PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Georges Day

JaBBa
23-04-2014, 13:08
Saint George's Day*is the*feast day*of*Saint George*and the National Day for England. St. George's Day is not an official national holiday in England or the UK. It is celebrated by various*Christian*churches and by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the*patron saint. Saint George's Day is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of Saint George's death in AD 303.

LUCKY
23-04-2014, 14:39
Saint George's Day*is the*feast day*of*Saint George*and the National Day for England. St. George's Day is not an official national holiday in England or the UK. It is celebrated by various*Christian*churches and by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the*patron saint. Saint George's Day is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of Saint George's death in AD 303.

The History of St George’s Day

In 1222 the Council of Oxford declared April 23rd to be St George’s Day
It was not until 1348 that St George became the Patron Saint of England
In 1415, St George’s Day was declared a national feast day and holiday in England

Thank you and a very happy St Georges day to you.:flatcap:

Angusjim
23-04-2014, 14:52
The History of St George’s Day

In 1222 the Council of Oxford declared April 23rd to be St George’s Day
It was not until 1348 that St George became the Patron Saint of England
In 1415, St George’s Day was declared a national feast day and holiday in England

Thank you and a very happy St Georges day to you.:flatcap:
Is Yorkshire still part of England I thought you had independence :scotland::laugh:

LUCKY
23-04-2014, 14:58
Is Yorkshire still part of England I thought you had independence :scotland::laugh:

Our day is the 1st of August (i love the word Baffled) So to prove that every day is not Malty Mo day, here is a link from a previous Yorkshire day. :flatcap::flatcap::flatcap::flatcap::feret::feret: :feret::feret:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5234444.stm

kingbaker
23-04-2014, 15:09

Kicked out more like!!:laugh::c2::whistle::moped::moped::moped:

Ricman
23-04-2014, 16:37
And a small town in the Midlands has banned flying the English flag from peoples homes on this day because it may upset some non English people. YCNMIU

Angusjim
23-04-2014, 16:52
And a small town in the Midlands has banned flying the English flag from peoples homes on this day because it may upset some non English people. YCNMIU

You leave the Welsh alone they are easily offended:laugh::nono:

marbro8
23-04-2014, 17:34
just been reading that st george became patron saint of england in 1415 when henry "v" soldiers won the battle of agincourt after praying for the saint's help, he was a turkish born roman soldier who was beheaded on april the 23rd for refusing to help persecute and torture christians (ahh bless):wink:

AL JAY
23-04-2014, 17:46

That has really annoyed me, whoever voted that proposal in needs to be thrown off the council..... *grits teeth*

Happy St George's day!!!

Medman
23-04-2014, 20:58
That has really annoyed me, whoever voted that proposal in needs to be thrown off the council..... *grits teeth*

Happy St George's day!!!

This is DRAGON on a bit .......*gets coat* ... :tongue:

marbro8
23-04-2014, 21:58
i was just wondering why when you get st davids day we get quite a response from our welsh members, when you get st andrews day we get quite a response from our scottish members, and st patricks day gets a massive response, but st george is quite a damp squib really???

LUCKY
23-04-2014, 22:01
i was just wondering why when you get st davids day we get quite a response from our welsh members, when you get st andrews day we get quite a response from our scottish members, and st patricks day gets a massive response, but st george is quite a damp squib really???

Not here at linikers .No dam sqib✌

marbro8
23-04-2014, 22:12
Not here at linikers .No dam sqib✌bloody hell lucky? you are in linaker's ? you are younger than i envisaged:laugh:, if you have your i phone with you just keep it in your pocket with your hands in on the way home:wink:

LUCKY
23-04-2014, 22:24
bloody hell lucky? you are in linaker's ? you are younger than i envisaged:laugh:, if you have your i phone with you just keep it in your pocket with your hands in on the way home:wink:

Thank you 🔞 🆔 🍺 Now where is the web can in here 🎬