PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Is there an 'off peak' electric tarif in Tenerife?

danno
30-03-2014, 23:39
Just wondered if electric was cheaper in off peak hours in tenerife & if so, does anyone have more info on when those hours are & what the savings might be
Cheers

chifleta
31-03-2014, 13:20
Hi, I've just recently changed to a new dual meter - supposedly cheaper between 10pm and midday and 11pm to 1pm summertime.... only had a partial bill so far, but looks like i'm saving approx. 10 to 15 euros off 1 months bill... if that's the case, i'll be happy.
9PLUS is the brain in all this sort of thing.... ;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

p.s. I can tell you for sure if I'm saving a decent amount in 2 months time when I get a full bill LOL

danno
31-03-2014, 16:54
chifleta thanks for that, I was kind of hoping the system was simplified. i.e all meters will turn over to cheap rate at a certain time like they do in Italy for example. But I guess the meters here are not that sophisticated or its just not implemented. But I will think about the dual meter when we hear back from you. Thanks for your input.

chifleta
01-04-2014, 12:41
chifleta thanks for that, I was kind of hoping the system was simplified. i.e all meters will turn over to cheap rate at a certain time like they do in Italy for example. But I guess the meters here are not that sophisticated or its just not implemented. But I will think about the dual meter when we hear back from you. Thanks for your input.

Yes it does, but you have to contact Unelco so that they come swap your old meter for one of the new fandangled ones :) for free (so they say... I haven't had a nasty surprise as of yet) ... Hubby went to the offices in Las Americas (now near Gran Sur) and asked them, and literally two days later they came and swapped the meter, we were for once impressed, although hubby wasn't so impressed when they decided not to even knock on our door first to tell him they were going to turn the electric off for 10 mins ... he was on the computer at the time grrrr....