PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Endesa are offering a new tariff if you reduce your potencia

delderek
11-03-2014, 19:27
This is probably one for 9plus.

Endessa offering discount if you sign for 4.4kw potencia rather than the normal 5,52kw.

I would think 4.4 is far too low for modern living. But how do they administer it, the standard meter will record how much used, but not the current at any one time. So do they change the meter for a clever one?

9PLUS
11-03-2014, 20:26
You are on the lines of being correct.

They has 40% of all <10Kw contract accounts changed to the smart meters and these smart meters do monitor consuption every single second and are set to the ICP rating of the contract.

Smart meters disconnect the supply once it has past the limit ie 5.5kw etc

As you will know not a great many people don't understand Endesa sbilling and electricity in general.

essexeddie
11-03-2014, 20:52
Is it a good idea to sign up, if you have an apartment I wonder?

9PLUS
11-03-2014, 21:05
example

basic contract info

4.4Kw @ .05c everything else 13cent a KW/h
9.5Kw @ .05c " " " " " " "

boths accounts use the same amount of Kilowatts in one month

Which is the most expensive bill ?

4.4Kw maybe fine but don't get conned into changing.

Hepa
11-03-2014, 21:34
We live in a house that is all Electric, 4,4 KW is our potencia, rarely does it trip off. However I have had the place rewired.

9PLUS
11-03-2014, 22:17
Without a doubt 25A (5750W) some people cant' live with such a low tariff and it's too much for others.

I would class it a bare minimum even if you had gas hob installed.

bonitatime
12-03-2014, 00:04
We have 6.5 and still struggle not to blow the power

9PLUS
12-03-2014, 09:01
When designing we recommend 9.2Kw if everything is electric on a basic house.

1 or 2 aircon units and no heating (swimming pool or not)

As an idea

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Also always recommend people install gas for water heating and cooking.

For a client I got a gas Combi cooking unit from Conforama around summer last year, one of the one's you used to see a lot in the UK, not the pretties thing but she is only interested in saving money.

and moved her contract down to 15A (3450W).

lindacaroline
13-03-2014, 18:28
What companies can you switch to as my electric bill is constantly between 330-490 every 7 weeks, I find way too high.
Any suggestions....

essexeddie
13-03-2014, 19:16
I don't think you have any, Its not the UK ;-)

delderek
13-03-2014, 19:25
What companies can you switch to as my electric bill is constantly between 330-490 every 7 weeks, I find way too high.
Any suggestions....

That seems really really high, Aircon?

9PLUS
13-03-2014, 21:37
Any suggestions....

http://9plusonline.com/electrician-tenerife-elec-co (http://9plusonline.com/electrician-tenerife-elec-co-fully-legal-electic-installations-and-projects-in-tenerife/)

Most of the resellers are listed here at Nine Plus Instalaciones

Jabba43
14-03-2014, 07:24
Had the electricians around this week as I got 8 split air conditioners in my container from China with all my materials, basically one for each room in the house. Silly me did not think about the amps etc so I doubt I will use them all now as the rewiring is going to be a horrific cost. On top of these I want to add a swim spa.

chifleta
14-03-2014, 13:19
Any suggestions....

wow that's extreme... mind you, how big is your house, how many people etc?, it's all relative I suppose. We are 3 in a small apartment, washing machine on once a day most days, computer on lots, tv try not to have on as much, now try and make as many of our meals as possible ahead of time (in the cheaper rates) and just re-heat later, shower before the higher rates kick in etc etc.

we've recently had a dual metre put in, lower rate (apparently) from 10pm to 12midday and a higher rate from midday to 10pm (this varies slightly in summer) ... I say apparently because we haven't had our first "new" rate bill yet .... it better be cheaper than what we have been paying otherwise I think even my hubby will be fuming LOL ..... fingers crossed :goodluck:

9PLUS
14-03-2014, 13:28
Had the electricians around this week as I got 8 split air conditioners in my container from China with all my materials, basically one for each room in the house. Silly me did not think about the amps etc so I doubt I will use them all now as the rewiring is going to be a horrific cost. On top of these I want to add a swim spa.

Planning Is everything. You've spent too much time in Poland.

berrywinkle
26-03-2014, 19:35
Whie people are talking about Endesa can anybody tell me when trying to phone from UK what is the best number to phone to get an answer and some help. I have been blocked out of my online account and have no address that I can write to them can anybody help?
Margaret

9PLUS
26-03-2014, 20:42
Same number as everyone else calls

Hey Jude
27-04-2014, 11:16
Whie people are talking about Endesa can anybody tell me when trying to phone from UK what is the best number to phone to get an answer and some help. I have been blocked out of my online account and have no address that I can write to them can anybody help?
Margaret

May not be the proper place but maybe someone can help. I now have a Smartphone and thought I could control my Endesa bills etc when on holiday or back home but although I have no problem in my PC, I cannot login on their App. It just says "Not possible try later" What must I do?

Margaret

May not be the proper place but maybe someone can help. I now have a Smartphone and thought I could control my Endesa bills etc when on holiday or back home but although I have no problem in my PC, I cannot login on their App. It just says "Not possible try later" What must I do?

Faraway
27-04-2014, 16:02
When designing we recommend 9.2Kw if everything is electric on a basic house.

1 or 2 aircon units and no heating (swimming pool or not)

As an idea

Also always recommend people install gas for water heating and cooking.

For a client I got a gas Combi cooking unit from Conforama around summer last year, one of the one's you used to see a lot in the UK, not the pretties thing but she is only interested in saving money.

and moved her contract down to 15A (3450W).

Hiya - I live in a town house - how would I go about changing to gas for water heating and cooking? Would I, in fact, be allowed to do this in a community?
Many thanks

9PLUS
30-04-2014, 20:26
Hiya - I live in a town house - how would I go about changing to gas for water heating and cooking? Would I, in fact, be allowed to do this in a community?
Many thanks

Sorry Faraway I've taken a few days out so not been on the internet.

If you want to change to Gas, then call a gas installer and see what they say. The only reason the community would be involved (that i can think of at the moment) is if you have to put something or change part of the communal area. ie' vent, bottles, tube work etc.

If everything was contained within your town house and the vents are in your private space then there isn't much the community can do,

designzilla
16-03-2015, 14:24
How do you sign up for online Endesa? I have been on a website with the same Logo as my bill however I can't seem to find a valid contract number, the example it gives looks nothing like my bill.

Also once signed up can you input meter readings?

Thanks

norte
18-03-2015, 11:56
I don't think you have any, Its not the UK ;-)
yeah uk lol. cartel of 7 or so diff energy cmpanies who all put their tarrifs up at once. it a joke not a competition.