PDA

View Full Version : Gran sur movies. Why are the ads never right?

henry
16-04-2014, 19:17
yesterday and this morning check what movies showing at gran sur in english!! and oh boy!!!! captain america in english!! i´m so there!! so i left home and got there at 3pm. there was a big line waiting. so i stood there and behind me a family of 5 with kids wanted to see captain america chould see the kids acting the same as me lol... oh boy!!! getting closer and closer to bu the ticket and... yeah!!!! after waiting for 45mins in line it my turn. one for captain america in english please. the cashier said sorry we took that off 2 days ago... huh?? ?????? but your site does said it playing now at 4pm. he reply no sorry. boy i was so upset and disapponintment. i told him why can´t there be a sign on the window saying not showing it. he just keep saying sorry. even the family of 5 was disguse. i feel sorry for the kids so excited to see it included me. to wait 45 mins in line to find out not showing it. man!! gran sur you need to do something i don´t know how many people wanting to see it but you lost 6 customers i know who wanting to see it. even you can clearly see it does said it showing now on their site. NOT COOL!!! :mad: here the site it does said it showing now!! http://english.ccgransur.com/

essexeddie
16-04-2014, 20:22
Its Tenerife. What do you expect. They cant get nothing right I'm afraid, but we still like it.

marbro8
16-04-2014, 20:27
buy the dvd henry and watch it at home;)

JaBBa
16-04-2014, 21:09
Or xbmc box...

henry
16-04-2014, 21:25

i might do that. just have to wait a few months when it comes out.

marbro8
16-04-2014, 22:20
we have a nano box, got it off e-bay and we can watch almost anything in either hd or 3d, paid £50 for it and it just streams off the internet;)

Ecky Thump
16-04-2014, 22:38

Or try Afdah.com and watch it for nothing.:wink:

junglejim
17-04-2014, 08:43
Just learn Spanish Henry and you can go to all the films !!

Foz
17-04-2014, 08:56
Going to the cinema is the one thing I miss from the uk. It's never quite as good watching at home. In my opinion gran sur are missing out on a lot of business from the English speaking population. They rarely change the films and seem to put the original version films on at odd times. Watching your favorite actors dubbed into Spanish just spoils it for me!

chifleta
17-04-2014, 13:36
Just learn Spanish Henry and you can go to all the films !!

I speak fluent (ish) Spanish, but sometimes like to go and see a film in V.O. ... so I can understand the frustration, especially when they advertise erroneously :/

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Going to the cinema is the one thing I miss from the uk. It's never quite as good watching at home. In my opinion gran sur are missing out on a lot of business from the English speaking population. They rarely change the films and seem to put the original version films on at odd times. Watching your favorite actors dubbed into Spanish just spoils it for me!

totally agree

warbey
17-04-2014, 18:12

There's only one thing worse than NO AD

and that's a WRONG AD.....

henry
19-04-2014, 21:12
i can speak spanish as well. beacuse im spanish by blood from my mom. but still i do like v.o. movies now and then. and it not the same listen in spanish

bonitatime
20-04-2014, 10:47
Their good excuse the last time I commented about the web was it probably wasn't their web

kingbaker
20-04-2014, 12:00
Pardon my ignoramusness, but wott is. V.O please?!:p:cool:;)

Foz
20-04-2014, 12:38
Version original x

kingbaker
20-04-2014, 12:56
Version original x

Thanks ......Foz!!:p

slodgedad
20-04-2014, 18:15
One reason that things are changed at the last minute could be pure economics.

My wife and daughter went to see Frozen (supposedly one of the biggest films of the year) and apart from them there were 2 others in the cinema.

If the English versions of films were better supported then the schedule would probably be adhered to.

warbey
20-04-2014, 20:44

My wife and daughter went to see Frozen (supposedly one of the biggest films of the year) and apart from them there were 2 others in the cinema.

If the English versions of films were better supported then the schedule would probably be adhered to.

Sounds exactly the same as certain other Locations where Beer is drunk. and Programmed Entertainment, Maybe.......???

primrose
20-04-2014, 21:22

Perhaps if people were sure the advertised film would be shown more would turn up,no fun going and when you get there the film you wanted to see has been taken off.

henry
21-04-2014, 19:43
i see spiderman 2 is in english now at gran sur!! now you see you go over make plans to see spiderman wait in line for 45 mins just to find out they take spiderman 2 off. it in the spanish paper el dia now saiding it on now. (i bet anything to watse 2.40 euros on bus and wait in line)

Foz
11-05-2014, 14:38
Have gran sur stopped showing films in the original version? I've checked the web site the past few weeks and none of the films showing have VO next it the listing????