PDA

View Full Version : Health What is the best remedy for a tickly cough?

karaokeking
26-03-2014, 11:00
Can anyone recommend a good cough medicine, that won´t cost the earth, please. If i go into the farmacia and ask the assistant, i´m sure they will try to sell me the most expensive. Thanks.

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2014, 11:15
Ron Miel is good for a cough but unf that's alcoholic so best before bed time - well it's up to you !

I found this in google for you

For common colds it is useful to have some Couldina effervescent tablets or Frenadol in store, the latter comes in individual sachets and contains caffeine to ease drowsiness. If you are an all-time Lemsip fan, we recommend Frenadol Hot Lemon as the most similar in taste. The Spanish version of Benilyn’s cough mixture and cold relief is called Bisolvon jarabe. There is also Bisolvon Solucion, drops for babies and young children.

Leam_Lin
26-03-2014, 12:05
No more singing :whistle:

canarybird
26-03-2014, 12:14
I'm an expert in stopping tickly cough. As a matter of fact I have one right now, and so do many of my friends. To stop a cough in its tracks you need a cough syrup or cough drops that contains DEXTROMETHORPHAN or in Spanish DEXTROMETORFANO. It's contained in some syrups such as: MediNait jarabe (syrup) by Vicks as well in one type of Vicks Formula 44 cough drops (hard candy-type throat lozenges). Just ask the pharmacist for a cough remedy that contains this ingredient. Works like a charm.

Frenadol is a good hot lemon cold and flu remedy. It contains Paracetamol along with Dextromethorphan and is something I always have in my medicine chest for the early stages of a cold. It's a powder which you stir into hot or warm water for a soothing drink that makes you feel better quickly.

If you have a heavy chest and need to cough up a lot of phlegm, then ask for CINFATÓS expectorante is what to ask for. It's a syrup in a bottle with a little measuring cup and recommended is 10 ml every 8 hours. Hope you feel better!

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2014, 12:22
OH DEAR what happened?????

Hiccups ??:D

That frenadol stuff is brilliant there's another one in sachets with a pair of lungs on the wrappers but I can't think what it's called

canarybird
26-03-2014, 12:23
Yeah....trying to delete and edit and it just keeps posting all versions. Sorry about that!!:o

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2014, 12:40
Fluimacil ! that's what it is called

delderek
26-03-2014, 12:41
Try Pholcodine liquid. That is a generic name and not a brand name. So it should be available in Tenerife. It is really cheap in the UK.

canarybird
26-03-2014, 13:18
Here are pics of the products I recommend. The cough drops which contain Dextromethorphan are called "Vicks Formula Tus Pastillas".

Useful to have in your pocket if you are out and need to stop a cough. Otherwise the Vicks syrup has the same effect and is good especially at night.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-xCSQW4z/0/M/Vicks%20Formula%20Tus-M.jpg

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-dzZ6rLN/0/M/P1210795-M.jpg

26-03-2014, 13:30
Yeah....trying to delete and edit and it just keeps posting all versions. Sorry about that!!:o
Tidied up.............

John_Graydon
26-03-2014, 20:34
If Ron don't work A Drambuie will work for sure. Always get a bottle on the way back from Tenerife for the sore throat.

Malteser Monkey
31-10-2014, 14:03
I think herbal tea is good.
I mostly use herbal tea when I suffer from cough, flu, and cold.
I make herbal tea at home. The ingredient of this herbal tea are honey, violet(Banafsha), cinnamon, and licorice root.

So it's herbal tea then - not just tea:wink2:

sweetheart
31-10-2014, 14:33
Ron Miel.. is better than any cough medicine.. all the singers drink it.. I swear by it...

macdonald5
31-10-2014, 14:36
A cough bottle with codeine in it is only think that stops the annoying barking cough I sometimes get
Codeine is addictive so shouldn't be taken for long