PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Flexi flights might work out cheaper to Tenerife

green1960
14-04-2014, 20:14
I have been helping my brother in law book some flights this weekend to Lanzarote in the summer holidays. They were £340 each plus bags and seats. We decided to book flexi flights with Easyjet for different dates 2 weeks earlier than they wanted to travel, and it was £212 each, including bags seats speedy boarding etc. You then change the flights 24 hours later to the dates you want to travel within a four week period with no extra charge. These flights would have cost him over £1500 and instead they cost £850.

I have checked Tenerife flights om the same basis, but it does not seem any cheaper to use this method. Must just be on certain routes, but thought it was worth sharing.

TOTO 99
14-04-2014, 20:44
I have been helping my brother in law book some flights this weekend to Lanzarote in the summer holidays. They were £340 each plus bags and seats. We decided to book flexi flights with Easyjet for different dates 2 weeks earlier than they wanted to travel, and it was £212 each, including bags seats speedy boarding etc. You then change the flights 24 hours later to the dates you want to travel within a four week period with no extra charge. These flights would have cost him over £1500 and instead they cost £850.

I have checked Tenerife flights om the same basis, but it does not seem any cheaper to use this method. Must just be on certain routes, but thought it was worth sharing.

What happens if the flight you really wanted fills up?

green1960
14-04-2014, 20:49
As long as there is availability on the flight you want to change to, there is no problem. We checked and there was definitely at least 40 seats on each of the flights.

kathml
14-04-2014, 20:54
Probably an anomaly which will be adjusted by the next time. You book enjoy while you can lol

Susief
14-04-2014, 21:06
I did it in Dec one way and only paid £79 which included my case. I waited 24 hours and changed it. Think it was 1 week before and 3 weeks after that you could change it.

green1960
14-04-2014, 21:07
I was looking at these flexi flights last summer, but never booked any, so they have been about for quite a while. They do not make Tenerife flights any cheaper, but Lanzaorote was much cheaper, and if I remember rightly last summer we were looking at one of the Greek islands. Here is the link from Easyjet.

http://support.easyjet.com/case-5104