PDA

View Full Version : Other Is the Tenerife Weekly still being published?

DeeD
28-03-2014, 13:15
What's happened to the Tenerife Weekly. We have been unable to get it for the last 4 weeks. Is it still being published?

JaBBa
28-03-2014, 14:02
Website still online....

http://www.tenerife-weekly.com/

LUCKY
28-03-2014, 14:03
What's happened to the Tenerife Weekly. We have been unable to get it for the last 4 weeks. Is it still being published?
Are they on vacation again ! :flatcap:

TenerifeTeddy
28-03-2014, 14:19
3 weeks ago they announced on FaceBook that they had distribution problems, but only for that week. I haven't heard anything since, and no deliveries of the paper to our shop for 3 weeks now.

kingbaker
28-03-2014, 14:52
Is that 'Weekly' or Weakly'?:p:(

delderek
28-03-2014, 16:29
Website still online....

But not this weeks edition yet!

JaBBa
28-03-2014, 17:08
But not this weeks edition yet!

Must be the internet so slooow here lol

TenerifeTeddy
28-03-2014, 22:39
We got an unsolicited email with their advertising rates last week, fat chance if they can't get the paper out.

delderek
29-03-2014, 18:11
Still no current edition on line. Is it finished?

TenerifeTeddy
29-03-2014, 21:27
I just found this on their FaceBook page

Dear Readers,
As most of you are now aware, we have been experiencing some problems with our distributor over this past week. Because of this ongoing situation we have decided to extend our scheduled hiatus by a week, meaning we won’t be printing this week.
The paper was due to take its bi-annual two week break on March 21st, which coincides every year with the arrival of “Soul In The Sun” at Vivo, we will now use this time to resolve these distribution issues and will return with Issue 120 of the Tenerife Weekly on Friday April 4th.
In the meantime we would like to thank our readers for their ongoing support and look forward to returning in 3 weeks.
See You Then!!

DeeD
05-04-2014, 20:52
Did anyone see a Tenerife Weekly this weekend?

LUCKY
05-04-2014, 22:57
They are here somewhere , please investigate AND please report back :flatcap:

https://www.facebook.com/TenerifeWeekly

TenerifeTeddy
06-04-2014, 00:05
Have seen online articles from them this week, but still no delivery to our shop this week.

seanocelt
06-04-2014, 01:37
all it does is promote its own venue anyway so i miss it not a jot

junglejim
06-04-2014, 10:40
"Vivo la Quinta Brigada!" Sean ???

seanocelt
06-04-2014, 12:33
"Vivo la Quinta Brigada!" Sean ???

Doh! Hope they are dancing in the streets of Raith the night!

YOUNG GOLFER
07-04-2014, 00:23
This must be the "WORST" free paper on this island, as Seanocelt says it is a self promoting advert for Vivo,s , Decades and sound of music!!!!!
You have to look at it from both sides though.......if for example it was my paper.....and no one paid to advertise I would use that space to advertise my other business.
People here want something for nothing.

LUCKY
07-04-2014, 10:27
Is it me :flatcap:Don't appear to get a picture :newspaper:

garlicbread
07-04-2014, 10:47
all it does is promote its own venue anyway so i miss it not a jot

Absolutely, it is certainly not a newspaper, and it's a poor excuse for a comic

Krisstina
07-04-2014, 16:08
Me neither ????

Tenerife Weekly
21-04-2014, 13:11
We’re Back!
Well after our extended hiatus, during which there were many questions asked and much speculation, I am happy to announce that on Friday 2nd May, issue 120 of the Tenerife Weekly will be in print!
So, why the delay? Quite simply, we decided we had to make some changes and wanted to make sure we were making the right ones. The Tenerife Weekly is a newspaper that we hope provides residents and tourists with news and information in an enjoyable and entertaining way, the perfect accompaniment to a day on the beach or breakfast on the balcony. It is also a promotional tool for our sister business, Vivo/Treasure Island, something we have never made any secret of.
However, we were increasingly finding that, after printing every week, many issues were not making it to the readers, and upon investigation, we found this to be true of many of the English newspapers here in Tenerife, countless copies were simply not being read and were going to waste.
After careful consideration of these facts, we have decided to print twice a month for the foreseeable future, giving us more time to come up with the kind of newspaper many of you enjoy and, more importantly to make sure that every single issue goes into the hands of the reader instead of cast aside, unread. Better for us, better for our advertisers and better for you in the long run we think.

