PDA

View Full Version : Other Someone was mugged last night in Los Cristianos

essexeddie
06-03-2014, 14:45
Came out of Bojangles on the strip LC last night at 1.30 am to find a young girl crying. She and her boyfriend had just been mugged by two guys. The boyfriend had shot off to find an internet connection to stop his cards from being used.
So its still happening.

Krisstina
08-03-2014, 16:43
I hope that the couple are ok?

essexeddie
08-03-2014, 17:29
They wasn't hurt, they walked off with some people from the bar that were going in the same direction.

princessmonika
09-03-2014, 09:26
i can never understand why people don't leave there cards and passports in the hotel safe , and only take about 100 euro or so , for a night out?????? hope they stopped the card being used -- to lern the hard way, not nice on a holiday--thank god they were not hurt

Krisstina
09-03-2014, 12:27
Arrrhh thats good news at least they are not hurt.

anto3
09-03-2014, 13:20
Another mugging near Graciso this week. Think there are more mugging when the caravial on.

lynnangela
09-03-2014, 13:52
i can never understand why people don't leave there cards and passports in the hotel safe , and only take about 100 euro or so , for a night out?????? hope they stopped the card being used -- to lern the hard way, not nice on a holiday--thank god they were not hurt

I think the reason why people often carry cash and cards on them is that they wont pay the €5 or so a day charge to use the room safe, people are often here on a budget and that can represent a night out for them. Even my husband will baulk at paying a charge to use a room safe, but I have also heard that in some budget hotels even a safe isn't safe and that cleaning staff might have access to them. Its a really tricky problem, there has to be a reasonable solution to it. I have a really good little travel safe that I use when we go to the beach, although if someone was determined they would be able to get into it, but at least it avoids opportunist theft.

Im glad they were ok but still, its a horrible thing to happen.

tfs1
09-03-2014, 15:08
Perhaps its a timely reminder to ensure we all have written down the emergency phone numbers of the card companies so if the worst happens at least contact can be made sooner rather than later to phone up and cancel your cards / accounts etc.

Where do we keep the emergency phone numbers ? - maybe in your phone, a paper copy in your suitcase / hand luggage, maybe left in the UK with family you can contact for the details - any other thoughts ?

If you don't want to write down all your card numbers etc (or even mask the real number by switching some of the digits - but of course you have to remember what you have switched!) hopefully the banks etc can go through security questions with you to confirm you are the real card holder before stopping the affected cards.

Be safe and be prepared !

essexeddie
09-03-2014, 18:34
I normally lock all my bits in my case when away and put it under the bed. The maids wont be able to get into that without it being noticed.

lynnangela
10-03-2014, 00:48
I normally lock all my bits in my case when away and put it under the bed. The maids wont be able to get into that without it being noticed.

But what if your room is broken into and they just leg it with the case?

Ecky Thump
10-03-2014, 08:15

This is the difference between men and women......Logic!;)

marbro8
10-03-2014, 09:24
i used to put my money and passports in weird places like the toaster and the extracter fan on the cooker hood:lol:, working on the assumption that burglars always plan to be in and out within 2 mins so by the time they had searched the likely places(locked cases under beds);) wardrobes and kitchen cupboards, and believe it or not safes that are not secured to anything:doh:, then they would just get out before being caught:)

primrose
10-03-2014, 11:21

They don't need to leg it, if it is a maid that is doing it they just put the case in the part of the cleaning trolley that they use for dirty washing and a couple of dirty sheets over the top to hide the case, they can hide anything in there and nobody is any the wiser, that is what was happening at a Hotel we stayed in in Mallorca.

LUCKY
10-03-2014, 11:25
They don't need to leg it, if it is a maid that is doing it they just put the case in the part of the cleaning trolley that they use for dirty washing and a couple of dirty sheets over the top to hide the case, they can hide anything in there and nobody is any the wiser, that is what was happening at a Hotel we stayed in in Mallorca.

Have you been watching too many spy films:flatcap:

MIKE H
10-03-2014, 11:33
I once had a couple staying and because of bookings had to change them to another apt. during their holiday. On the change day/time they didn't appear for the change (had gone on the beer) so the cleaners packed up all there stuff and changed it to the new apt. When I did eventually contact them and gave them the new key there was no problem until next day when they called to say they had left their Passports, Money and Credit cards inside a cushion on the sofa in original apt. (even though there was a safe in that apt.) Luckily everything was still in the cushion and the new arrivals were none the wiser. Happy ending.
Mike.

primrose
10-03-2014, 12:15
Have you been watching too many spy films:flatcap:

I will ignore this inane comment. I posted about something that happened at a Hotel I stayed at but I am beginning to wonder if it is even worth the bother of posting anything on here anymore.

LUCKY
10-03-2014, 12:16
I will ignore this inane comment. I posted about something that happened at a Hotel I stayed at but I am beginning to wonder if it is even worth the bother of posting anything on here anymore.

Sorry :flatcap: