PDA

View Full Version : Do any bar owners have problems with people not drinking enough but watching sports?

Jack`s Bar
01-03-2014, 13:40
Hi , i have a bar in Tenerife and i show all the football, trouble is people just want to watch the game but not buy drinks, does anyone else have this problem, what i do now is put a 4 euro cover charge on reduced to 1 euro when they spend 6 or over, yet they still are`nt happy.

LUCKY
01-03-2014, 15:42
:trink::trink::redcard::nono: .................................................. :football:

lynnangela
01-03-2014, 16:07
Hi , i have a bar in Tenerife and i show all the football, trouble is people just want to watch the game but not buy drinks, does anyone else have this problem, what i do now is put a 4 euro cover charge on reduced to 1 euro when they spend 6 or over, yet they still are`nt happy.

I would refuse to go to a bar that charged a cover charge and would just go to the next one that does not. You have my sympathy though, its hard enough trying to run a business here im sure, but putting a cover charge in is not going to make for happy customers and next time they will just go somewhere else.

primrose
01-03-2014, 16:29

Is this a joke? there are thousands of Bars they can go to that don't have a cover charge and only 1 Euro a pint, no way would I pay it and I expect your next post will be advertising your Bar for sale.:doh:

Malteser Monkey
01-03-2014, 16:30
Why don't you put a notice up alongside the TV and on the door stating that customers need to purchase a drink in order to be there and watch TV.

I am sure I have seen this done years ago.

It's common sense that they have to buy a drink - you wouldn't go sit in a restaurant and not order food - would you ??

Tight:bootyshake::cheeky:

Jack`s Bar
01-03-2014, 17:00
Why don't you put a notice up alongside the TV and on the door stating that customers need to purchase a drink in order to be there and watch TV.

I am sure I have seen this done years ago.

It's common sense that they have to buy a drink - you wouldn't go sit in a restaurant and not order food - would you ??

Tight:bootyshake::cheeky:

i have a sign up saying no drink no seat, but a lot of english people apparently cant read.

primrose
01-03-2014, 17:11
i have a sign up saying no drink no seat, but a lot of english people apparently cant read.

Just the English is it?

Red Devil
01-03-2014, 17:35
I have been in plenty of bars where we watch a game and have never seen anyone sit without a drink so I cant imagine it would be a massive problem.
And I wouldnt pay a surcharge to sit anywhere either.
Not being funny but the notice you have put up also is a bit curt, sure you could word it in a more customer friendly way if you really needed to get the point across, plenty of places where a smile and friendly manner makes all the difference.
Welcome to the forum also :hello:

seanocelt
01-03-2014, 17:35
it is the same problem for most bar owners, bar full for game but 1 pint each in 90 mins is often the case sorry.

Malteser Monkey
01-03-2014, 18:56
Just the English is it?

Well if he's have said the Scots:cheeky::respect:

Angusjim:cheeky:

melm
01-03-2014, 19:34

Watch it little one:punchbag:

imablue
01-03-2014, 22:39
What games were on today in your bar (and where is the bar ).by my recollection most showed Qpr v Leeds early game and Southampton v L,pool late game .5.30
Are you in a good catchment area of British or other Nationalities..
Many bars now are unable to get a lot of coverage ...especially Premiership Games...

LUCKY
01-03-2014, 22:40
What time is Happy hour ?

tonypub
01-03-2014, 22:47
folk who dont want to buy a drink are few n far between in my experience.ill let them sit for a bit,get comfy then ask them if they would like a drink.many expect table service(mainly non brits).if its a game where im busy and they dont buy a drink(dont happen to often thankfully)i ask them to kindly leave.

imablue
01-03-2014, 22:47
What games wer

slodgedad
01-03-2014, 22:56
folk who dont want to buy a drink are few n far between in my experience.ill let them sit for a bit,get comfy then ask them if they would like a drink.many expect table service(mainly non brits).if its a game where im busy and they dont buy a drink(dont happen to often thankfully)i ask them to kindly leave.
True, Tony. If they don't want a drink then ask them to leave.
I wouldn't even walk into a bar to use the loo without buying something.
You have to put your foot down or you become known as being a freebie.
Amazing how quick the word spreads-

tonypub
01-03-2014, 22:58
Amazing how quick the word spreads-like i say,it dont happen often,thankfully.had a few claiming all inc and showing there wristbands :duh:

slodgedad
01-03-2014, 22:58
Amazing how quick the word spreads-

(Not aimed at you, Tony, but the OP

tonypub
01-03-2014, 23:00
(Not aimed at you, Tony, but the OPif the above statement makes sense to you,im happy:tiphat:

LUCKY
01-03-2014, 23:01
like i say,it dont happen often,thankfully.had a few claiming all inc and showing there wristbands :duh:
Provided by Ryanair..........................

slodgedad
01-03-2014, 23:03
if the above statement makes sense to you,im happy:tiphat:

Me, too. It should have read, DUH.. :tiphat:

Angusjim
02-03-2014, 10:03

Zip it malty

miguel
03-03-2014, 03:13
i have a sign up saying no drink no seat, but a lot of english people apparently cant read.Just show the Scottish games then because we all know
how free the Jock's are with there money. Also why would there be any English people in the bar to watch any form of Scottish football. Think you will soon be on your way home. Miguel.

junglejim
03-03-2014, 08:25
it is the same problem for most bar owners, bar full for game but 1 pint each in 90 mins is often the case sorry.

I never have that problem Sean , I drink so much Guinness I can't see the game!! ( except when it's AJ's shout!)

Ecky Thump
03-03-2014, 09:49

I don't know your pub or where it's situated, but if you are only getting folk in to watch a game, have one drink and leave, then maybe you should look at what your pub offers apart from a television.

The pubs that I use that have televisions, are mainly pubs that cater for families, couples etc., but when a game is on it's mainly men sitting with pals enjoying the game, supping a few beers and then later they are joined by families etc. and the real spending commences.

Cover charges and signs telling folk what how they have to spend their money to my mind is plain unfriendly and a SIGN of a pub to be avoided....even for a football match.

razzy x
03-03-2014, 09:50
Need some help

razzy x
03-03-2014, 09:51
I know this is not relevant to the subject but im coming to teneeife this month

Ecky Thump
03-03-2014, 09:57
I know this is not relevant to the subject but im coming to teneeife this month

It's very relevant, if you want to watch a football game and be happy, go to tony's pub and avoid Jacks!

It's rumored that Tony accepts Scottish pound notes....well that's what Medman said.:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
03-03-2014, 10:54
It's very relevant, if you want to watch a football game and be happy, go to tony's pub and avoid Jacks!

It's rumored that Tony accepts Scottish pound notes....well that's what Medman said.:cheeky:

Scottish pound notes eh ! no fivers or tennas up there:whistle::cheeky:

Ecky Thump
03-03-2014, 10:59

We generally trade in sheep and women from South of the border!:wink2:

Malteser Monkey
03-03-2014, 11:03
We generally trade in sheep and women from South of the border!:wink2:

:bowdown::laugh:

just how far south

junglejim
03-03-2014, 11:14

AJ's still got an original British Linen Bank 10/- note!

http://www.collectpapermoney.co.uk/lists/scotland.htm

actually there never was one issued!

Medman
03-03-2014, 11:51
:bowdown::laugh:

just how far south

The Deep South ..... :swimming:

Malteser Monkey
03-03-2014, 12:08
The Deep South ..... :swimming:

Good that's me out then !:scared:

Medman
03-03-2014, 12:46
Good that's me out then !:scared:

Luck escape Welsh Wench .. :cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
03-03-2014, 12:49
Luck escape Welsh Wench .. :cheeky:

yes ! but for who :laugh:

Medman
03-03-2014, 13:54
yes ! but for who :laugh:

Good point well made ... :heyhey:

chifleta
03-03-2014, 20:26
There is a bar up where I work, don't ask me name, don't know, and hubby was across the road waiting in car for me to finish, and he said there were a couple of blokes walking past the bar and stood there for a minute or two watching the game, and the owner (presumably) came out and more or less said "if you're not coming in, then don't stand watching my telly".... like hubby said, if someone said that to him, he'd never go in that bar ... I said "what a twit" the owner was (more or less), how to make clients and influence people... NOT. So one day hubby stood outside, and he said the same bloke stood with arms folded giving my hubby dirty looks LOL ... some people are so daft.

marbro8
04-03-2014, 00:17
to be honest the op came on here to ask peoples advice and i don't know if he has viewed any of them or not? but if he shows the same enthusiasm for his business as he has for these responses then:dontknow:

primrose
04-03-2014, 00:22
Is it 6 Euros per person you have to spend before you get the cover charge reduced to 1 Euro or per couple.

