PDA

View Full Version : Relocation If I was a bird

jph
01-04-2014, 02:28
I sat outside the holliday apartment in Los Cristianos and watched a tiny house sparrow with a spanish temper. I thought to myself, If I was a bird I would also move here. The next thought was - but I could rent some metal wings.

In 2 weeks my wife and I feel completely in love with Tenerife. The mountains, the water, weather, people, food, landscape. I can work from anywhere as long as there's internet (audio/video production) and she can manage her company remotely. Not entirely yet - but for the next couple of years we will be working towards that goal.

Glad to have found this forum and we're still going through the goldmine of info. But we will be back with a lot of questions.

/jph

Malteser Monkey
01-04-2014, 09:39
:welcome: from me

bring on the questions:crazy:

LUCKY
01-04-2014, 09:46
And a big :welcome:from me:flatcap:

amanda
01-04-2014, 10:18
I sat outside the holliday apartment in Los Cristianos and watched a tiny house sparrow with a spanish temper. I thought to myself, If I was a bird I would also move here. The next thought was - but I could rent some metal wings.

In 2 weeks my wife and I feel completely in love with Tenerife. The mountains, the water, weather, people, food, landscape. I can work from anywhere as long as there's internet (audio/video production) and she can manage her company remotely. Not entirely yet - but for the next couple of years we will be working towards that goal.

Glad to have found this forum and we're still going through the goldmine of info. But we will be back with a lot of questions.

/jphwhats a spanish temper

Malteser Monkey
01-04-2014, 10:29
whats a spanish temper

waving it's wings around a lot and tweeting loudly :lol:

jph
01-04-2014, 14:28
whats a spanish temper

Very animated and high on life - which is not seen on our usual danish house sparrows.

/JPH

John_Graydon
01-04-2014, 18:19
Wish you the best in your Quest. We get away to Tenerife every Jan and always say we would love to stay more than a month, even relocate.
Oh and if your in the market for any birds, let me know..lol

essexeddie
01-04-2014, 20:05
Yup I agree its very nice in Tenerife, we spend five months here (just under the limit)
But we still like the UK. Its nice to come and go, then you appreciate things more.

jph
01-04-2014, 22:16
First couple of questions. We are probably looking going to rent a house for the first year, then maybe buy or build. We've been arround the whole island and are probably looking for something in the south - with easy and short access to the sea.

1 - We liked Calle Salvaje & San Juan - Any cons to those places?
2 - From Adeje to Los Gigantos - are there much of a price difference?
3 - Where does one go for the best selection of houses to rent in those areas (for now to see the price range) ?

/JPH

essexeddie
02-04-2014, 16:36
1. Out of both I would go for San Juan but that's just personal.
But I would suggest that you rent first to get the feel of any area.
Cant help with 2 and 3 as I am quite happy and settled in LC. Others may be of help.