PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Investor wanted active partner or sleeping

aquamantra
20-03-2014, 17:21
Investor wanted for great opportunity for low investment . It is a large old canarian building which used to be a restaurant which as the scope to be a bed and breakfast as well as rest and bar it has new electrics plumbing and valid opening licence .just needs equiping, stocking ,decorating and TLC then it will be a great source of income.I am short of an estimated 20,000 to get this fantastic place up and running near to how i would like it. P.s. I have been in the catering trade for a long number of years and for this money you really cant go wrong so for a 50-50 partnership PM me Now!!! With your contact details and i will get back to you as soon as possible ..Thank you.

kathml
20-03-2014, 18:38
And the band played. ******* ** ** *** l***

aquamantra
20-03-2014, 19:11
Yes they could! it has a large out door area at the back which i plan to make into a beer garden and stage.Thanks for spending your valuable time for usefull input kath.

TenerifeTeddy
20-03-2014, 22:41
Before you spend any money or bring anyone else into this project, you need to ensure you can get planning permission to do what you intend.

It is extremely difficult if not impossible to change use on rural properties. Many people have commented here and on other forums about how good it would be to run a B&B, because there don't seem to be any around. There is a reason for that, the little snag of obtaining the permission to do so. Do it without the licence and the place is likely to be flattened and you'll get very heavily fined.

aquamantra
21-03-2014, 00:58
thank you teddy for your advice but i dont believe i said it was rural agriculural or otherwise and have taken much advice and have been here 14 years and know the score .Is there any positive vibes out there!

timmylish
21-03-2014, 03:26
thank you teddy for your advice but i dont believe i said it was rural agriculural or otherwise and have taken much advice and have been here 14 years and know the score .Is there any positive vibes out there!

I think that the lack of positivities is a reflection on the state of businesses operating in the hotel/restaurant/bar spectrum. Do not be presumptuous enough to claim to 'know the score'. After all few would have given Man.Utd. any chance.

aquamantra
21-03-2014, 09:57
timmy i think you misunderstood or i didnt express my self correctley, by saying i know the score,i ment i know how difficult things are here, paper work etc and am always open to GOOD advice so please all you negative people that have nothing better to do leave it out .we are slowly coming out of crisis so now is the time for bargains tommorow may be too late.and i really dont have the time or inclination to keep answering you neggers so i will now only answer informed advice and offers

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 09:58

Here's a question for you, Is a B&B classed as tourist accommodation ?

Angusjim
21-03-2014, 10:08

That was kathml being positive:wow::lol: unfortunately if you come on an open forum you have to take the good comments with the bad, on here they will probably by 99% negative. Is there no loans / grants available from Canarian government for start up business ventures ?

delderek
21-03-2014, 10:14
Although B&B is not a known designation in the Canaries, there are "Pensions", which I presume are the same. There is one almost opposite the Devon Arms in Los Cris, that has been there for ever. So it may indeed be possible.

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 10:24
Although B&B is not a known designation in the Canaries, there are "Pensions", which I presume are the same. There is one almost opposite the Devon Arms in Los Cris, that has been there for ever. So it may indeed be possible.

What is already built and licensed has little influence on applying for a license today

Is it classed as the lowest category for a Hotel ?

Because if it is "YOU" will "NOT" get a License to operate as a Pension/B&B.

Angusjim
21-03-2014, 10:35
What is already built and licensed has little influence on applying for a license today

There are gusethouses and B&B's advertised here http://www.lonelyplanet.com/canary-islands/tenerife/hotels/guesthouses are these illegal ? if they are then why can someone not apply for a new licence? I would have thought they would welcome anyone who is trying open a legal businesses and could contribute with employment and paying taxes.

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 10:40
I take it you were paying attention on the illegal holiday lets page ?

Angusjim
21-03-2014, 10:43
I take it you were paying attention on the illegal holiday lets page ?
Have not seen this thread do you have a link:whistle:

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 10:50
If a Pension/B&B is classed as the lowest Hotel category then the moratorium would prevent new licenses.

Regardless of what is being advertised on the Lonelyplanet website.

