PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Mainland Spain for purchasing motorhomes

walesonzy
20-03-2014, 21:21
Can anyone advise me if there are any problems purchasing a motorhome or car in mainland Spain and bringing it by ferry to Tenerife. Would the vehicle have to be transfered into my name before bringing it across on the ferry ?
Are there other issues to consider before making this purchase.
Regards
Walesonxy

Andy0210
20-03-2014, 23:41
You would need to get a signed Compro / Venta and copies of the sellers passport / residencia / NIE, the transfer could then be completed here at Trafico, failing to get all of the above would create difficulties at this end when you tried to do the transfer.

Also i should add it is important to do a check to make sure the car / mobile home is free of debt, has no fines outstanding and is taxed up to date, also make sure that there are no embargos on the vehicle as anything that is outstanding is passed on to you the minute you buy it.

timmylish
21-03-2014, 04:05
You would need to get a signed Compro / Venta and copies of the sellers passport / residencia / NIE, the transfer could then be completed here at Trafico, failing to get all of the above would create difficulties at this end when you tried to do the transfer.

Also i should add it is important to do a check to make sure the car / mobile home is free of debt, has no fines outstanding and is taxed up to date, also make sure that there are no embargos on the vehicle as anything that is outstanding is passed on to you the minute you buy it.

Andy. I think that, dependant on the age of the vehicle, there may also be duty costs as when bringing new cars from the Peninsula.

walesonzy
30-03-2014, 19:42
Can you tell me how you go about finding out all these things about a motorhome, I.e
embargos, fines, free of debt etc, etc

timmylish
31-03-2014, 03:05
Would think that a decent Gestor would be able to deal with your concerns.

casabonny
31-03-2014, 12:26
Motorworld can do these checks for you