PDA

View Full Version : Other Is it OK to walk along the front from Los Cristianos to Adeje?

Seboni121
14-03-2014, 19:56
Hi we will be on hols end of march and wondering about walking along the coast from adeje , Americas and cristianos

slodgedad
14-03-2014, 22:21
Hi, and :welcome: to the Forum. :tiphat:

Seboni121
14-03-2014, 22:32
Hi, and :welcome: to the Forum. :tiphat:

Thank you :wave:

Chine
15-03-2014, 00:19
Hi and welcome , I'm still new myself !

junglejim
15-03-2014, 14:05
Welcome to Forum !
There is a walkway from La Caleta in Costa Adeje all the way to Los Cristianos , should take about 2hrs max if you donīt stop at the many bars,beaches and shops on the way !
An excellent walk but sometimes busy!

Seboni121
16-03-2014, 19:43
Thank you that's great thanx

marbro8
16-03-2014, 20:26
Hi we will be on hols end of march and wondering about walking along the coast from adeje , Americas and cristianoswe do it regularly, we used to walk to la caleta and back years ago, it used to take about 5 hours, then it got to 8 hours then we decided to catch the bus there and walk back:laugh:, it does get a bit precarious when you get to del duque and the walk round the headland by the large villa, but you can take the road way if you want it is safer:wink2:, we have even walked to la caleta from los cris to have a meal at one of the lovely fish restaurants on the sea front, then taxi or bus back:spin:

lynnangela
17-03-2014, 00:06
edited: im not going to get into a argument but I have reported the above post

chelseamassive
17-03-2014, 00:20
Don't be too hard on the op these guys are rip off merchants!

primrose
17-03-2014, 00:24

Why?........

lynnangela
17-03-2014, 00:28
because it is racist and offensive

primrose
17-03-2014, 00:31

Don't talk rubbish. Warbey is not racist and if you had been on here longer you would know he is one of the more respected and nicer members on here who is liked by many posters on this Forum.

AL JAY
17-03-2014, 00:50

I don't find it Racist or offensive,he is just telling the truth! They are a blight on the island sadly!

Seboni121
17-03-2014, 08:51
I will definately be staying away from Asian stores 100% I've heard really bad things on hear and other forums, the local bobbies should be coming down hard on these thief's and scummbags, I will be casting an evil eye as I pass them

Angusjim
17-03-2014, 09:41

Get a grip no way Warbey is being racist just stating facts. Do you shake hands with these conmen ? does not matter if they are Indian, Scottish, Spanish a conman is a conman just happens that in the case he brings up the people in question seem to be of Indian / Asian descent.I think maybe an apology to Warby is in order

junglejim
17-03-2014, 09:44
I will definately be staying away from Asian stores 100% I've heard really bad things on hear and other forums, the local bobbies should be coming down hard on these thief's and scummbags, I will be casting an evil eye as I pass them

I think you'll find some of the "Bobbies" are just as bad !

Lissalyon
17-03-2014, 10:35
We walked all the way to puerto colon. From Zentral center and another day all the way to Arona gran a Nd up into the higher bits of Los cris.

That's me pushing my chair....well with help on the hills from OH

Wouldn't like to do it from one end to another though.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Days when it was really windy I couldn't get as far as we liked. The wind buffeting us really slowed us down.

chelseamassive
17-03-2014, 10:45
Especially the electrical stores that also selling fags. When you buy something they will tell you that the price shown is in Uk pounds to entice you in , when you argue and ask them why are the prices shown are not in euros and refuse to pay they all gang up on you ....Ive fallen for this and ive seen many others fall into the trap .! YES ITS A CON!

Leam_Lin
17-03-2014, 11:03

Have you any experience of how these shops/people operate?

Angusjim
17-03-2014, 11:14
Especially the electrical stores that also selling fags. When you buy something they will tell you that the price shown is in Uk pounds to entice you in , when you argue and ask them why are the prices shown are not in euros and refuse to pay they all gang up on you ....Ive fallen for this and ive seen many others fall into the trap .! YES ITS A CON!

But is it offensive or racist to warn people;)

languagefan
17-03-2014, 13:33
Horrible that people allow themselves to talk like this in this day and age! These kind of posts happened rather often in the past and the previous moderators tolerated them, and this is one of the many reasons how this forum which was a very busy and vibrant forum lost so many members over past few yrs.

