and just use it for future holidays?
Or do you advise closing the account. Im assuming this would be a non residents account as my nie is only the 3 month one and will not be a resident as going home.thankyou.

if there is any money in the account withdraw it. Leave ust the minimum allowed before you close it as they may charge you for the pleasure of doing so.

Blindin68
28-02-2014, 10:39
Thanks for the advice.Much appreciated,Im not sure how much notice they need but from what ive translated it looks like they need 1 months notice?Thanks again