PDA

View Full Version : Wanted my chances

shades
18-03-2014, 22:43
Hi all
im new here so a big hello to you all , i hear your a friendly lot :wave:
Right i know this has probably been done to death , but i am coming over to tenerife in may looking for work
im no young un coming over to have a good time stay up all night and do a few hours to make ends meet , im 49 male currently learning the language
my background is transport ( hgv driver ) warehousing and logistics but obviously would do anything to get started , i have enough funds for accommodation and
to live for approx 12 months so i could get sorted somewhere accommodation wise then get out looking for work , im very loyal 4 employers in 30 years working
very trustworthy and hard working , i enjoy meeting people and am very easy to get on with ,so just looking for advice from you all , accommodation best place to look for work etc
i know you will all say how tough it will be ( i know that ) was just hoping the learning of the language would be a big help ,
i await some sound advice thanks
shades

Megaloo
18-03-2014, 23:16
Welcome to the Forum, no advice re job I am retired but do know there is a shortage of jobs for locals as well as ex pats.

AL JAY
18-03-2014, 23:27
Welcome to the forum shades, I hope you strike it lucky and find some work,stay on your guard,be careful with your money and don't trust anyone! :cheers:

LUCKY
19-03-2014, 12:44
Welcome to the forum shades, I hope you strike it lucky and find some work,stay on your guard,be careful with your money and don't trust anyone! :cheers:
Welcome to the forum, It will help if you can speak spanish.
And please AL JAY please stop trying to get people to strike LUCKY.:twak::twak::flatcap::feret::feret::feret::f eret: