PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Where to meet expats living in Tenerife ?

therealpopeye
05-04-2014, 14:06
Hello everyone

I hope the weather is being kind to those of you in Tenerife at present ... I'm sure it's a damn sight better than cloudy, drizzly cool (that's the proper use of the word 'cool' and not the overused improper one!) Glasgow.

After toying with the idea for long enough, I'm going to move out to Tenerife around June 2014. The last time I tried my flight was diverted to Alicante and I ended up spending 5 months there instead (actually I boarded the Alicante flight voluntarily!) Anyway, that's another story.

Firstly, I'm trying to decide between renting a studio or 1 bed apartment in Los Cristianos/Las Americas - even San Eugenio if I take my walking boots with me - or a 2 bed apartment in Adeje town (good views) or Las Galletas - I enjoy cycling so the trip up to Guaza and down to Los Cristianos could be possible. It would be good to meet both Canarians and some Brit expats or anyone else who speaks English while I refine my rudimentary Spanish. It would be good to meet new people certainly initially, which is why Los Cristianos or thereabouts could be a good plan, although longer term perhaps a step away from the tourist traps may be preferable. Not sure yet. Most days I'll want to sit at a cafe working on my computer, so a good wifi spot would be useful.

I'm 43 and single with no wife or kids in tow. So, any suggestions of where to meet up with others in a similar situation in their 30's / 40's + eg. Popular quiz nights, popular expat bars, other regular events ?

Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Gary :hello:

LUCKY
05-04-2014, 14:29
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?27615-Are-there-certain-areas-to-live-in-Tenerife-where-there-are-expats

:flatcap: