PDA

View Full Version : Wanted I'm looking to rent a Bar/Cafeteria in south Tenerife.

brifra
04-04-2014, 09:33
I am looking for a bar cafeteria
In puerto colon, san eugenio bajo, torviscas bajo
No more than €1000, 00 p.m.

TenerifeTeddy
04-04-2014, 13:48
Hi brifra and welcome to the forum.
I am sure you will get no end of people wanting to rent you "the pèrfect bar". This is an absolute minefield. Please be careful and really really do your research, it is so easy to get ripped off and lose all your money.There are no end of threads on this subject but good luck and good hunting.

bonitatime
04-04-2014, 21:06
Please think very very carefully
We will all be fairly negative on here about wanting to rent a bar as our experience is people get caught in terrible messes when they rent a bar here

LUCKY
04-04-2014, 21:16
http://tenerifeestateagents.net/bars-for-sale-in-tenerife-warning/
please read.

slodgedad
04-04-2014, 21:25
Do it a though you were in the UK. (Proper searches, solicitors etc.)
So many people buy with cash to save a few bob and then find they have nothing.
I remember an illegal bar, that was doing well in Coral Mar square in the early 90s that was sold for 24,000 quid (cash in a bag) and within 2 months was closed. If the buyer had researched they would have found out that not only that the local had no opening licence but they could have rented the locale for 300 a month.

It doesn't happen as much these days, but there are still sharks about.

I always asked people that if they had been offered a house in the UK for half it's worth, provided it was cash today, would they buy? Of course they wouldn't, so why should Tenerife be any different?

Whatever you are buying approach it with the same head as you would in the UK. It's amazing how many leave their sensible head at home when the sun is shining.

brifra
05-04-2014, 09:23
I know there are still sharks outthere
But there is not a big diference abouth my country or tenerife
Every country has his sharks
The diference is in my country you get a mortgage and in tenerife you don't

Thank you for the warnings

OTE=slodgedad;364161]Do it a though you were in the UK. (Proper searches, solicitors etc.)
So many people buy with cash to save a few bob and then find they have nothing.
I remember an illegal bar, that was doing well in Coral Mar square in the early 90s that was sold for 24,000 quid (cash in a bag) and within 2 months was closed. If the buyer had researched they would have found out that not only that the local had no opening licence but they could have rented the locale for 300 a month.

It doesn't happen as much these days, but there are still sharks about.

I always asked people that if they had been offered a house in the UK for half it's worth, provided it was cash today, would they buy? Of course they wouldn't, so why should Tenerife be any different?

Whatever you are buying approach it with the same head as you would in the UK. It's amazing how many leave their sensible head at home when the sun is shining.[/QUOTE]