Angusjim
17-03-2014, 13:55
Horrible that people allow themselves to talk like this in this day and age! These kind of posts happened rather often in the past and the previous moderators tolerated them, and this is one of the many reasons how this forum which was a very busy and vibrant forum lost so many members over past few yrs.
The wording may not be to your liking but the message is 100% correct they are not to be trusted at all and deserve no respect as they have undoubtedly conned many many unsuspecting holiday makers over the years

primrose
17-03-2014, 14:05

Don't you think we find it horrible and in some cases heartbreaking in this day and age, post's from people asking for help on how to get money back from Asian shopkeepers that have robbed them blind many OAP'S who have lost not just a few pounds but thousands thinking they were buying something special only to find out rubbish goods being substituted and also money being taken out of their Bank and not knowing till they got home and got their statement.There have been too many posts on here about this, and how they are still trading I do not know. I was called a Bitch by an Asian shopkeeper when he tried to con me and I asked for his complaints book did I find it offensive, no I just told him actually I was being nice but if he carried on I would show him what a Bitch I could be, he even followed us out of the shop and was shouting in front of everybody Bitch you are banned, you find that OK do you? If warbey has saved 1 person from getting conned by his post then I say good for him. I must be the only person in Tenerife that is banned from an Asian shop, they normally try to drag you in.

languagefan
17-03-2014, 14:40
Just blanket statements pinpointing a region of the world is utterly wrong. We can give warnings about shop keepers, pickpockets, but talking about a continent this way is just ignorance of those of us who choose to live in the last century. I likewise don't like it when people call us Brits arrogant, unfriendly, stingy, promiscuous, bad drunks, football thugs or unsocial. Because there are many of us who are friendly, helpful, hospitable, and humble.
Blanket statements about a region or nationality is just wrong regardless of our previous experiences. For example I myself have had many many negative experiences with a good number of Italian friends and acquaintances, but if I come on a forum, it is simply not right to say Italians are all out there to rob u!! Each person is one person and should be given benefit of doubt. Well that is what I think but we can agree to disagree.

kathml
17-03-2014, 16:23
We could change the definition to Wiley Oriental Gentlemen if that suits better I think it is common knowledge that the majority of Asiatic shopkeepers are not terribly trustworthy and if some people believe that to be wrong good luck to them

In the UK they have become a large part of the tax avoidance society and any pressure on them and they immediately play the racial card

If that means I'm a racist so be it

marbro8
17-03-2014, 18:09
Hi we will be on hols end of march and wondering about walking along the coast from adeje , Americas and cristianosbloody hell, if i was you seboni121 i would just stay round the pool:lol::lol::lol::D

Stoney
17-03-2014, 20:18
Having lived on the island for over 2 yrs and walked around the shops countless times and been asked to shake hands hundreds of times by some of the Asian Shopkeepers. My opinion is that most of the time all they want is you to go into the shop to have a look round, it gives the impression that they are busy and attracts other people to come in and yes some of the time it is to try and rip off the holiday maker. If you tell them no thanks politely they accept it, if they start stating prices in pounds then just say you live here that usually does the trick and they revert to Euros. Just because some of these shopkeepers are unscrupulous you cannot say it is all of them on the island, if you get bad service in a Canarian restaurant you wouldn't say that all Canarian restauants give bad service.

Chine
17-03-2014, 20:24
Most of the stuff those so-called shopkeepers sell is complete tat! All the football shirts are fake ! How do they get away with that , by the time people have got there goods back to the uk it's normally fallen apart , as for there so called leather goods 1 word ,junk !!! I try to discourage my family and friends from buying any sweat shop garbage of these fraudsters ! Think about this if the clothes are fake maybe the tobacco and spirits also ! Just keep walking is my answer , nothing to do with skin colour it's about being ripped off by these rude pushy tax evaders

warbey
17-03-2014, 21:13

I do hope You will be as quick to support a Person who has lost Money to a "Shark" f whatever Nationality.

I posted as I saw it, and if it offernds some, then tough, because it's the Truth.

I recently had My way blocked on many Occasions by a certain BREED of person holding out Their Hands.

Perhaps I am unusual because I only shake Hands with People I know or am introduced to. and certainly

to be accosted every few Yards is NOT My definition of a relaxing Holiday.

I am not accusing ALL of Them, but enough to be a Majority.

I can even understand how Others may be annoyed, but that annoyance shouldn't get in the way of the Truth.......Should it.?

delderek
17-03-2014, 21:19
Having lived on the island for over 2 yrs and walked around the shops countless times and been asked to shake hands hundreds of times by some of the Asian Shopkeepers. My opinion is that most of the time all they want is you to go into the shop to have a look round, it gives the impression that they are busy and attracts other people to come in and yes some of the time it is to try and rip off the holiday maker. If you tell them no thanks politely they accept it, if they start stating prices in pounds then just say you live here that usually does the trick and they revert to Euros. Just because some of these shopkeepers are unscrupulous you cannot say it is all of them on the island, if you get bad service in a Canarian restaurant you wouldn't say that all Canarian restauants give bad service.

Blimey. Only two years. I never found one Asian shop I would trust in 20 years. Only 2 electronic shops in the south I would set foot in. Visanta or Maya. Or more recently Worten. All of which are Spanish owned. All have fixed fair prices with no rip off tactics. Might be a good thread to pass on your experiences with these
So called electronic shops.

primrose
17-03-2014, 21:25

Are there two Tenerife's because you obviously live on a different one to the rest of us.

marbro8
18-03-2014, 00:02
Are there two Tenerife's because you obviously live on a different one to the rest of us.i remember it, i think it is the twilight zonerolleyes2:

Stoney
24-03-2014, 11:10
Sorry to disappointment both of you but its the same Tenerife, though I have had to be back in UK for a while but will be back on the reef next week and will be walking along the front although this time won't have the dog with us, so will see if you are right and they all try it on. My point was that in my opinion not all Asians can be called rip off merchants just because some and even if you are right all of the shop keepers along the front are. Afraid every race on this little planet of ours have their rip off merchants. Some markets stalls have been selling fake stuff all over the World for years yet people still buy it, until we all stop looking for the great bargain of the year I'm afraid it will carry on.

