PDA

View Full Version : Other Can notaries perform weddings in Tenerife?

Lissalyon
09-03-2014, 12:59
Red queen on another forum mentioned that notaries maybe able to perform wedding ceremonies. Does anyone know if that is now possible please

bonitatime
09-03-2014, 13:08
I have read nothing that implies this

languagefan
09-03-2014, 16:40
Call this notary to find out for yourself. They speak english:
http://www.vulka.es/empresa/nicolas-castilla-garcia-notario_49472.html
Good luck :)

Lissalyon
09-03-2014, 19:10
Thanks, there's just one near the Mercadona so will try calling by tomorrow

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Marry In Front Of Notary: 95 euros, Tailor Made Special Day: Priceless
November 1, 2013

As part of a reform of the Civil Code you will soon be able to marry or divorce in front of a Spanish notary public, for just a 95 euros fee , although only divorces where no minors are involved and the split is by mutual agreement between the couple.

The Minister of Justice , Alberto Ruiz- Gallardón* announced the measure at a press conference saying that it is a measure that will “streamline Civil Registry and court waiting lists”

Gallardón has explained that* 95 euros is a lower price than already charged by some municipalities.

Up to now in Spain there were three avenues for marriage : religious, civil proceedings before the civil registrar ( a judge) or before local mayors and councilors .

Now it will also be possible for the Notary to perfom the ceremony at a place of the couple’s chosing , which was impossible for civil registry public officials, who could not officiate outside the town hall or court house.

Lissalyon
10-03-2014, 22:21
Called in to see the notary today. Spoke to the secretary and apparently they cannot.

So there's plan A

Have a legal wedding here with lots of paperwork to plough though apparently and it will possibly need two visits. Not sure if this means while stopping here but suspect its over a few months. Was told its a right pain.

Or plan B
Have a small ceremony at home and have a blessing g here. That just seems to miss the point really.

Oh yes,just thought of plan C
Go elsewhere

And plan D

Don't Bother!

Plan D looking very good at the moment!

What do you all think?

I want a proper wedding not just a dressing up party :-(

Megaloo
10-03-2014, 22:46
Friend of mine went to Gibralter

lynnangela
10-03-2014, 23:36
Gibralta is a good option as you can have a proper wedding there, still be in the sun and its affordable enough for family to be able to join you.

Lissalyon
13-03-2014, 10:00
Thanks everyone. Been in touch with a Tenerife wedding celebrant and it's looking like in order to have the ceremony in Tenerife you go to the registry office in uk , do the formal bit, then come to Tenerife with friends and family and have a personalised ceremony of your choosing. Not what I envisaged, but what I need to do to be where I want to be.

I would have preferred it the other way round.

kingbaker
13-03-2014, 11:23
Called in to see the notary today. Spoke to the secretary and apparently they cannot.

So there's plan A

Have a legal wedding here with lots of paperwork to plough though apparently and it will possibly need two visits. Not sure if this means while stopping here but suspect its over a few months. Was told its a right pain.

Or plan B
Have a small ceremony at home and have a blessing g here. That just seems to miss the point really.

Oh yes,just thought of plan C
Go elsewhere

And plan D

Don't Bother!

Plan D looking very good at the moment!

What do you all think?

I want a proper wedding not just a dressing up party :-(

I'm available if you have any money and are goodlookin':crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: