PDA

View Full Version : My remote control isn't working correctly

languagefan
01-03-2014, 15:12
Hello,
My TV was working alright until recently. My remote control works in a funny way these days kind of slow motion and with different speed, I need to time pressing the buttons differently for it to change channels. Also, bottom part of TV screen alternates the following: standard mode, game mode, theatre mode etc and keeps changing between the above until I press enter.
Can anybody advise what is wrong and what I should do?
Thanks

lynnangela
01-03-2014, 16:03
New batteries possibly? or a new remote control? Worten sell very good one for €15

languagefan
01-03-2014, 16:06
I changed to new batteries just a wks ago.
Worten? U mean remotes that work with all TVs regardless of brand?
Thanks

Vortex Wake
01-03-2014, 16:49
You can view the infrared emitter output at the top of the remote control by facing it at a digital camera (such as on a camera phone) , this will allow you to see the white blips on the camera screen to verify correct functionality when pressing the remote's key pad. If the remote if firing off without a key press , then the remote has damage (such as goo ingress I.e. tea/coffee/vino etc) and needs a clean inside.

Sunlight shinning directly onto the TV's front panel will cause slow operation as it is being bombarded with to much infrared from the sun.

languagefan
01-03-2014, 20:51
Reprogrammed the TV from scratch and problem sorted itself out. Thanks