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 00:56
what i do now is put a 4 euro cover charge on reduced to 1 euro when they spend 6 or over, yet they still are`nt happy.

Is it 6 Euros per person you have to spend before you get the cover charge reduced to 1 Euro or per couple.

The way it's worded it appears to be, if you mistakenly walk into his bar and spend €6, he then charges you another €1 for having the audacity to look at his television.
I wonder if you declare to him that you are both deaf and blind, then will he waive the €1 charge!:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I can now see after reading Jacks other post that there must be a lot of blind English folk who are unable to read his signs!!

If they use sign language, he then might charge them another €1 for having their own kareoke sing song.:confused:

primrose
04-03-2014, 09:42
When I go to watch Football I usually have 3 diet cokes, unless you are ripping people off with the price you charge for Coke as it is usually 1 Euro 50 for a can, then instead of paying 4 Euros 50 for three you would charge me an extra 4 Euros just for sitting in your Bar to watch a game of Football.For goodness sake wise up and think what you are doing, I am surprised you have any customers left as there are hundreds of Bars showing the same games as you with no cover charge where they make you welcome and don't demand money before you even sit down.Actually thinking about it you would be charging me 5 Euros 50 for my first can of Coke.:rofl::rofl::rofl:I love to start the day with a laugh.

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 10:26
When I go to watch Football I usually have 3 diet cokes, unless you are ripping people off with the price you charge for Coke as it is usually 1 Euro 50 for a can, then instead of paying 4 Euros 50 for three you would charge me an extra 4 Euros just for sitting in your Bar to watch a game of Football.For goodness sake wise up and think what you are doing, I am surprised you have any customers left as there are hundreds of Bars showing the same games as you with no cover charge where they make you welcome and don't demand money before you even sit down.Actually thinking about it you would be charging me 5 Euros 50 for my first can of Coke.:rofl::rofl::rofl:I love to start the day with a laugh.

Maybe Jacks Bar will join the TF Discount scheme.....10% Discount if accompanied by both sets of Great Grandparents!:laugh:

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 10:28
Maybe Jacks Bar will join the TF Discount scheme.....10% Discount if accompanied by both sets of Great Grandparents!:laugh:

Ah but only at Happy hour :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 10:34
Ah but only at Happy hour :flatcap:

Happiness in Jack's bar!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 10:43
Happiness in Jack's bar!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Soo correct even Jack aint happy:crylaughing::flatcap:

Foz
04-03-2014, 10:52
So does no one have any positive advice to give this bar owner?

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 11:02

Make customers feel welcome!

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 11:05

Our Help Desk is rather busy now. Please call back later.:flatcap:

primrose
04-03-2014, 11:12

Sorry to say I honestly don't think he would take any advice, if he can't see what is going on with all the bar's around him then there is nothing we can say that will help him, instead of alienating people by overcharging try making them welcome and then they will come back when the Football isn't on, make them feel like they are welcome instead of asking for money before they even sit down.

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 11:17
Maybe complimentry very salted nuts on the bar:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 11:25
Sorry to say I honestly don't think he would take any advice, if he can't see what is going on with all the bar's around him then there is nothing we can say that will help him, instead of alienating people by overcharging try making them welcome and then they will come back when the Football isn't on, make them feel like they are welcome instead of asking for money before they even sit down.

A long established and successful Los Christianos bar and restaurant "Linaris 2" welcomes customers who sit at one of their tables, even if they only buy a cup of coffee costing €1.50, they can sit there for hours if they wish and watch TV and in the evening listen to live music, the management and staff never put pressure on the customers to spend more money and will even chat to the customer.......Maybe Jack could learn from them and then he may be happy for the punters who buy a pint and watch his TV.:)

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 11:27
A long established and successful Los Christianos bar and restaurant "Linaris 2" welcomes customers who sit at one of their tables, even if they only buy a cup of coffee costing €1.50, they can sit there for hours if they wish and watch TV and in the evening listen to live music, the management and staff never put pressure on the customers to spend more money and will even chat to the customer.......Maybe Jack could learn from them and then he may be happy for the punters who buy a pint and watch his TV.:)

Still think nuts on the bar a better idea :flatcap:

Sundowner
04-03-2014, 11:55
Having read the reviews for Jack's Bar on T.A. my only advise would be to take a course in customer relations!