Take note aquamantra & Angusjim

A B&B would be classed as either 1 or 2 Star accommodation in accordance with the Moratorium only licenses shall be granted to 5 Star, Deluxe or 7 Star Hotels

Meaning a B&B/Pension would "NOT" currently be able to obtain a Tourist License or any other License to operate legally.

At the moment not even 5 Star Hotels or superior can obtain a License because the whole process has been suspended indefinitely until the Cabildo revoke it and they are currently talking about another 3 years extension.

So this deal is "NOT" a "great opportunity for low investment" nor does it "just needs equipping, stocking ,decorating and TLC then it will be a great source of income"

However it IS a very long term investment that will eat up thousands of euros and be very lengthy.

cheers

x

Angusjim
21-03-2014, 12:25
If a Pension/B&B is classed as the lowest Hotel category then the moratorium would prevent new licenses.

Regardless of what is being advertised on the Lonelyplanet website.

Take note aquamantra & Angusjim

A B&B would be classed as either 1 or 2 Star accommodation in accordance with the Moratorium only licenses shall be granted to 5 Star, Deluxe or 7 Star Hotels

Meaning a B&B/Pension would "NOT" currently be able to obtain a Tourist License or any other License to operate legally.

At the moment not even 5 Star Hotels or superior can obtain a License because the whole process has been suspended indefinitely until the Cabildo revoke it and they are currently talking about another 3 years extension.

So this deal is "NOT" a "great opportunity for low investment" nor does it "just needs equipping, stocking ,decorating and TLC then it will be a great source of income"

However it IS a very long term investment that will eat up thousands of euros and be very lengthy.

cheers

x

So instead of making posts into a quiz why could you just not post this very useful and informative post at the start. :)

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 12:29
Because i want to know what people in the know know

x

Ecky Thump
21-03-2014, 13:21
Can someone "LEND" me ,20,000€:woo:

Sorry, I would if I knew what the Spanish Law is on money lending licenses.

Maybe 9PLUS will "enlighten" us, after all he is a Electrician!:cheeky:

TenerifeTeddy
21-03-2014, 15:08
timmy i think you misunderstood or i didnt express my self correctley, by saying i know the score,i ment i know how difficult things are here, paper work etc and am always open to GOOD advice so please all you negative people that have nothing better to do leave it out .we are slowly coming out of crisis so now is the time for bargains tommorow may be too late.and i really dont have the time or inclination to keep answering you neggers so i will now only answer informed advice and offers

So that means that you won't listen to advice that contradicts what you want to hear - It rather beggars the question, why bother to ask in the first place? Another good sound Tenerife business plan:wow:

As someone who has lived here 8 years and runs 2 successful businesses, I do have some idea of what is required to make a business work. I am generally considered one of the more optimistic and positive posters on here, and I'm sorry if you don't want to hear what I have to say, having asked the question on an open forum.

9PLUS
21-03-2014, 15:17
You'd be better off with a bar after finding out IF it's possible and without ploughing money into impossible projects

You could always go and apply for Dragons Den and see what they have to say.

kingbaker
21-03-2014, 15:50
This IS positive. This is not an environment where it is safe to invest in ANYTHING..........sounds like you've gotten into trouble already.

Rule 1.
Plan a budget and STICK to it.

Rule2
Plan how much money you'll need for to live on, untill it can pay you a good regular wage!! Now multiply this figure by at least 4. This might not be enough even.

Rule 3
Plan sales and cash flow projections........make them accurate 'cause you'll be the one who has to achieve them.

I would advise you to get out of this venture if you still can.

LUCKY
21-03-2014, 15:56
This IS positive. This is not an environment where it is safe to invest in ANYTHING..........sounds like you've gotten into trouble already.

Rule 1.
Plan a budget and STICK to it.

Rule2
Plan how much money you'll need for to live on, untill it can pay you a good regular wage!! Now multiply this figure by at least 4. This might not be enough even.

Rule 3
Plan sales and cash flow projections........make them accurate 'cause you'll be the one who has to achieve them.

I would advise you to get out of this venture if you still can.

