PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anyone heard of Legalitis Legal Services in Los Cristianos?

fifibegg
04-04-2014, 16:22
Hi Everyone ive just joined your forum as I need your help
in trying to trace Legalitis Legal Services in Los Cristianos (if they exist)
My 80 year old Father has been supposedly selling his timeshares through this company and keeping it very secretive, however
I have found out today he has just paid them yet another large sum of money and I strongly suspect he is being conned. I have
the name of the solicitor he is dealing with but cant find the company or the solicitor in any internet search so now don't even know
if they exist? My Father is ill with worry as he has now paid thousands and has been told the timeshares are sold and the money
he is paying is legal fees. Has anyone heard of this company and if so are they reliable, I don't want to post the solicitors name on here
until I find out if he even exists. I would be so grateful of any help as I live in the UK. Thankyou Fiona

casabonny
04-04-2014, 16:51
I am afraid it sounds like a scam.nAme the solicitor and someone may know who he/she is.

Tom & Sharon
04-04-2014, 16:58
http://www.pi-legalservices.com

http://mindtimeshare.me/2012/08/10/pi-legal-service-a-new-cold-caller-to-help-you-reclaiming-money/

Is it these?

fifibegg
04-04-2014, 17:21
I am afraid it sounds like a scam.nAme the solicitor and someone may know who he/she is.

Hi Thankyou very much for replying and I agree I think it is a scam. I don't want to put the solicitors name on the public site just incase there is a small chance it isn't a scam and he gets annoyed and doesn't pay the money. I will try and send you a private message with his name. I am so worried for my parents its a terrible thing for someone to do to old people

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi thankyou very much for replying I have had a look through your helpful links and although it sounds like what has happened to my parents I don't recognise the names. I don't want to name the apparent solicitor yet incase its not a scam which I strongly think it is. I have phoned the business directory in Tenerife and Los Cristianos and also two reputable Solicitors and no one has heard of Legalitis or the solicitor my Father has been dealing with. I feel so sorry for my parents my Father is devastated.

doreen
04-04-2014, 18:11
Just found this online - similar name but not much information on the page and nothing in English

http://landings.abogados.legalitas.com/index.php?s=BUSCADORES&o=GOOGLE&wkwd=%2Blegalitas&wad=36363449714&wadg=TOP%20Adgroup%20-%20Marca%20-%20Asesor&wmatch=b&wdt=c&wcmp=Search%20-%20Marca%20912%20013%20911%20y%20915589479%20(móvi l)&wpos=1t1&wexp=&gclid=COrCi-Gnx70CFYbMtAodx3gAmw&utm_campaign=Captacion&utm_content=SEM&utm_term=Google&utm_medium=SEM&utm_source=Buscadores

Norm de Plume
05-04-2014, 10:52
Legalitas say they guarantee your money back if not satisfied!

fifibegg
05-04-2014, 10:56
G Chotrani is the name that my Father sent some of his money to, supposed to be a Notarie in Los Cristianos and money was for the legal fees, went to the La Caixa bank in Avenida Juan Carlos. I have done a lot of searches and cant find a Notarie by this name. Also is there such a place as Legal Depository Services, Avda. Juan Carlos 1, 52 Los Christianos as this is the address my Dad was given. Thankyou

Hi They all say this even the scammers and its spelt Legalitis with an I not an a, I strongly suspect they don't exist and the Man running it is a crook conning old people out of money, Have you heard of a Notarie called G Chotrani? Thankyou

lots of interesting info, but I cant find any of the names im looking for thankyou

chifleta
05-04-2014, 14:27
Just found this online - similar name but not much information on the page and nothing in English

http://landings.abogados.legalitas.com/index.php?s=BUSCADORES&o=GOOGLE&wkwd=%2Blegalitas&wad=36363449714&wadg=TOP%20Adgroup%20-%20Marca%20-%20Asesor&wmatch=b&wdt=c&wcmp=Search%20-%20Marca%20912%20013%20911%20y%20915589479%20(móvi l)&wpos=1t1&wexp=&gclid=COrCi-Gnx70CFYbMtAodx3gAmw&utm_campaign=Captacion&utm_content=SEM&utm_term=Google&utm_medium=SEM&utm_source=Buscadores

This company is bonafide. They don't have offices, we dealt with them over the phone for a couple of years.

