PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Where can I buy flip flops wholesale?

sammy123
16-03-2014, 01:28
Hi guys,

Ive been trying to find flip flop wholesalers on the island to no avail. Can anyone point me in the direction of where/who I can contact to enquire about prices? I need approximaly 100 for welcome packs for a friends wedding and am trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to buy them here in the UK (approx 1.40 landed inTenerife) or to save the hassel of shipping etc, if I can buy on the island at the same or a cheaper price.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Sam

imablue
16-03-2014, 14:38
Primark ...............!!

primrose
16-03-2014, 15:06
Primark ...............!!

1 Euro 50 Cents a pair. Good thinking imablue.:idea:

sammy123
16-03-2014, 20:23
I guess that means... wishfull thinking??

Thanks guys... I seem to remember when I was in Gran C a few months ago, those small shops used to sell flip flops (the cheap kind) for around 5 euros.... They must have had a 300% markup on them min. I just thought I could find thier supplier (or similar) since I wanted quantity.

But thanks for your help, its much appreciated, even to give me perpective.

LosRoques
22-03-2014, 09:56
Hey Sammy - if you're truly buying bulk http://www.alibaba.com - buy in bulk direct from manufacturers, escrow service available with most that will protect your purchase.

Jabba43
04-04-2014, 06:51
Hey Sammy - if you're truly buying bulk http://www.alibaba.com - buy in bulk direct from manufacturers, escrow service available with most that will protect your purchase.

You will need to buy minimum a 20ft container though to make it worth it.

LosRoques
04-04-2014, 08:03
You will need to buy minimum a 20ft container though to make it worth it.

Not so - I've purchased single items through to 4 pallets worth of stuff through both alibaba and aliexpress, all far cheaper than I could get them anywhere else.

golf birdie
04-04-2014, 17:47
Not so - I've purchased single items through to 4 pallets worth of stuff through both alibaba and aliexpress, all far cheaper than I could get them anywhere else.

what are the problems if any with customs here?

bonitatime
04-04-2014, 21:07
There are no problems
You pay your tax and paperwork fees and importing is easy
Just find out what the fees are in advance

kingbaker
04-04-2014, 21:40
I guess that means... wishfull thinking??

Thanks guys... I seem to remember when I was in Gran C a few months ago, those small shops used to sell flip flops (the cheap kind) for around 5 euros.... They must have had a 300% markup on them min. I just thought I could find thier supplier (or similar) since I wanted quantity.

But thanks for your help, its much appreciated, even to give me perpective.

I hate to tell you but there's no such thing as 300% profit. If you buy something for say €3.00 and sell them for €9.00, then your profit (gross) would be €6 or 66%
(€6 out of €9) ;)

marbro8
04-04-2014, 21:50
100 pairs do not constitute bulk buying, you would have to buy a lot more than that, but you may get a big discount from a local tenerife shop if you tell them you want that many;)