Are you positive ? :flatcap:

bonitatime
21-03-2014, 17:20
There is no chance you can get a B&B license
There are some options for Casas Rurales but you need the right sort of building and there are hoops to jump through

marbro8
21-03-2014, 18:59
i did have £5000, but i lent it to a mate with the promise he would give me £7500 a few weeks later, but that was nearly 2 years ago now, and he is still promising it to me:lol:

LUCKY
21-03-2014, 19:16
i did have £5000, but i lent it to a mate with the promise he would give me £7500 a few weeks later, but that was nearly 2 years ago now, and he is still promising it to me:lol:

Just to clear matters up it wasn't me. I paid back my £10,000 within 6 months When my ferret stud farm became really succesful :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret ::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret: :feret::feret:

theslaters
21-03-2014, 21:58

What happened about this can't find the old thread,I take it it went pear shaped.

marbro8
21-03-2014, 22:28
What happened about this can't find the old thread,I take it it went pear shaped.you sound like my wife:lol:, spoke to him yesterday and he is convinced that when they have paid the last payment to release the now $32,ooo ooo ooo ooo bond:lol:, the money will be paid into the halifax in stafford within the next 2 weeks:lol:, i really feel for him now because this is about the time he either realises that he has been conned or it really is true? if it is the former then i think he will commit suicide :(, because he told me that they had borrowed about 3 million between the 2 of them over the last 3-4 years trying to get the inheritance :confused:

Andy0210
21-03-2014, 23:06
Welcome to the forum Aquamantra hope you enjoy your stay ;)

LUCKY
21-03-2014, 23:11
Welcome to the forum Aquamantra hope you enjoy your stay ;)

I am not POSITIVE he will be back :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

marbro8
21-03-2014, 23:15
I am not POSITIVE he will be back :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:only if you can say positively that the idea of turning the building into a B&B will work;)

murph
21-03-2014, 23:17
So that means that you won't listen to advice that contradicts what you want to hear - It rather beggars the question, why bother to ask in the first place? Another good sound Tenerife business plan:wow:

As someone who has lived here 8 years and runs 2 successful businesses, I do have some idea of what is required to make a business work. I am generally considered one of the more optimistic and positive posters on here, and I'm sorry if you don't want to hear what I have to say, having asked the question on an open forum.

aquamantra asked for Money and a business partner - not advice - as far as I can see.

#justsaying

aquamantra
22-03-2014, 00:05
Thanks guys for your valuable input 9plus you are truly informed but you are just dwelling on b and b and if that is not possible because of legislation still a great place with accomadation and buissness for so little and angus ,murph del derek.thanks for your positve input

kingbaker
22-03-2014, 00:09
Hi Murph,
An investor would need to know how safe was the cash invested, how long would payback take in years and months, and what was ths return (roi) and what collateral was on offer before even considering anything else.;)
Juat saying tooo!!!:cool::cool:

murph
22-03-2014, 01:32
Don't Disagree Kingbaker, my comments were about the OP being accused of not listening to advice he hadn't asked for! :whistle:

kingbaker
22-03-2014, 02:29
Don't Disagree Kingbaker, my comments were about the OP being accused of not listening to advice he hadn't asked for! :whistle:

I understand what you're saying but there are only two types of people on this planet.......Those who know what they're doing and those who think they know what they're doing. The op needs to know which one he is...... (hopefully) before he looses his cnonas (Irish for nuts), and bis credit rating for years to come for something that may have had no chance at all. If I'd charged him €2000 for this advice, and saved his a*s , it'd be money well spent.
My advice is given gratis.
He does with it what he likes.:D:p:rolleyes::(

CIM
22-03-2014, 04:41
What he said above...
If you cant relate to the "negative" posts and don't really understand them, then you are not ready to start this or any other business here

9PLUS
22-03-2014, 08:16
Thanks guys for your valuable input 9plus you are truly informed but you are just dwelling on b and b and if that is not possible because of legislation still a great place with accomadation and buissness for so little and angus ,murph del derek.thanks for your positve input

I'll take it you mean you're forgetting the B&B part and concentrating on just the accommodation side ?

If so you're in exactly the same position.

No Accommodation will be able to obtain a license to operate at the moment

or did you mean the accommodation was for the owners/co-owners? i.e private accommodation?

LosRoques
22-03-2014, 09:45
If it's truly a workable project then a bank will lend you this amount, especially if you'll have collateral (I'm assuming there'll be ownership involved on some level).