This company is bonafide. They don't have offices, we dealt with them over the phone for a couple of years.

Not that i'm saying they're good - only used them once for a certificate needed.

I haven't time to read right through as i'm just off to work, I did a google search and G Chotrani comes up on this page :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4609084-o40-Worldwide_global_marketing_s_l_selling_phoenix_tra vel_club-Bargain_Travel.html

copied and pasted:

Tall1e
Alsager, United...
48. Re: worldwide global marketing s.l. selling phoenix travel club
Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 AM

Subject: Worldwide Marketing/Worldwide Markting

Location: Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, Europe

Title: Avoid Worldwide Marketing/Worldwide Markting like the PLAGUE!!!!!

ID#: 152245255

I booked a 4 week stay at the Cristian Sur with Worldwide Marketing/Worldwide Markting which they cleverly called Christian Sur(typo error they said) in April 2012 for 4 weeks for a studio in the Cristian Sur complex, from Jan 5th.2013, - room # 1525 they said. On arrival the receptionist did not recognise the booking! they do not have studios there & all their room # have 3 digits only. The receptionist checked through the list of owners for the name G.Chotrani, but they have no such owner with that name. This was the name Worldwide Marketing/Worldwide Markting gave me to send the balance to via Bank Transfer. My contacts were debbiehughes130******.com , Gary Thomas on 02031377186 & Mark? on 02031376349. They said that they had offices in London but I believe they must be operating out of Los Cristianos as the G.Chotrani bank transfer was made to La Caixa Bank in Los Cristianos. I have not completed the review for the Cristian Sur as I only stayed there on arrival until I could make alternative arrangements.

This was a total scam which cost €740 plus an additional £930 to arrange alternative accomodation after we arrived. These people advertised on Owners Direct, but no longer do so, at least not under the name Worldwide Marketing/Worldwide Markting.

I have purposefully only used names given to me in correspondence so as not to confuse with any other companies having a similar name.

fifibegg
06-04-2014, 18:02
Hi Everyone, Some of you have maybe seen my previous post a few days ago about my Parents being scammed by an alledged company in Los Cristianos called Legalitis (not to be confused with Legalitus) I can but thank everyone who has replyed so far especially Sharon who has been a lifeline to me.
In my initial post I didn't want to say any names as if the people had been genuine I would have done them an injustice, however I am now 100% sure they are a ring of crooks operating out of Los Cristianos and scamming people trying to sell timeshares. My Father over the past few weeks has paid them over £4000 pounds, the money has been getting paid into La Caixa Bank (Banco Santander) Avenida Juan Carlos, he has paid in several large amounts to who he thought and was told were Notarys dealing with his timeshare resale, the names of the alledged Notarys were G Chotrani and W Wadhwani. The name of the alledged solicitor he was dealing with was a Mr Sol Jani and his secretary was an English Middle aged woman called Catherine Ferguson, however this woman also initially told him her name was Claire and on another occasion said she was married to a Spanish man.
Apart from their names all we have are two mobile numbers (which my Dad believed were land line office numbers) and an email address.
If anyone has heard of any of these people or know anything about them (they have possibly made up their names however the Notary ones must be legit as the money went to them.) Please can you let me know.
My sincere thanks to everyone for reading and again thankyou so much Sharon for your advice and contact numbers of a good genuine solicitor.

karinagal
06-04-2014, 18:13
I hope the scumbags get what's coming to them - karma can be a real bitch and what goes around comes around.. So, so sorry to hear that your poor Dad has been suffering at the hands of these lowlifes.. Here's hoping your new solicitor gets it sorted for him..

melm
06-04-2014, 18:33
and the same thoughts from me. Hope you get a satisfactory outcome .

Goo luck

warbey
06-04-2014, 18:48

I seem to remember a few Years ago Someone got conned out of thousands bya Person who pretended to be a Solicitor.

The circumstances described seem similar and maybe the Name Ferguson too.

I don't know what the Outcome was, but think it wasn't favourable.

I do hope these Leeches are sorted as in My Book they are Scum.

Good Luck and glad You prevented any further money losses......

essexeddie
06-04-2014, 19:54
You have to be on guard all the time, I don't know how they get away with it.
Best of luck/