PDA

View Full Version : Other What's it like in Parque Santiago II?

flinders124
01-04-2014, 14:20
anyone stayed at Parque Santiago II whats it like

John_Graydon
01-04-2014, 18:22
If you don't get any replies you can always check out trip advisor, as I use them all the time.

essexeddie
01-04-2014, 18:51
I stayed there years ago whilst moving and it was fine, good position with plenty on.

AL JAY
01-04-2014, 19:15
anyone stayed at Parque Santiago II whats it like

PS2 is situated in one of the best locations in PDLA lovely apartments,pool area etc well looked after and a one minute walk to the beach /Patch area with some fantastic Restaurantes attached eg Montana and El Cedro i have stayed there at least 20 times over the years...But and its a big but... Due to the crazy new laws that were introduced a couple of years ago they are now classed as residencial and that also applies next door at PS1 so it is illegal now to stay there as a short term holiday let!

If you do find an apartment to rent,you are not breaking any laws but the owner could receive a hefty fine,its just plain crazy that on a beautiful holiday island that 2 apartment complexes that have catered for 100s of thousands of happy holiday makers since the 80s are now off limits!!!

The business's in the surrounding area in Centro Las Americas have suffered massively with the loss of thousands of tourists since the laws came into force

The laws were first introduced in 1995 but were ignored for 15 years, while everywhere was hustle & bustle and everywhere was busy they were completely ignored but as soon as the recession started to bite and more Hotels and operators decided to go all inclusive,The big boys decided to act and enforce the archaic non workable law and 17 inspectors started to check out Complexes that were not deemed touristic and issue heavy fines,it is still ongoing!

ps ...I have stayed in PS2 since the ban with no problems as some of my family live there :wink::wink2::sunburn::cheers::cheers::surfer::sur fer: Only in Tenerife eh!

Chine
01-04-2014, 19:39
We stayed there quite a few years ago and it was very good , as indicated earlier plenty to do down there , some relatives of mine stayed there for 3weeks jan14 and had a lovely time everything on their doorstep.