Talk to a couple of banks about ICO loans (http://www.ico.es) - they're government controlled loans specifically to encourage new growth, very low interest rates and no fees over 1 to 20 years with up to 2 year initial payment holiday.

If the loan isn't approved then there's probably a good reason why - back away.

aquamantra
22-03-2014, 12:01
I am not abbandoning any plans but realize how difficult getting a pension or b and b licence is but not immpossile as someone suggested . so i have contingency plans and options, and thanks losroques i will check the ico loan scheme out, there are also start up grants which will be paid back after initial investment and strangley women get more than men, also I do own rather a nice large 2 bed appartment with very large terrace which i could use as collateral if I choose .i am not arrogant enough to disregard usefull informaton and to not know it all by a long way and have got some usefull information from some of you guys but some of the comments are not really necassary but thanks to you all it has been an intresting exercise.

Angusjim
22-03-2014, 12:54
[QUOTE=aquamantra;361596]I am not abbandoning any plans but realize how difficult getting a pension or b and b licence is but not immpossile as someone suggested . so i have contingency plans and options, and thanks losroques i will check the ico loan scheme out, there are also start up grants which will be paid back after initial investment and strangley women get more than men, also I do own rather a nice large 2 bed appartment with very large terrace which i could use as collateral if I choose .i am not arrogant enough to disregard usefull informaton and to not know it all by a long way and have got some usefull information from some of you guys but some of the comments are not really necassary but thanks to you all it has been an intresting exercise.[/QUOTE

I know for instance that RBS in UK are not much interested in taking your principal residence as security against business loans at the moment but banks may take a different view in Tenerife but tread very carefully with the banks liars & thieves in suits in my opinion / recent experiences

9PLUS
22-03-2014, 12:56
I am not abbandoning any plans but realize how difficult getting a pension or b and b licence is but not immpossile as someone suggested

Yeah it is impossible to obtain a license for a pension or B&B under current regulations who is telling you otherwise?

doreen
22-03-2014, 23:08
Yeah it is impossible to obtain a license for a pension or B&B under current regulations who is telling you otherwise?

Perhaps the person selling the property :(

Please do listen to 9PLUS, aquamantra … you have told us that it is not a rural property (the special case of a Casa Rural is the only way any new licence might possibly be granted), so as he says, replace "difficult" with "impossible"...

aquamantra
22-03-2014, 23:19
it has taken a while to answer i had to check everything out but yes under current legisltion you are correct but for a start that was just a part of it and as i said a possibility maybe not today but who knows.thanks mark. its not the be all and end all

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

someone told me once its not what you know etc but hey them are the old days right mark.

no i did not i said i didnt say doreen x

no i did not i said i didnt say doreen x

bonitatime
22-03-2014, 23:47
If you read the letting thread you will understand why it invokes so much weariness

AL JAY
23-03-2014, 02:26
I think its crazy on a holiday Island that you can't do B&B,Surely it would benefit tourists and residents alike in these hard times! Its as crazy as the rules that now govern Holiday letting...Only in Tenerife hey! Laws/rules and regulations/Pickpockets/Muggers/the 3 disc merchants plying their trade on a cardboard box/Hair Braiders/Lucky Lucky men all get away with breaking the law daily on a regular basis and have done for decades but woe betide anyone who has a decent business idea! Corruption rules,Always has always will! Rant over! *Shakes head*

kingbaker
23-03-2014, 02:49
I must agree the discrimination directive isn't used hardly enough. YET!:D:rolleyes::D

9PLUS
23-03-2014, 09:05
it has taken a while to answer i had to check everything out but yes under current legisltion you are correct but for a start that was just a part of it and as i said a possibility maybe not today but who knows.thanks mark. its not the be all and end all

Is this something you are about to take on if you can find a business partner/investor or something you've already invested into ?

Angusjim
23-03-2014, 10:01
Is this something you are about to take on if you can find a business partner/investor or something you've already invested into ?
Mark just PM him for more details you are obviously interested:whistle:

9PLUS
23-03-2014, 10:15
Mark just PM him for more details you are obviously interested:whistle:

zzzzzzzzzz