Muppet
21-04-2014, 13:43
So, improvement #1 will be a name change from the Tenerife Weekly, to the Tenerife Fortnightly presumably, closely followed by another to Vivo Weekly/Fortnightly ?

honda
21-04-2014, 17:06
Every two weeks, what a shame. I look forward to reading Tenerife Weekly every Saturday morning, have really missed it lately.
Best free newspaper here. No John Sharples to read at breakfast.... Back to uk papers then.

LUCKY
21-04-2014, 21:15
Tenerife Weekly
Tenerife, Spain

Tenerife Weekly is Tenerife´s Biggest Free weekly newspaper.

Covering all the local, national and world news.

We have a weekly print run of 8,000 copies. :flatcap::flatcap:

www.tenerife-weekly.com

kathml
21-04-2014, 21:39
If much prefer either island connections or Tenerife news as reading material
Elusually glacé through CW and then bin it never take it home

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Tenerife Weekly
Tenerife, Spain

Tenerife Weekly is Tenerife´s Biggest Free weekly newspaper.

Covering all the local, national and world news.

We have a weekly print run of 8,000 copies. :flatcap::flatcap:

www.tenerife-weekly.com

That equates to a lot of toile paper once it's cut into squares lol

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 19:00
We have to remember that all businesses are under financial pressure and more so ones like advertising. As they are one of the first budgets to be cut. Each business needs to promote itself when its quiet, but when a long recession comes along, its easy to make mistakes. Most business owners dont have a business degree or diploma and are mostly ill equipped to deal with such a recession.

The banks are likely to be of little help in these circumstances.

From what I've hear lots of formerly successfull people find themselves up to their
you-know-whats in debt with little or no income. Unemployment benefits in Spain are pathetic and so people often have no choice but to "leggit" back to uk or wherever leaving debts behind.
Im not making excuses for bad behaviour but suffice to say that any business that is struggling to survive should at least get our verbal support rather than our criticism. Even if we don't use their service.
Only saying like!!!!:)

seaboy
28-04-2014, 17:42
I would be glad to see it back as I do enjoy the crosswords. That is something we don't get from the Canarian Weekly.

YOUNG GOLFER
28-04-2014, 22:48
Think some of us are being a little hard on this newspaper.
They took the time to post on here telling us their reasons for this and that .......and sounds like it will be back.
In fact tenerife weekly pop down to my office and if a deal can benefit us both then I just might advertise.

Thing is with some of us Brits we still moan if something is free.......and that's very sad.

I have many a person ask for this paper and all they really care a about is rather than buying a paper everyday at 2euros a go they want the TV guide for the next week FREE.

warbey
29-04-2014, 20:59

There's nothing worse than putting effort into Content, articles etc and Presentation

then finding Your efforts dumped in a Skip. This is after the efforts of going to Print.

Good to see a factual and courteous reply on here. I too wish Them the best of Luck!.

seanocelt
01-06-2014, 20:07
gotta say its made a great comeback, full of reading material now, well done to them

kingbaker
01-06-2014, 23:09
gotta say its made a great comeback, full of reading material now, well done to them

Thats good to hear.;)

johnr
02-06-2014, 12:54
went to the website via the link posted earlier seems a little out of date?

Chine
02-06-2014, 19:34
went to the website via the link posted earlier seems a little out of date?

I couldn't tell you about the website but I brought a copy of the paper home yesterday as I hadn't read it , I will let you know

Chine
03-06-2014, 20:02
I finally got round to reading it last night and it was a real good read lots of good articles as Seanocelt said earlier well done