PDA

View Full Version : We have just returned from our first trip to Tenerife.

jv666
08-04-2014, 23:45
Just returned from our 1st trip to tenerife.

I have to say we were very impressed, stayed at the compostela beach apartments (just behind the royal gardens) the area was very nice, the wife was very impressed with the shopping centres etc.

Found the complex itself very nice but the apartment was a bit basic (cant complain for £300 for a week)

will definitely be returning next year. :)

The weather was very hot for the 1st 3 days but bit cloudy after that (still got a good tan)

Is this weather the norm for March or is similar all year round.

Thanks

junglejim
09-04-2014, 07:12
Glad you enjoyed your stay ! The weather has been about average I would say , though a little bit colder at night this year . That's a good flat area with plenty of shops and restaurants to choose from though it is a little more expensive than some other parts IMO .
Shame your apartment was a bit basic for the money , usually you can look around and " network" with other holidaymakers to find upgraded accommodation with better facilities .
Whoever you booked with , let them know your opinion , it helps put pressure on to get people to improve their property !

Angusjim
09-04-2014, 07:24
I have found weather to be cloudy a lot during recent visits as have many others there is a thread about this somewhere:)

junglejim
09-04-2014, 07:52
AJ don't you be bringing any of your effing rain this week! The weather has settled down nicely , see you at weekend !

warbey
09-04-2014, 20:24
I reckon It's about average but a bit chilly at Night.

We were There Feb=Mar and the Fourteen Days had only One iffy one.

Glad You enjoyed it.

marbro8
09-04-2014, 22:56
hi JV:wave:, we stayed there a couple of years ago with the family, not through choice, but it was the only place that we could get 12 of us in one place at the same time:laugh:, they stayed in one of the villas and we had a 1 bed room that took us back to the 70's:(, great views from the balcony over the sea and just above my old mate bob and jess at redarrow:wink:, if they spent about €5000 on a refit the room could take thousands of euros more, but the villa that my sis in law had was next to the teenage family from hell:mad:, arguing and smashing things till 4am in the morning for most of the holiday, until we tracked down their parents and told them we could get them evicted if we complained, they calmed down a bit but not much:mad:, we were actually glad of the 70's room in the end, at least we where away from it:laugh:but you couldn't escape them around the pool area sitting drinking cans of beer in the pool, throwing balls and inflatables shouting and swearing:nono:, never again will i subject ourselves to that, we have all agreed to go together in october but we are hiring our own villa with own pool, whatever the cost:wink:

jv666
10-04-2014, 05:13
Marbro8 it did feel a little but dated but we still had a great time. will definitely be back next year. We had a look around a few different apartments and liked the look of parque santiago 3.

What time of the year would you recommend february/march/april for the weather.

Vortex Wake
10-04-2014, 07:43
Marbro8 it did feel a little but dated but we still had a great time. will definitely be back next year. We had a look around a few different apartments and liked the look of parque santiago 3.

What time of the year would you recommend february/march/april for the weather.

April has the added bonus of the clock change - so more evening daylight. I was out in January and the weather was good as in getting a tan and swimming in the sea etc. Just back again after 2 weeks and had some great cloudless sky weather.