PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Can you remove your phone number from advertising lists in Spain?

sunseeker
16-03-2014, 03:21
I got my child a phone for his birthday and even though it's a new number he's getting a lot of spam calls from businesses on it. We've been keeping track of numbers and we've called them back telling them to remove the number from databases under threat of denouncing but I want to know if there's a company or service like there is in England that we can register the number for not wanting calls. A child should not have to put up with this ****.

JaBBa
16-03-2014, 10:36
Not sure if theres such a service in tenerife, but if its the same number you either block the number through the fone or call your provider to block them

Angusjim
16-03-2014, 11:55
I got my child a phone for his birthday and even though it's a new number he's getting a lot of spam calls from businesses on it. We've been keeping track of numbers and we've called them back telling them to remove the number from databases under threat of denouncing but I want to know if there's a company or service like there is in England that we can register the number for not wanting calls. A child should not have to put up with this ****.

No one child or adult should have to put with these parasites they are a complete pain why anyone gives them the time of day is beyond me but obliviously some people must. Cold calling should be banned full stop:mad:

Ecky Thump
16-03-2014, 13:19
No one child or adult should have to put with these parasites they are a complete pain why anyone gives them the time of day is beyond me but obliviously some people must. Cold calling should be banned full stop:mad:

At least with the old "Door to Door" salesman, you had the satisfaction of threatening them with a bit of physical violence, but with telesales it's a invisible person with no fears!:nono:

Angusjim
16-03-2014, 13:26
I think rather than having to remove you number from lists it should by us who actually have to request to receive these calls.

9PLUS
16-03-2014, 18:09
I've created a contact on my phone called it BLOCKED and link up all the spam numbers to that profile and restricted them.

Ecky Thump
16-03-2014, 22:19
I've created a contact on my phone called it BLOCKED and link up all the spam numbers to that profile and restricted them.

I know where I would like to place my phone and cause them a BLOCKAGE!:devil2:

9PLUS
16-03-2014, 23:39
You vicious little ****

I like

x

Pooh
17-03-2014, 13:01
The do-not-call register in Spain is called Lista Robinson.
You can register on their web site:

https://www.listarobinson.es/default.asp

Not that it helps 100%, but at lest it stops the "serious" companies from calling, since they are required to use the lista robinson...

sunseeker
12-01-2015, 00:10

ive ended up recording the numbers and phoning each of the advertisers back one by one and threatening to denounce the ****ers if they call again. it seems to have done the trick. he gets far less calls these days. ;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Not that it helps 100%, but at lest it stops the "serious" companies from calling, since they are required to use the lista robinson...

THANK YOU!!!! thats fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ive just tried the site but it didnt work. i sent them an email so ill see if they reply.