cjd01
25-03-2014, 14:01
Is this just a 'pick up' store or is it just a small Ikea? Many thanks

YOUNG GOLFER
25-03-2014, 14:04
It's a store to pick up items .

cjd01
25-03-2014, 14:16
Thanks for your swift response - guess I'll have to do some on line shopping!

doreen
26-03-2014, 11:52
They do have a very limited range of items there … and you can place your order from catalogues and arrange delivery there :)

tfs1
26-03-2014, 12:23
It is bigger than I thought, before we went I believed it was going to be just a counter to place orders and pick up pre-ordered items.

However, inside its a little more than that, it's a very mini IKEA with very limited number of items but has some kitchens, sofas, beds, dining room tables/chairs etc.

videotalker
26-03-2014, 15:28
Had a horrendous experience using this store last month. I ordered goods online, arrived on the island 2 days later and went to pick up my order. 2 items were missing (mattress and 2 chair cushions). We were told to come back the next day and they would have arrived from the north. Went back and they were not there. Because of the inconvenience, the manager of Las Chafiras store said that they would be delivered to our apartment free of charge the following evening. That did not happen and because it was Saturday and they are closed on a Sunday, we could not report this until Monday. After numerous phone calls to the north store, we were advised that they would be delivered the following evening, Tuesday. This also did not happen. Another day, another 12 or so phone calls to Ikea - we were left waiting for the delivery people to call us, and we are still waiting! Really caused a lot of stress on a weeks holiday which we could have done without! After returning to the UK the items arrived at Las Chafiras and we were asked to uplift them!!!!!!! Not a lot of good to us, so we had to make MORE phone calls to obtain a credit for the goods we did not receive! We are back over in June and I will order the goods again, but cut out the middle man and get them delivered directly to our apartment. I'm sure the system works wonderfully for the vast majority of people but after 5 FAILED deliveries, who could blame us for being annoyed?

Andy0210
26-03-2014, 22:16
Should you want to do a shopping trip for furniture i offer an Ikea Shopping Service to the one in the North if you are interested PM me, will drive you there, back, wait for you and deliver your items cheaper than the cost of a delivery from the Store in the North.
Win win situation. :)

karinagal
26-03-2014, 22:30
Should you want to do a shopping trip for furniture i offer an Ikea Shopping Service to the one in the North if you are interested PM me, will drive you there, back, wait for you and deliver your items cheaper than the cost of a delivery from the Store in the North.

That's good to know Andy

9PLUS
27-03-2014, 07:50

What size van have you got Andy?

Andy0210
30-03-2014, 02:04
Sorry only just seen this, 3.5 tonne LWB Hi Roof Peugeot Boxer.

Itīs this big. :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Peugeot_Boxer_Transporter_(seit_2006).JPG