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 12:01
Still think nuts on the bar a better idea :flatcap:

At Linaris2 they bring the nuts to you.....or do you mean to put Jack's "nuts" on the bar, or even his crushed nuts!:cry:

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 12:09
At Linaris2 they bring the nuts to you.....or do you mean to put Jack's "nuts" on the bar, or even his crushed nuts!:cry:

I could not possibly comment :flatcap:

Maybe he should lighten up , And have a 24 hour happy hour :trink::trink::trink::trink::trink::trink::trink:: trink::trink:

And run repeats from the 1966 world cup.:football::football::football::football::footb all::football:

primrose
04-03-2014, 12:16

Having just read reviews on T.A. there are a few on there who would like to crush his nuts.:smack:

Tshirt
04-03-2014, 12:17
:tiphat:

Where is Jack's Bar? It's just that I don't want to stumble in there by accident and be financially embarrassed. :sorry:

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 12:20
:tiphat:

Where is Jack's Bar? It's just that I don't want to stumble in there by accident and be financially embarrassed. :sorry:

Yes where is it ? and as anyone got the telephone number? so i dont phone it by mistake.:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
04-03-2014, 12:40
After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I feel we are being a tad unfair on Jack, one review said that he serves good .....

"Hash Browns"

Following a stunning review like that, then it's got to be worth a visit!:bowdown:

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 12:51
After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I feel we are being a tad unfair on Jack, one review said that he serves good .....

"Hash Browns"

Following a stunning review like that, then it's got to be worth a visit!:bowdown:

They also mention, "The only saving grace for this place is the breakfast was good especially the hash browns."

Its nice to know that people still say grace before meals.:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
04-03-2014, 13:03
Its nice to know that people still say grace before meals.:flatcap:

is she the waitress ?

LUCKY
04-03-2014, 13:31
is she the waitress ?

Just realised that this may help Jack and of course the waitress Grace,
So now its over to Jack i look forward to your replies. :flatcap:

Owners: What's your side of the story?

If you own or manage Jack's Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.( You know which site to visit to do this ):flatcap:

Sundowner
04-03-2014, 14:10
Jacks bar
Calle el Beril
Costa Adeje
t922 724 766

That's in el Duque so I guess you have to put a shirt on to go in??:whistle:

imablue
04-03-2014, 20:57
Make sure its a Newcastle shirt then.........wor jack the canny lad ...:whistle:

marbro8
05-03-2014, 19:46
Jacks bar
Calle el Beril
Costa Adeje
t922 724 766

That's in el Duque so I guess you have to put a shirt on to go in??:whistle:that's me out and rosemary in then:laugh::wink2:

LUCKY
05-03-2014, 20:00
that's me out and rosemary in then:laugh::wink2:

Am i reading this correctly . yourself and rosemary have only one shirt between the pair of you:flatcap:

marbro8
05-03-2014, 20:21
Am i reading this correctly . yourself and rosemary have only one shirt between the pair of you:flatcap::laugh::laugh::laugh:.............

Jacks bar
Calle el Beril
Costa Adeje
t922 724 766

That's in el Duque so I guess you have to put a shirt on to go in??:whistle:if it used to be oscars isn't it at the side of the bougenville?

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 09:56
Am i reading this correctly . yourself and rosemary have only one shirt between the pair of you:flatcap:

but it is XXXL:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
06-03-2014, 10:46

This whole thread is a scam by Jack's Bar to get free advertising.:spin:

Over 2500 Views!!

It's getting more attention than if he advertised a "Free Seat with Every Drink" or "Freeview T.V"

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 11:11

Over 2500 Views!!

It's getting more attention than if he advertised a "Free Seat with Every Drink" or "Freeview T.V"

:laugh::laugh:

primrose
06-03-2014, 11:20

Over 2500 Views!!

But he hasn't said where it is and the majority of the 2500 now know what is being said about him and his bar on TA so think the scam had backfired..

Tshirt
06-03-2014, 11:27
but it is XXXL:cheeky:

and unisex one size fits all..:wink:

Ecky Thump
06-03-2014, 11:32
But he hasn't said where it is and the majority of the 2500 now know what is being said about him and his bar on TA so think the scam had backfired..

