PDA

View Full Version : Education Can anyone advise if there is a British college in Tenerife?

gntjones
12-03-2014, 02:56
that accepts British expat students, if they have learnt the Spanish language before hand ?
We are currently living in Canada, we all have British passports, however our son (and of course us) would like to come to live in Tenerife, rather than waiting for him to complete college here in Canada, we wondered if it was possible for him to attend a Spanish College, or if there is an international college there for English speaking students ?
He is learning the Spanish language next year in high school, when he will be 16, however here they don't finish high school until they are 18, and wondered if there was anyway we could register him at college in Tenerife, or another Canary Island ?
If anyone could help us out would really appreciate it - thank you
If we could take him out of high school at the end of the school year, and there is a way he could complete his education in Tenerife up to age 18, we would also consider that too.
He wants to live in Spain or Tenerife when he gets older anyway, so we had just as well go sooner rather than later ...

TenerifeTeddy
12-03-2014, 03:23
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?239-British-Schools-in-Tenerife-Contact-details

gntjones
12-03-2014, 03:47
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?239-British-Schools-in-Tenerife-Contact-details

Thank you :)

charlote
31-03-2014, 13:51
Wingate School at Cabo Blanco. Great school

bonitatime
31-03-2014, 17:22
I would strongly reccommend you wait. This is a very complicated age to launch a young person to a new life and life here in south Tenerife is very different. I would be less concerned if you were coming to puerto de la Cruz or Santa Cruz but the south is a bit never never land
I was out not so long ago talking to someone 20 years younger than me who also came at 16 and both of us agreed it is probably the worst age to arrive