Leam_Lin
24-03-2014, 12:47
But on the markets, at least in the UK you can get bargains, the fake stuff is mostly sold by our 'other friends'. Trading standards in our area are regularly raiding market stalls & shops & collecting thousands of pounds worth of fake goods.
Have found in Tenerife our 'other friends' rip you off & do not sell bargains.

warbey
24-03-2014, 21:21
Not having a Dog is Part of it, but You also need to be White, as in Not Tanned.

Resedencias are largely left alone, as They are more difficult to deal with.

As I go quite dark, I tend to be left alone after about 9 or 10 Days..

But on the markets, at least in the UK you can get bargains, the fake stuff is mostly sold by our 'other friends'. Trading standards in our area are regularly raiding market stalls & shops & collecting thousands of pounds worth of fake goods.
Have found in Tenerife our 'other friends' rip you off & do not sell bargains.

True..................

Seboni121
24-03-2014, 21:53
I'm welsh so if they start talking to me I shall answer then in my mother tongue and see how they get on :)

Stoney
25-03-2014, 00:52
As I seem to have faded quite a bit since being in the UK and won't have a dog to walk this time, maybe they will see me as a holiday maker, will let you all know

bonitatime
25-03-2014, 15:16
Visanta and maya are Asian owned!

People are entitled an opinion and to call us Brits those things even though you or I may not be. For example I think you are an idiot. Just my opinion. Deal with it.
and Worten

Greg
25-03-2014, 19:08
I didn't know that!

essexeddie
25-03-2014, 19:42
The only Asian lecky shop I would trust is JAP Electrics in the Arona Grand Hotel LC.
He is unbelievable. He came round to our apartment after work three times to try and set up a DVD recorder and left it with us for three days to make sure it was ok without any payment.
After all that it didn't work properly (week signal during the evening). We ended up with just a player from him in the end.
But I would always go to him in the future.

Stoney
25-03-2014, 20:01
Thanks essexeddie, think that proves the point I was trying to make

warbey
25-03-2014, 20:52
I suggest that the Type of Retail Outlets We are talking of, They will all be Asian Owned.

That seems to be the chosen speciality.

It is nice to see that some are respected too. I did a bit of Business Years ago and got a decent Deal.

The Shop wasn't on the Prom Though.!

I think neither are the three mentioned, either...?

essexeddie
28-03-2014, 20:03
We have walked that route many times in the past but the other way round (from LC). Its a nice walk then get the bus back. We don't do it much now as we have our own car now. Getting lazy.

marbro8
28-03-2014, 21:01
We have walked that route many times in the past but the other way round (from LC). Its a nice walk then get the bus back. We don't do it much now as we have our own car now. Getting lazy.i am determined to walk from el mirador (lc) to la caletta and back in may, like the first time we did it 8 years ago:crazy:, we have seemed to have gotten really lazy over the last couple of years, we didn't walk more than las americas and back in october last:ashamed:

essexeddie
28-03-2014, 21:10
We were in Tenerife from late Oct to end of March and only walked it once I'm ashamed to say. We are back in June for a month so will have a go then. I go swimming every day though, well, when the suns out.

delderek
29-03-2014, 10:44
and Worten

Think you will find Worten are originally Portuguese.

The brands of Sonae include, non-exhaustively:

Retail: M24 (convenience and gas-station stores), Continente (hypermarkets), Continente Bom Dia (small-size supermarkets, formerly Modelo Bonjour), Continente Modelo (medium-size supermarkets, formerly Modelo), Worten (electronics & home appliance stores), Modalfa (fashion stores), Sportzone (sportswear stores), Zippy (kids' fashion stores), GeoStar (travel agencies), MaxMat (DIY stores

And Visanta are a fairly large company with over 100 employees

(and prices are on their website) so are not Con artists.

essexeddie
29-03-2014, 18:06
Think you will find Worten are originally Portuguese.

The brands of Sonae include, non-exhaustively:

Retail: M24 (convenience and gas-station stores), Continente (hypermarkets), Continente Bom Dia (small-size supermarkets, formerly Modelo Bonjour), Continente Modelo (medium-size supermarkets, formerly Modelo), Worten (electronics & home appliance stores), Modalfa (fashion stores), Sportzone (sportswear stores), Zippy (kids' fashion stores), GeoStar (travel agencies), MaxMat (DIY stores

And Visanta are a fairly large company with over 100 employees

(and prices are on their website) so are not Con artists.

You are right, as we bought a vacuum cleaner a few weeks ago from Worton and that was made in Portugal. Absolute bargain at €29 and works a treat.

bonitatime
30-03-2014, 09:00
Nether the less the franchise on the island is Asian owned