PDA

View Full Version : Health Can I still use my EHIC card in Tenerife?

karaokeking
10-04-2014, 13:13
My partner is worried about a small growth on her ear. Can someone tell me if she can go to the Quiron Hospital in Las Americas, can she just show her E111 card, or do you have to pay. Also, i have read the posts on pensioners prescription, what dictates the colour, for the prescriptions. thank you.

lapalma
10-04-2014, 14:28
Health card E111 long gone,you now need EH1C.Doubt if you will get anything FREE with the EH1C .

kingbaker
10-04-2014, 15:38
Ehic is for emergency treatment only. The definition can be loose though!

warbey
10-04-2014, 19:00

If You are Residencia I doubt if an EHIC would do anyway
Ive bumped this Post up as Someone will know more, if They see it.

languagefan
10-04-2014, 19:51
The Eu. Health card will not help as the growth will not be considered an emergency by any standard.
If u r a resident and have a Spanish tarjeta sanitario u can go to ur GP, and ask to be referred to a surgeon. It may take a few months of referral, evaluation and subsequent booking for surgical excision.
If u don't have the above then u need to opt for private options which should not be that expensive taking in to account that it should be a very small growth: local anaesthesia + resection.
I somehow think it'd be even easier to opt for the private option at the green hospital (hospital sur), for it will be quicker, hence immediate peace of mind.
Good luck anyway

karaokeking
11-04-2014, 11:44
Sorry i meant EH1C. thanks anyway.

Belinda
03-05-2014, 22:16
Think you need to take this growth very seriously. My sister has just discovered one on her ear and has been fast-tracked through the NHS to remove it and test it (she lives in the UK) and I'm afraid it's not good news. So get it checked out properly and promptly, whatever way that may be.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Think you need to take this growth very seriously. My sister has just discovered one on her ear and has been fast-tracked through the NHS to remove it and test it (she lives in the UK) and I'm afraid it's not good news. So get it checked out properly and promptly, whatever way that may be.

junglejim
14-05-2014, 09:41
The latest video advice on EHIC from British Embassy - very simplistic and short on essential advice - what are these people doing with their time and wasting our taxes ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6C5hPc4N4

Also available on another popular blogspot JA !

kingbaker
14-05-2014, 11:16
The latest video advice on EHIC from British Embassy - very simplistic and short on essential advice - what are these people doing with their time and wasting our taxes ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6C5hPc4N4

Also available on another popular blogspot JA !

I should be charging for my advice

If you get a boil on your bum......its NOT an emergency...so not covered by EHIC.
Geddit,
however
if I get a boil on my bum , then it is an EMERGENCY cause 'I'm worth it'
Dont know why you're being obstreperous really!!:p

And why would the British Embassy care about your bum. Havent they got bigger ones to worry about.:D
Dear oh Dear oh Dear!!!!!