Jacks bar
Calle el Beril
Costa Adeje
t922 724 766

That's in el Duque so I guess you have to put a shirt on to go in??:whistle:

Now we all know where to avoid for a Tenerife welcome.:bootyshake:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 11:39
and unisex one size fits all..:wink:

now what item of clothing are you on about:whistle::crazy:

Tshirt
06-03-2014, 11:50

Football shirt of course, what else would you wear in Jack's Bar?..:football:

We'll all be banned anyway. :redcard:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 11:54

flip flops - more flops than flip .....creo yo !:laugh:

primrose
06-03-2014, 11:55

Are we bovvered? are we heck :cheer::ban:

Ecky Thump
06-03-2014, 12:02

[

We'll all be banned anyway. :redcard:[/QUOTE]

Are we bovvered? are we heck :cheer::ban:

Does anyone go back for a second time to find if they are banned!!:agree:

Medman
06-03-2014, 12:26
I would go just to see how bad it really was. I'm a fan of Fawlty Towers .. Ba-------sil .. :twak:

A zebra onesie !

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 12:32
I would go just to see how bad it really was. I'm a fan of Fawlty Towers .. Ba-------sil .. :twak:

Ohhh love em

Brahm's 5th racket !

Herds of wilderbeast sweeping majestically .......

don't get me started

LUCKY
06-03-2014, 12:32

A zebra onesie !

This Zebra seems to be crossing over ...... :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2014, 12:35
This Zebra seems to be crossing over ...... :flatcap:

we need a zebra smiley

are the :feret::feret:jealous ?

theloner
06-03-2014, 12:39
Make sure its a Newcastle shirt then.........wor jack the canny lad ...:whistle:

Oi leave us oot of it we've enough problems as it is!! :cry:

cj's
20-03-2014, 16:39
give them some very salty chips ..!:lol:

kingbaker
20-03-2014, 18:09
Ohhh love em

Brahm's 5th racket !

Herds of wilderbeast sweeping majestically .......

don't get me started

Oh to be Brahms and List!!:hello::lol::D

Lily-Anne
27-04-2014, 17:07
I'm going to dip my toe in this very cold water, it was heavy going reading the last eight pages.

Why were you all so tough on the OP?

LA

slippyjim
25-07-2014, 11:26
simple suggestion - just put the price of your drinks up a little.

Success will depend on how many other bars nearby show the sports as well and how tight your clientes are, so knowing Tenerife it probably wont work well at all!!!!

Ecky Thump
25-07-2014, 15:10
I'm going to dip my toe in this very cold water, it was heavy going reading the last eight pages.

Why were you all so tough on the OP?

LA

Because he has not got a friendly approach to customers.....You reap what you sow!

Tshirt
25-07-2014, 18:57
I suppose it depends on whether the OP is talking about his regulars or not, if he has any? When in Tenerife we normally frequent the same bar and over a week we perhaps spend 200-250 Euros there on food and drinks etc. So if I go there to watch the football and only have a couple of drinks during the match it's not a problem.

Crazy Golfer
17-09-2014, 17:33
Hi all

Not sure if this thread is still 'alive' but I thought I'd throw in what I hope is some constructive criticism.
I've been to Jack's Bar a few times and before when it was OC's.
I can see the point the owner is trying to make but in my mind he's going about it the wrong way. Instead of curt messages up on the walls I'd have thought a better plan would have been to CUT his prices when the football is on, stick a few crisps or snacks on the tables and maybe, for not a huge cost, encourage a bit of an atmosphere - which is what us holidaymakers are looking for.:welcome: I might be looking at this the wrong way but I'd have thought you'd have a better chance of getting someone IN the bar to buy a drink than someone who's not there at all.
I know it must be difficult in that location but I'm sure some more positive PR would be beneficial. As I say I've called in for a toastie and a pint a few times on the way back from the beach and have seen the signs up on the bar walls ... not the most welcoming sight!!
On top of that I called in one morning for a breakfast with my brother and a mate before we went up to Adeje to play golf. There we were with our golf gear sitting at the table outside - we were the ONLY customers - yet after being served our food the owner disappeared through the back and wasn't seen again.
The way we were dressed gave him the easiest opening line ever for a wee bit of banter and a chat but he obviously had more important things to do.
I don't want this to sound negative because bars in that area are few and far between but customers have to be made WELCOME. If he had spent 10 minutes chatting to us that morning we'd have been back at night for a few beers - definitely. Unfortunately I haven't been back since.
I may be wrong but the owners give the impression this is their first attempt at running a bar .... don't strike me as 'people' people at all.
I'll give it another try in October when I'm out ... hopefully things are looking up.

That's my tuppence worth

Ecky Thump
17-09-2014, 18:12
Hi all

Not sure if this thread is still 'alive' but I thought I'd throw in what I hope is some constructive criticism.
I've been to Jack's Bar a few times and before when it was OC's.
I can see the point the owner is trying to make but in my mind he's going about it the wrong way. Instead of curt messages up on the walls I'd have thought a better plan would have been to CUT his prices when the football is on, stick a few crisps or snacks on the tables and maybe, for not a huge cost, encourage a bit of an atmosphere - which is what us holidaymakers are looking for.:welcome: I might be looking at this the wrong way but I'd have thought you'd have a better chance of getting someone IN the bar to buy a drink than someone who's not there at all.
I know it must be difficult in that location but I'm sure some more positive PR would be beneficial. As I say I've called in for a toastie and a pint a few times on the way back from the beach and have seen the signs up on the bar walls ... not the most welcoming sight!!
On top of that I called in one morning for a breakfast with my brother and a mate before we went up to Adeje to play golf. There we were with our golf gear sitting at the table outside - we were the ONLY customers - yet after being served our food the owner disappeared through the back and wasn't seen again.
The way we were dressed gave him the easiest opening line ever for a wee bit of banter and a chat but he obviously had more important things to do.
I don't want this to sound negative because bars in that area are few and far between but customers have to be made WELCOME. If he had spent 10 minutes chatting to us that morning we'd have been back at night for a few beers - definitely. Unfortunately I haven't been back since.
I may be wrong but the owners give the impression this is their first attempt at running a bar .... don't strike me as 'people' people at all.
I'll give it another try in October when I'm out ... hopefully things are looking up.

That's my tuppence worth

Thanks for a great constructive post.

warbey
17-09-2014, 20:29
I missed this Thread after the first few replies. but have just read the rest.

I wonder if the Owner who took the trouble to ask Us,

has had the courtesy to read the replies, which I think are mostly constructive and relevant.....

I think a few different approaches could also be considered.

First.. Get rid of the Telly/s ?

Second, Welcome People in and give Them some attention when practical.

After about ten, Others will come in to see what the attraction is..
so even if the first ones don't spend too much, the Ones coming in out of curiosity will bring the Money.

People on Holiday want to relax and too many Rules will shut the Place....

Is this Bar still open with the same Owner.?

and Welcome to Crazy Golfer... Good Post.....

martincrabb99
17-09-2014, 20:42
I have never just had one pint in ninety minutes of Football or eighty minutes of Rugby. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Crazy Golfer
17-09-2014, 20:56
I have never just had one pint in ninety minutes of Football or eighty minutes of Rugby.

Me Neither Martincrabb99 ... I prefer cans ... don't spill so much with all that running about:cheers:

martincrabb99
17-09-2014, 21:02
I have never just had one pint in ninety minutes of Football or eighty minutes of Rugby.

Me Neither Martincrabb99 ... I prefer cans ... don't spill so much with all that running about:cheers:

The last Rugby game I watched was New Zealand v Argentina in the Premier Bar at Amarilla Golf at 0835 in the morning and they put the big screen down for me and cooked me a breakfast special. When you're made welcome you always return. Just orange Juice and coffee at that time of morning though[emoji6]

warbey
18-09-2014, 20:39
The last Rugby game I watched was New Zealand v Argentina in the Premier Bar at Amarilla Golf at 0835 in the morning and they put the big screen down for me and cooked me a breakfast special. When you're made welcome you always return. Just orange Juice and coffee at that time of morning though[emoji6]

with an Orange "Door Knocker" for afters...??

martincrabb99
18-09-2014, 20:43
with an Orange "Door Knocker" for afters...??

So you know the hidden code?

warbey
19-09-2014, 19:56
So you know the hidden code?

Three times................................good tune too

martincrabb99
19-09-2014, 20:06
Knock,knock. BOSH!

marbro8
19-09-2014, 20:20
Thanks for a great constructive post.and a thanks from me because now i will never have to waste some of my precious holiday time visiting it:laugh:,come on guys there are soooooo many bars in tenerife that make a monumental effort to make you feel welcome that bars like this really don't deserve the custom:nono: